TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise and Car Show

SVT NAJA

Hi Everyone,

Due to the snow pack and the extended weather forecast, we are rescheduling this event to September 10th, 2011.

The national weather services are calling for 20 days of precipitation in Lake Tahoe for the month of June. Combine that with a near record snowpack at almost lake level and we are very concerned about wet roads from the melt and the unpredictability of having a beautiful sunny Tahoe day.

We have reserved a superior venue for September 10th and we will get better hotel rates after Labor Day.

Stay tuned to the PCR forum for specific details in a new thread.

Thanks for your understanding - TSPCR.

PS - check out these June 6th and 1st news videos !

http://news.yahoo.co...idents-25416320

First, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year as we ring-in 2011. happy%20feet.gif

Looking forward to this coming year, I also wanted to post-up notice of this summer's Tahoe Cruise, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 25th. Tentative plans have us departing Old Town Sacramento again and cruising up Highway 50 through the Sierras as we make our way to the lake. We'll make a fuel stop at the Chevron station in Meyers and stage at the golf course next door before heading up Hwy 89 on the west side past Emerald Bay on our way to Tahoe Vista, where we're making plans for a BBQ and Car Show.

This year we'll be conducting the cruise as a charity event for the Carroll Shelby Foundation, which most of you I'm sure are familiar with. It's an opportunity for us to give something back to Mr. Shelby (not to mention for a great cause as well). Also, as many of you may have noticed, Team Shelby is in the process of ramping-up activities in the various regions around the country. Our Pacific Coast Region Director, Michael McGuirk, will provide more information in the near future on how this cruise will dovetail with those efforts. So stay tuned for more details.

In the meantime, mark your calendars and post-up if you're interested in joining us for a great day on the road and at the lake:

1. SVT NAJA - Concord

2. SicShelby - Modesto

3. Cali_KR - South Bay

4. MMcGuirk - San Jose

5. KAM - Pleasanton

6. Dans07SGT - Modesto

7. 08jester - Livermore

8. SR SNAKE - Amador County

9. itowem - Oakley

10. AstroDan - Suisun City

11. Dubstang - East Bay

12. shelbyguy470 - Lake Tahoe

13. trob_17 - Morgan Hill

14. cobrakidz - Folsom

15. jp1gt - Georgetown

16. Destry - Modesto

17. GSHELBYT - Napa Valley

18. JimC - Oakdale

19. elkhorn6990 - Castroville

20. ShelbyTom - San Francisco Bay Area

21. blkGT500nCA - Eureka

22. Gallupn - Carmichael

23. CSGTJoe - South Bay

24. 2TEJOTA - Rohnert Park

25. tdshelby - Utah

26. Sherlby - Lodi

27. bluebyou - Roseville

28. - Aj - CenCal

29. Rguy1500 - CA

30. John Gentile - Greer, SC

31. Wingrider - SF South Bay

32. aonebadbone - Livermore

33. idrathergolf - Fremont

Welcome to the following NorCal SVTOA, Koolstangs and Mid Valley Stangs members who will be joining us:

1. Fabman

2. fstryde03

3. kcs50ho

4. Beeb03

5. spetsnaz103

6. dwattsup

7. me32

8. Lorenzo

9. Orange Crush Boss 302

10. JenzBad500

11. 04cobra408

12. 97SnakeBite

13. Po's Sweet Ash

14. Tams6EStang

15. R&B w/Koolstangs

16. J&S w/Koolstangs

17. Jailtime

18. Shelby

19. SoWeTt03

20. 07SlvrGrl

Pictures from last year's cruise: http://www.teamshelb...0/page__st__180

Ken Ahmann's 2010 Tahoe Cruise video:

Lake_Tahoe_Panoramic.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I stated that last year I would make it. I did not, and regret any cruise with Shelby comrades. Mark me down for 2011!

Rich,

It's the perfect time at the lake, and with the storms we've had so far (check the Sunnyside web cam... the deck's piled high), I suspect there will be plenty of snow on the ridge tops left to enjoy at probably 75 degrees dockside. Perfect cruising weather! Maybe some of the northwest members can join you for the trip down I-5. :superhero:

Jim

Hey Jim,

A little far out (calender wise) for me to know for certain, but for now, mark me down as well... :shift:

Tom

Tom,

This is the same Saturday as last year. We know Mid-America ends the previous weekend and I tried to determine when the BJ Orange auction occurs, but they haven't posted it yet. So I needed to go with this date before the 4th of July weekend when the summer crowds at the lake swell. I'll post you up!

Jim

I will have the 350 by then and will be joining the cruise.

Michael,

Welcome aboard! I guess that means you're the cruise Pace Car... so we can all appreciate that beautiful exhaust note. :superhero:

Jim

edit - spelling

Hey Jim

Monette and I plan on attending, great cruise happy%20feet.gif

Kevin

Kevin,

I've posted you guys up! I wish I could join all of you at the Bash, but we have one of those refinery turnarounds starting and they run 24/7 till they're buttoned back up and running smooth. Gotta help make that 91 octane for our Shelby's.

Jim

Sure going to try and make this one!

Dan,

I'll post you up! It would be great to have you make it this year with your SGT and get a side-by-side shot with Michael's GT350... maybe white is the fastest color??? happy%20feet.gif

Jim

Jim......

Scott and I are soooo in. Put this on my calendar a couple months ago.

There are several NorCal people that want to go again, so I will post this.

Thanks Jim for your awesome planning and love the original route. Let me know if you need any assistance with anything.....

Here are some more that say yes:

dwattsup - Pleasanton

Fabman - Pleasanton

fstryde03 - Sacramento

CobraKidz - Sacramento

98 Sactown Cobra - Sacramento

kcs5oho - Sacramento

spetsnaz103 - Sacramento

Bridgette - Santa Cruz

Nightmare - Morgan Hill

Maybe:

Beeb03 - Sacramento

me32 - Fairfield

Aggie

Jim......

Scott and I are soooo in. Put this on my calendar a couple months ago.

There are several NorCal people that want to go again, so I will post this.

Thanks Jim for your awesome planning and love the original route. Let me know if you need any assistance with anything.....

Here are some more that say yes:

dwattsup - Pleasanton

Fabman - Pleasanton

fstryde03 - Sacramento

CobraKidz - Sacramento

98 Sactown Cobra - Sacramento

kcs5oho - Sacramento

spetsnaz103 - Sacramento

Bridgette - Santa Cruz

Nightmare - Morgan Hill

Maybe:

Beeb03 - Sacramento

me32 - Fairfield

Aggie

Aggie,

I've got you and Scott posted! I noticed on today's NorCal thread you are asking for confirmations, so I'll hang for a bit before adding their list. I'll call tomorrow regarding some help. Thanks!

Jim

Aggie,

I've got you and Scott posted! I noticed on today's NorCal thread you are asking for confirmations, so I'll hang for a bit before adding their list. I'll call tomorrow regarding some help. Thanks!

Jim

You got it!! More than happy to help.....

Count me in Too ! ! !

I'll be looking forward to a Awesome Run !

~Mike~

Mike,

That's great news! I know we got washed out last month for the run to HMB, but the Tahoe run is almost guaranteed weather in June.

Jim

Mike,

That's great news! I know we got washed out last month for the run to HMB, but the Tahoe run is almost guaranteed weather in June.

Jim

Thanks Jim, Yep Tahoe in June should be just GREAT just watch out for that Global Warming Stuff ..... "LOL"

~Mike~

Archived