TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCLEOD RXT

frydguy79

i thought i'd start the New Year out right , so i went in today and put my new clutch in the car this morning, it took me about 3 hours to do it at work,, it is awsome to have all the right toolshappy%20feet.gif

it's the track package unit with the heavier flywheel , i did not drive it yet tho it was 6 degrees this morning :doh: hopefully this spring will give me some nice days to get it broke in, my 4th stock clutch just could not handle the torque :shift:

i got from the guys @ http://store.bvmperformance.com/default.asp

I had mine (RXT) installed yesterday. Way different feel than OEM. Effort is much easier than OEM. Engaged quicker than stock - others say after break-in, pedal engages higher up more like stock. In first, when it's not chattering, it's grabbing. I heard that stops too. Once it's in second, it feels fine.

I'm trying to put 500 city miles on it before next Saturday's Test n Tune. Can't wait to drop the hammer.

I had mine (RXT) installed yesterday. Way different feel than OEM. Effort is much easier than OEM. Engaged quicker than stock - others say after break-in, pedal engages higher up more like stock. In first, when it's not chattering, it's grabbing. I heard that stops too. Once it's in second, it feels fine.

I'm trying to put 500 city miles on it before next Saturday's Test n Tune. Can't wait to drop the hammer.

congrats on the install, it's way too cold here to think about a test or tune lol

• 3 weeks later...

i thought i'd start the New Year out right , so i went in today and put my new clutch in the car this morning, it took me about 3 hours to do it at work,, it is awsome to have all the right toolshappy%20feet.gif

it's the track package unit with the heavier flywheel , i did not drive it yet tho it was 6 degrees this morning :doh: hopefully this spring will give me some nice days to get it broke in, my 4th stock clutch just could not handle the torque :shift:

i got from the guys @ http://store.bvmperformance.com/default.asp

What's involved on the install?

• 1 month later...
[/What's involved on the install?

quote]

I would like to know as well. I am about to try this job this weekend. If you have any tricks or tips that will help the novice, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

David

it's not too hard if you have a lift,, remove the xpipe and the hydralic clutch line,, which can be a pain,, then the transmission and the rest is pretty easy,,, it took me about 3 hours in my shop by myself :rant2:

i need to get out and drive it i only have 150 miles on it yet :redcard: and it has been awsome weather too ,, i need to finish up my 3" brake ducts yet :confused: i still have the front end off the car

it's not too hard if you have a lift,, remove the xpipe and the hydralic clutch line,, which can be a pain,, then the transmission and the rest is pretty easy,,, it took me about 3 hours in my shop by myself

How did you get to the bolts at the top of the transmission? Did you have to lower the engine?

Archived