TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fays2 Watts Link - Anyone using this?

Robert M

Did the deed today - billet Watts link. Picked a few other things for under the hood.

Big thanks to Tim to check with you on deleting the bezels out of the 4.6L air duct kit.

Weather here yesterday was sufficient to take the car out for a spring warm up. Thrill of the drive moved me enough to spring for the parts.

Now it is a waiting game. Suggestion I have if this ships Fedex is to be able to have material shipped to me via my nearby Fedex Store. Tim was not sure how to do and thought I could do after it ships - Fedex says it is responsibility of the sender and receiver cannot change. Have done this with people sending me things and it saves a lot of hassle.

Tom

Call our Shipping Manager Bill Cherwin tomorrow, he may be able to hook you up. (702) 942-7325.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call our Shipping Manager Bill Cherwin tomorrow, he may be able to hook you up. (702) 942-7325.

Jer

Jer,

Got everything as of yesterday. Yet to open the Billet Watts link box. Hate to think what the iron version would weigh if I had ordered it. This box has more mass than the Panhard and the Panhard reinforcement I am removing. But the results you mention will offset that.

Everything got here undamages and Master cylinder resevoir is installed. Need to work out a hoist permit for work and get a friend to stay so the Watts link and Air ducts get installed. Target for Memorial day to be done and then try out at my SAAC Track day on June 3rd.

Thanks to great support there in the trenches. Team is working great.

Tom

If you are not pleased, I would be surprised. The added weight is not what you will notice. Not to mention when I took out the steel girder (panhard bar) off my car the only thing that kept going through my head when looking at it was, "man this is a cheap piece of crap". My billet watts link has peformed wonderfully. Had to play with the position of the rear axle to line everything up correctly a couple of times after install and you will need to find some twisty country roads to drive the car agressively and pitch it hard in the corners for about 100 miles, then get the car back up on the lift and re-tighten everything. After that, you'll be set. Best of luck and I hope your experience will be as good as mine has been.

Archived