TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking to upgrade my Shelby

Slish_Slash

I have a 2010 GT500 with around 3,500 miles, and I am considering buying the Evolution Performance Stage 3 Package C&L (starting at $2,400). Before I buy this upgrade I wanted to get some opinions and words of wisdom to make sure I get the most out of my money.

A couple questions I have are...

1. Does this package provide a significant power increase for the money?

2. What other package or upgrade would you recommend?

3. For those of you who have the package, have you had to do any other upgrades because of the Evo Stage 3 pkg?

Thanks a lot guys,

Travis

I just did similar mods and I'm now making 585whp and its honestly not enough power for the investment and wish I would of saved up just a little bit longer and went with VMP's new TVS supercharger. Besides I don't care for parts used in Evo's stage 3 like the monoblade TB, aluminum lower, and a CAI which you already have.

VMP's new TVS makes +146whp

If that too much $$$ then just get a SCT and VMP's pulley/idler and some sticky tires.

I sort of have the equivalent of that package. I mean, technically I have a stage 0 with a lot of other stuff (see signature), but I can tell you that unless you are going to drag the car, it's plenty of power for the track and everyday driving. It won't do much for sound (you'd need headers and/or exhaust for that). If you do go with any sort of power upgrade like that, you'll probably want to consider a suspension upgrade, better cooling, and better wheels/rubber to put that power to the ground. That's where I am right now. I have 593 rwhp, an upgraded suspension, and enhanced cooling, but now I need to upgrade the wheels and tires. In summary, I think it is a good package for the money. I have had very good experiences dealing with Evo.

What's your plans for your car? Is it your DD, a toy, track car, street car ...give us some more details so we can be helpful.

I have a 2010 GT500 with around 3,500 miles, and I am considering buying the Evolution Performance Stage 3 Package C&L (starting at $2,400). Before I buy this upgrade I wanted to get some opinions and words of wisdom to make sure I get the most out of my money.

A couple questions I have are...

1. Does this package provide a significant power increase for the money?

2. What other package or upgrade would you recommend?

3. For those of you who have the package, have you had to do any other upgrades because of the Evo Stage 3 pkg?

Thanks a lot guys,

Travis

Archived