TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise and Car Show

SVT NAJA

Oh, wow. Well, on the bright side I might have my car back!

And the last time I was skiing in July was the early 90's. I'm actually kind of happy that we had another long and cold winter. In a way it's nice knowing that it can "still happen" with all this global warming going on.

Anyway Jim, better safe than sorry. Maybe I will see you and everyone in September.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin and I were able to change our reservations with no problem. All of our reservations at Harvey's were changed with no problem. Dan & Sal are having a problem as well for the Embassy on Friday night. They are working on it.

Aggie

Aggie,

I would think that most reputable hotels (like the Embassy) would have no problem moving a reservation to a later (non-prime time) date as they still get the revenue, rather than a black eye and a disappointed customer. I hope this works out for Dan and Sal. Keep me posted. Thanks.

Jim

Oh, wow. Well, on the bright side I might have my car back!

And the last time I was skiing in July was the early 90's. I'm actually kind of happy that we had another long and cold winter. In a way it's nice knowing that it can "still happen" with all this global warming going on.

Anyway Jim, better safe than sorry. Maybe I will see you and everyone in September.

Gabe,

There's nothing like skiing down the slopes in the morning on the 4th of July and then sitting on the deck at Squaw (or Northstar) and watching the "beach wear" outfits appear after lunch! But that's when I didn't care how wet the roads were and long before I could afford a Shelby...

Jim

Aggie,

I would think that most reputable hotels (like the Embassy) would have no problem moving a reservation to a later (non-prime time) date as they still get the revenue, rather than a black eye and a disappointed customer. I hope this works out for Dan and Sal. Keep me posted. Thanks.

Jim

They went thru this website that I have never heard of..... stay tuned....

Gabe,

There's nothing like skiing down the slopes in the morning on the 4th of July and then sitting on the deck at Squaw (or Northstar) and watching the "beach wear" outfits appear after lunch! But that's when I didn't care how wet the roads were and long before I could afford a Shelby...

Jim

True that. Of course no one in the Mid West ever believed me that I was skiing on July 4th in California. :shrug: Glad to know I'm not crazy. :hysterical:

Jim:

The group from Sacramento that I've been communicating with on this cruise is still committed to going in September :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: . (Check your Pvt message inbox). We'll keep checking back and hope everyone else can make it too.

Aggie,

Jim

Well, no luck. It has nothing to do with the hotel. They booked thru this website called Geocaching, which seems to be affiliated with Priceline. Apparently, when you book thru them there is no cancellations or changes. My stepmom (she is a manager at the Embassy) tried to get thru to someone to ask if they would change, but she had no luck getting thru. I really don't think that would have worked anyway, it states right on their reservations no changes.

I have Never been a big fan of those websites and that just proved my feelings about them.

Jim:

The group from Sacramento that I've been communicating with on this cruise is still committed to going in September :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: . (Check your Pvt message inbox). We'll keep checking back and hope everyone else can make it too.

Al,

I received your PM and will e-mail your group when we post the rescheduled "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise later this month or early in July (don't want to confuse anyone with this 6/25 thread). I'm encouraged that you are jazzed about the revised date and the new venue on the beach for our BBQ and Car Show won't disappoint. Here are some pictures from last September when several TS members participated in a local car show at the same location. This year, Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region has the entire facility reserved for our own event. happy%20feet.gif

Jim

KingsBeachCruise059.jpg

KingsBeachCruise060.jpg

KingsBeachCruise061.jpg

KingsBeachCruise062.jpg

Well, no luck. It has nothing to do with the hotel. They booked thru this website called Geocaching, which seems to be affiliated with Priceline. Apparently, when you book thru them there is no cancellations or changes. My stepmom (she is a manager at the Embassy) tried to get thru to someone to ask if they would change, but she had no luck getting thru. I really don't think that would have worked anyway, it states right on their reservations no changes.

I have Never been a big fan of those websites and that just proved my feelings about them.

Aggie,

Needless to say, I'm bummed to hear about this lack of customer service from these "hospitality and travel" websites. I'm in the process of trying to secure group rates from Ferrari's Crown Resort in Kings Beach (right near our event) and will post-up when I know.

Jim

Sept 10th works great for us. Looking forward to it. Don and Cheryl (Sherlby)

Don,

That's great news that you and Cheryl will be able to make the September 10th rescheduled event. Stay tuned for the new thread which will be posted when 6/25 passes. Thanks!

Jim

Aggie,

Needless to say, I'm bummed to hear about this lack of customer service from these "hospitality and travel" websites. I'm in the process of trying to secure group rates from Ferrari's Crown Resort in Kings Beach (right near our event) and will post-up when I know.

Jim

Dan managed to get his changed with a little persistance. Sal is working on his.

Dan (dwattsup) will be attending in Sept.

Was really looking forward to next weekend untill I got online and found the date change. I've made the change in my calender and will be there.

rguy1500,

I was looking forward to this Saturday as well, but 2 weeks ago, conditions in the Sierra's dictated a rescheduling of our TS event. I'm glad you'll be able to make the September 10th date. Stay tuned for a new thread we'll post next week.

Jim

PS: You're welcome to join a group of us cruising from Saratoga to Half Moon Bay this Saturday instead http://www.teamshelb...ick-off-cruise/

Dan managed to get his changed with a little persistance. Sal is working on his.

Dan (dwattsup) will be attending in Sept.

Aggie,

That's great news about Dan's reservation. Have Sal tell the agent he doesn't want to get his cousin Guido involved, if you know what I mean...hysterical.gif

Aggie,

That's great news about Dan's reservation. Have Sal tell the agent he doesn't want to get his cousin Guido involved, if you know what I mean...hysterical.gif

Hahahaha.... nice..... I've got my fingers crossed for him......

I actually spent the past week and weekend in Tahoe. The weather was great, but the locals were still complaining about having to deal with all the snow. They were shoveling their driveways June 6th!

While we could have done the event, we erred on the side of caution. There was run off, road construction delays and massive pollen drop to contend with.

Looking forward to September 10th!

Too bad you guys couldn't make it this weekend. The weather was REALLY rough! At least the 100 or so members of the Corvette club were there. :-/ See you guys next time

I actually spent the past week and weekend in Tahoe. The weather was great, but the locals were still complaining about having to deal with all the snow. They were shoveling their driveways June 6th!

While we could have done the event, we erred on the side of caution. There was run off, road construction delays and massive pollen drop to contend with.

Looking forward to September 10th!

- Aj -,

It was bound to be Murphy's Law that our original date of June 25th would be a nice sunny blue sky warm no wind day at Lake Tahoe... :doh:

However, three weeks ago when it was raining cats and dogs in the Bay Area and snowing in the Sierra's, we had to make a decision that was in the best interest (and safety) of our TS group that planned on attending the cruise. :superhero:

I was in Tahoe on Saturday June 18th (one week prior to our initial date for Snakes at the Lake) making some final arrangements for the rescheduled September 10th date, and as the following pictures demonstrate, there was still an abundance of snow accompanied by cool temperatures in the 60's...

These pictures were taken from I-80 over several miles as I approached Donner Summit...

Cars-Tahoe020.jpg

Cars-Tahoe017.jpg

Cars-Tahoe018.jpg

Cars-Tahoe019.jpg

Heading out Hwy 267 from Truckee towards Tahoe, this was the view of Northstar, every run still covered in snow...

Cars-Tahoe022.jpg

The next couple of pictures show part of the Kings Beach State Park parking lot / beach where our September 10th event will be held. Not many visitors or beach goers due to cool temperatures and wind blown choppy waters.

Cars-Tahoe026.jpg

Cars-Tahoe028.jpg

Later that afternoon as I was heading home, I stopped at Emerald Bay and at the top of Echo Summit to snap these two pictures. In warm weather, Emerald would be crowded with boats, but as you can see... very few were on the water. From the top of Echo you can see why, the sky was overcast.

Cars-Tahoe044.jpg

Cars-Tahoe045.jpg

Even today's forecast for our original Tahoe Vista venue is predicting inclement weather this week. I'm glad you had a nice weekend, but at the time, given an unseasonably wet late spring we didn't want to take the gamble. And while September 10th isn't a guarantee, the post Labor Day weather at the lake is usually very predictable.

ScreenShot025.jpg

Jim.....

We were with your decision 110%. Also, a decision had to be made with in a resonable time due to park/food arrangements and hotel reservations.

We think it was the right call and look forward to the September cruise....

Aggie

For sure I would not have made the June date.

Things are look up, I may be able to make it in Sept.

Anyway, thks for being on top it things, its hard enough planning for a small group of friends let alone a large group scatteree all over.

Jim

Archived