• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes and yes!!

P1000436.JPG

P1000450.JPG

P1000453.JPG

P1000434.JPG

Tell me more about your observations after this was installed, ride, roughness, handling characteristics, etc. I like the fact that the diff. cover is not the center point for the load.

Thank you for the many pictures.

Thanks, R

Tell me more about your observations after this was installed, ride, roughness, handling characteristics, etc. I like the fact that the diff. cover is not the center point for the load.

Thank you for the many pictures.

Thanks, R

I really like it, very good bang for the buck... The ride is way more stable than with a panhard bar, the watts link ties the rear end in with the frame and stops the side to side movement so the back end doesn't float around... Great for launching, cornering and drifting... I really didn't notice much more road noise, but I have a vert!! There is no clunking or anything like that...

It is a well thought out and heavy duty piece, I was blown away by the quality when I got it, honestly!! It's a shame all that beauty is under the car!! It gets an A+ from me...

I also installed a set of adj Dspecs, I still have the factory sway bars... No need to change them... If you have an aftermarket rear sway bar you might want to make sure it fits with the fays2...

P1000194.JPG

P1000188.JPG

P1000192.JPG

This is for a vert to clear the suspension bar,

P1000197.JPG

This looks pretty nice for controlling side to side movement of the axle housing. Does this replace the panhard bar? and is it completely a bolt-in item with no additional holes drilled in the car?

http://www.shelbysto.../s7ma-5649-.htm

Thanks, R

I have had a Fay's on my 06 GT since 2007 and have it coming on my 350. Possibly the single best mod for an S197. Make the car ride and handle great.

Ford agrees, at the Boss 302 reveal in Monterey the mustang engineers stated they would have put one on the Boss if they could have got it past the bean counters.

^ No, it's stated right on the Shelby parts page

Thanks. I bought the Shelby cover months ago and did not remember what it said about fitment, except that a panhard relocation bracket would be needed. Once I started this thread that got me wondering how close the Fays2 was in this area.

If I remember correctly that FRPP low profile cover is $160-$170 or something like that.

R

Here is a pic of my FRPP M-4033-G2, Summit has them for $195

http://www.summitrac.../FMS-M-4033-G2/

They appear to have gone up since I looked at them last.

This was more along the price that I remember......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-11-MUSTANG-GT-SVT-FORD-RACING-AXLE-GIRDLE-M-4033G2-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230cf4e6f7QQitemZ150541231863QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

R

P1000436.JPG

P1000434.JPG

In addition to the bracing shown above, what other convert. specific bracing was added on the assy. line?

I wonder if a coupe could benefit from any additional convert. bracing like Ford found to be useful on the 1993 Cobra R and the installation of the convert. X-brace pieces under the K member..............

Picture537.jpg

The convert. bracing was also part of the original 1995 Cobra R build, but it was deleted during the 2 car pilot run on the Dearborn Assy. Line.

Could a S197 coupe benefit from any additional structural bracing?

R

I really like it, very good bang for the buck... The ride is way more stable than with a panhard bar, the watts link ties the rear end in with the frame and stops the side to side movement so the back end doesn't float around... Great for launching, cornering and drifting... I really didn't notice much more road noise, but I have a vert!! There is no clunking or anything like that...

It is a well thought out and heavy duty piece, I was blown away by the quality when I got it, honestly!! It's a shame all that beauty is under the car!! It gets an A+ from me...

I also installed a set of adj Dspecs, I still have the factory sway bars... No need to change them... If you have an aftermarket rear sway bar you might want to make sure it fits with the fays2...

P1000194.JPG

P1000188.JPG

P1000192.JPG

This is for a vert to clear the suspension bar,

P1000197.JPG

+1, best bang for the $$$

In addition to the bracing shown above, what other convert. specific bracing was added on the assy. line?

I wonder if a coupe could benefit from any additional convert. bracing like Ford found to be useful on the 1993 Cobra R and the installation of the convert. X-brace pieces under the K member..............

The convert. bracing was also part of the original 1995 Cobra R build, but it was deleted during the 2 car pilot run on the Dearborn Assy. Line.

Could a S197 coupe benefit from any additional structural bracing?

R

I think the rear braces are the only extra ones on the verts... For the front I ordered a BMR K member, a arms and a arm support brace... WOOT!!

The coupe's are pretty solid cars as is but better never hurts!! Put a roll bar in, that will stiffen her up good!!

I think the rear braces are the only extra ones on the verts... For the front I ordered a BMR K member, a arms and a arm support brace... WOOT!!

The coupe's are pretty solid cars as is but better never hurts!! Put a roll bar in, that will stiffen her up good!!

did you install the k-member? i've been on the fence for months now. i'm not worried about NVH, but fitment. my shop did a few and wasn't impressed with the piece.

did you install the k-member? i've been on the fence for months now. i'm not worried about NVH, but fitment. my shop did a few and wasn't impressed with the piece.

The additional noise mentioned in the SPP description of this tube K-member will probably keep me from installing it. I did buy the tubed front lower control arms and the A-arm to A-arm support brace that SPP offers. The A-arm bar seems like a small cost item for some extra support side to side up front.

R

P1000194.JPG

P1000188.JPG

How does the left/drivers side of the main Fays2 bar attach?

Thanks, R

I haven't got it yet!! Just shipped out yesterday, will take a week to get up here!! There better not be any fitment isssues, I know someone with a bucket that lives in Florida!!

I will report back when it gets here and gets installed...

Archived