TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fays2 Watts Link - Anyone using this?

Robert M

How does the left/drivers side of the main Fays2 bar attach?

Thanks, R

Two bolts into the factory holes...

P1000381.JPG

Here is the clearance between the fays2 and the factory sway bar,

P1000448.JPG

The clearance between the diff,

P1000393.JPG

P1000419.JPG

:hysterical: I should get a commision on any sales I think!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P1000381.JPG

P1000448.JPG

P1000393.JPG

P1000419.JPG

OCD You Should! Thanks for the pictures. Will be helpful this time.

Also, thanks Shelby Store for the missing install directions. Good thing I can DL from Fays2 site.

Happy New Year

P1000381.JPG

P1000448.JPG

P1000393.JPG

P1000419.JPG

Thanks for the additional pictures. I think I will gather the $$$ for this addition to my Super Snake, it looks like a nice set up. I have the full 3" JBA mandrel bent exhaust, it is tight around the rear axle but it does not appear that the Fays2 will get into the catback pipe area. Is this your observation also?

R

Thanks for the additional pictures. I believe I might just save some $$$ for that addition to my Super Snake. I have the full 3" JBA mandrel bent exhaust, it is tight around the rear axle but it does not appear that the Fays2 will get into the catback pipe area. Is this your observation also?

R

Yes, there is lots of room for exhaust clearance... I am going full 3" too!!

I have the bmr k member, not installed yet. as for the added nvh, I really dont think there will be any more added, unless you go with a arms with poly bush. If you are not using the a arms there really shouldnt be an iussue

Now for the watts link? How would you rate these for drag racing and cutting down the 60' times? Im looking for something that is for an everyday street car and can handle the strip. I had just installed the lca relocation brackets hoping that these would do the trick along with all the bmr stuff i have added. I was told that the watts link was more for corner carving than 60'

I have the bmr k member, not installed yet. as for the added nvh, I really dont think there will be any more added, unless you go with a arms with poly bush. If you are not using the a arms there really shouldnt be an issue.

I am not sure why SPP states that the nvh is additional with the tube K-member. Maybe the tube set up transfers noise and vibration more than the OEM K-member? I'm not sure. SPP also states that there is more nvh with the adjustable front lower a-arms. No mention of additional nvh with the non-adjustable tube LCA's, just the adjustables.

I would guess that these items have been tested and there was a noticable noise level difference during testing since it is specifically mentioned for some parts and not others?

It may even be the way the motor mounts are mounted since this K-member lowers the engine, I believe by 1/2", is that right? The noise or vibration when using this K-member may be related to the engine mounting?

R

I have had a Fay's on my 06 GT since 2007 and have it coming on my 350. Possibly the single best mod for an S197. Make the car ride and handle great.

Ford agrees, at the Boss 302 reveal in Monterey the mustang engineers stated they would have put one on the Boss if they could have got it past the bean counters.

+1000000

first mod I did to my car 3 years ago and love it.........money well spent! :salute:

I am not sure why SPP states that the nvh is additional with the tube K-member. Maybe the tube set up transfers noise and vibration more than the OEM K-member? I'm not sure. SPP also states that there is more nvh with the adjustable front lower a-arms. No mention of additional nvh with the non-adjustable tube LCA's, just the adjustables.

Robert,

Look at the engine mounts on the SPP/BMR K-member and compare them with OEM/Stock mounts. The SPP/BMR mounts are very small neopreme and the OEM mounts are HUGE, thicker and rubber. That is where you will gain more noise and vibration.

As for the added noise/vibration on the adjustable vs. non-adjustable A-arms, again....look at the mouting points. The adjustable arms have hiem type (i.e. solid) mounts on one end and the non-adjustable have red neo pivots. Don't be fooled by ALL of the photo's on the SPP site as they have mixed photo's of adjustable and non in their adjustable photo's. Look at ALL of the photo's of the adjustable and notice one has a red neo pivot and the other has silver hiem type pivot with slotted mount on the rearward mount.

HTH,

Phill

Robert,

Look at the engine mounts on the SPP/BMR K-member and compare them with OEM/Stock mounts. The SPP/BMR mounts are very small neopreme and the OEM mounts are HUGE, thicker and rubber. That is where you will gain more noise and vibration.

As for the added noise/vibration on the adjustable vs. non-adjustable A-arms, again....look at the mouting points. The adjustable arms have heim type (i.e. solid) mounts on one end and the non-adjustable have red neo pivots. Don't be fooled by ALL of the photo's on the SPP site as they have mixed photo's of adjustable and non in their adjustable photo's. Look at ALL of the photo's of the adjustable and notice one has a red neo pivot and the other has silver hiem type pivot with slotted mount on the rearward mount.

HTH,

Phill

Not fooled by the SPP site Phill, I actually had a pair of the adjustables here in my hand at my house and examined them. In addition to the heim joint on the adj. end, that end also had a different bushing at its mounting point, White material vs. Red material. The other mounting point appeared to be the same as the non-adjustables, Red bushings at both mounting points. But, both non-adj. and adj. have bushings at both mounting points. I would guess that the White bushing at the mounting point is a different, maybe harder material that the Red bushing(s)? I don't know, but they are not the same in appearance. I returned the adjustables because I decided that I will not need them, and now have the non-adjustables here at my house. Now to make the time and install them..............

As for the K-member and the mounts, so the BMR comes with the shorter mounts and that is how/why the engine is lowered? It is not a design difference in the K-member itself? Basically if you were to use stock OEM motor mounts on the BMR, the engine would be at its stock/OEM level?

R

Nice listening to present and future customers. Keep in mind I enjoy answering the phone and answering any questions (pre or post buy). And thanks to OCD for the great pics and to 500-VERT for the repeat business.

I'll be in Vegas next week so even though I'll take calls, shipments won't go out until next weekend.

Yes, there is lots of room for exhaust clearance... I am going full 3" too!!

Be careful........you think there is a ton of room until you put the 3" back there. Not much room after they are installed. I'm am running a 3" with the Fay's 2 Billet Proto-Type unit.

Roger

FYI...the billet piece (if it goes to production) is intended to have a clear finish. If it's black you loose the "billet aluminum look". What's your opinion "roger-SAI"?

I don't understand what this means... :headscratch:

Be careful........you think there is a ton of room until you put the 3" back there. Not much room after they are installed. I'm am running a 3" with the Fay's 2 Billet Proto-Type unit.

Roger

Thanks for the heads up Roger, seems like there is lots of room!! I am getting a custom system fitted to the car so he can bend some extra clearance in there!!

Pics of the Fay's 2 Billet Proto-Type unit you are running, or it didn't happen...

:hysterical:

Jim,

Been on the car about a month. I do feel a more rigid feeling during hard cornering. A good thing. Feels more planted on entry and exit, It appears to be working quite nicely. We did run into bolt length issues from the original kit which we can review with you. Fit like a glove. Same as your original units.

For everyone reading, We replaced the standard or early version in this case to the billet unit. Very well built piece. As Jim mentioned it would be a clear finish. The Shelby Racetrack logo is etched into the bottom center rail. Very nice touch. And it is clear. I would suppose if this does make it into production you could always take it to your local powder coater for any finish you choose.

Roger

Archived