TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SIDE SCOOPS

VYOL8TR

Has anyone added the side scoops to their GT500? Not the window vents/scoops ,but the side scoops on the quarter panel (fake brake coolers). Why did Ford put them on the CA Special, Hertz Shelby and the Shelby GT and not put them on the GT500? The original 67 GT500 had them... I just ordered a pair of Factory Ford Side Scoops designed for the California Special and should have them friday. They require drilling to install the hardware that holds them on, along with 3M tape on outer edges. Have to get them painted GO first. Has anyone installed the factory Ford scoops?

I'm not familliar with the design, but I would not drill holes. You would be surprised how strong a glob of silicone can be. Then you could still take it off it necessary. It will probably have clips that snap into the holes. That's what 2001-2004 GTs have. I would just put some silicone where the clip would go, and somehow clamp or tape it tightly and let it dry overnight. Then you got no holes.

Has anyone added the side scoops to their GT500? Not the window vents/scoops ,but the side scoops on the quarter panel (fake brake coolers). Why did Ford put them on the CA Special, Hertz Shelby and the Shelby GT and not put them on the GT500? The original 67 GT500 had them... I just ordered a pair of Factory Ford Side Scoops designed for the California Special and should have them friday. They require drilling to install the hardware that holds them on, along with 3M tape on outer edges. Have to get them painted GO first. Has anyone installed the factory Ford scoops?

There is somebody with a white/blue car that did this...let me think who that was....

Edit: I had downloaded a pic of the car...here it is...but I can't recall who's car this is?

BEEKAY? Kaylan? KCMO? Who else has white/blue? SCGT (aka canned good dude), who's car is this?

Dave

post-3382-1172703204_thumb.jpg

Archived