TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We got some Competition!!!!

sudden

[

Anyone know if the hypereutectic pistons in the LSA motor are cast or forged? For some reason I think I have seen or heard that the pistons in the LSA motor is the weak link and more of a bottle neck than what the GT500 motor is capable of.

Because just like the GT500, a great many of the LT1's will be modified. So no matter which stock car beats the other stock car in the magazine test, that means nothing when you come upon one of these in the wild.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[

Anyone know if the hypereutectic pistons in the LSA motor are cast or forged? For some reason I think I have seen or heard that the pistons in the LSA motor is the weak link and more of a bottle neck than what the GT500 motor is capable of.

Because just like the GT500, a great many of the LT1's will be modified. So no matter which stock car beats the other stock car in the magazine test, that means nothing when you come upon one of these in the wild.

That is very true, but a modicum of respect will be earned by all drivers on both sides. And maybe some good natured comroderie and fun will be had by all. Competition is a good thing. I've never felt bad about being beaten in a race, it just inspires inovation and drive. A little competition keeps the blood flowing and the mind working.

It's 1969 all over again, the top dog Camaro was the ZL-1 ( a total of 69 were made ) with the 427 aluminum big block . Feb 1969 issue of Super Stock magazine said the ZL1 could cover the quarter mile in 10.41 @ 128.10 mph. Now Chevy brings out the ZL-1 Camaro again . This Camaro which i hated @ first has grown on me . This ZL-1 is a real shot in the arm for GM, who knows might consider one. This shows me there are still some hard core car guys @ Chevy . Boy these are the days of HOT cars again !!!

It's 1969 all over again, the top dog Camaro was the ZL-1 ( a total of 69 were made ) with the 427 aluminum big block . Now Chevy brings out the ZL-1 Camaro again . This Camaro which i hated @ first has grown on me . This ZL-1 is a real shot in the arm for GM, who knows might consider one. This shows me there are still some hard core car guys @ Chevy . Boy these are the days of HOT cars again !!!

Agreed....it is 1969 all over again.............remember what happened in the dawn of 1970? B)

* Aaahhh...the wrath of the Middle East. :rolleyes:

Agreed....it is 1969 all over again.............remember what happened in the dawn of 1970? B)

* Aaahhh...the wrath of the Middle East. :rolleyes:

Maybe we will get our oil from Canada and the 70's won't happen this time . I will say this HP war must stop somewhere , the ZR1 corvette is getting a bit much for the average corvette driver.

Maybe we will get our oil from Canada and the 70's won't happen this time . I will say this HP war must stop somewhere , the ZR1 corvette is getting a bit much for the average corvette driver.

A few things are VERY different this time 'round.......

Lot's of power that is 'seemingly' easier to drive. Cars are FAR more advanced these days...traction control, ABS, and suspensions that can handle all of the increased hp! Hence people drive faster more frequently. More cars with 'more' power. Hell even the Hyundai Genesis coupe, (targeted to young 20 somethings) has 300 horseys! Plus, now you have texting, that wasn't a thing of the past. It is much easier to get yourself into trouble these days behind the wheel! It HAS to stop soon, if not for fuel prices.

:salute:

Mr. Negative

It's 1969 all over again, the top dog Camaro was the ZL-1 ( a total of 69 were made ) with the 427 aluminum big block . Feb 1969 issue of Super Stock magazine said the ZL1 could cover the quarter mile in 10.41 @ 128.10 mph. Now Chevy brings out the ZL-1 Camaro again . This Camaro which i hated @ first has grown on me . This ZL-1 is a real shot in the arm for GM, who knows might consider one. This shows me there are still some hard core car guys @ Chevy . Boy these are the days of HOT cars again !!!

Totally agree with you, but SLP is or was supposed to bring this ZL-1 special packaged car with a ltd number of 69# being built just like back in the day....OH,well.let's wait and see...

http://slpcamaro.com/zl-models/zl1/

I found this mag in my 'collection' this morning... July 2008.....things were beginning to heat up! :shift:

Despite the negativity you see here I am sure some of these gT500 owners will be looking to trade up to the ZL1.

...how is that considered a "trade up"? It's still a car that I think looks inferior to those of my GT500, and sitting in an SS, the inside looks cheap and cheesy... and it has some serious blind spots! Hardly a trade up, if you ask me. If I were to get another modern pony/muscle car in the near future, it wouldn't be to replace my GT500, and probably wouldn't be a Camaro. :)

...how is that considered a "trade up"? It's still a car that I think looks inferior to those of my GT500, and sitting in an SS, the inside looks cheap and cheesy... and it has some serious blind spots! Hardly a trade up, if you ask me. If I were to get another modern pony/muscle car in the near future, it wouldn't be to replace my GT500, and probably wouldn't be a Camaro. :)

Ditto. Sorry but Ford is considered the trade up here, plasma coated cylinders walls with 4 valves, a technology package that rivals the best in the biz, superb interior and exterior design, lighter, matches the output of the ZL1 with a much smaller displacement motor, oh yeah and a Shelby nameplate with real heritage not some obscure one off reference from 69 without a face behind it. The only dept. the ZL1 wins in are the brakes. The Zl1 is undoubtedly a cool car but "trade up" was the wrong choice of words. That being said, If GM hired a decent interior design team I might consider it. Seriously the 2011 vette still looks dated as hell inside, as if it was designed in early 2000, it has a freakin calculator display in the center stack... and camaro is just an aweful mess of cheap plastics and poor taste. I really like the exteriors on both but those interiors are just deal breakers.

Why is it people here are so determined to cloud the issue? We are talking about PERFORMANCE. My statement is when this Camaro comes out it will be faster than the GT500. It will be the latest and greatest so despite the vocal minority in this thread you can be sure some GT500 owners will be quick to trade up to the better performing Camaro.

I see posts from Camaro owners calling the Mustang cheaply made I(they say the Mustang is lighter because under the skin the mustang is cheap while the Camaro is built like a tank) and I see post from Mustang owners saying the Camaro is cheaply made. Its funny actually reading both sides.

Blah, blah, blah, the car that hasn't proven anything yet... is THE BEST!.... fantastic point. Bravo sir. Well done.

I do gotta say, this guy sure does have a knack for stoking a fire every time it's seemingly cold. Funny thing is... nearly all his posts 149 are about loving Chevy's... sounds like someone is lost on the way to pleasegodletcamarosbeawesomeagain.com :baby::headscratch:

Why is it people here are so determined to cloud the issue? We are talking about PERFORMANCE. My statement is when this Camaro comes out it will be faster than the GT500. It will be the latest and greatest so despite the vocal minority in this thread you can be sure some GT500 owners will be quick to trade up to the better performing Camaro.

I see posts from Camaro owners calling the Mustang cheaply made I(they say the Mustang is lighter because under the skin the mustang is cheap while the Camaro is built like a tank) and I see post from Mustang owners saying the Camaro is cheaply made. Its funny actually reading both sides.

Really, its about what you like. If your a Camaro fan, you will find a reason it is a better car. However, You are crowning the Camaro the winner before it turns a wheel. Lets wait and see what performance the car has. In the meantime, Im pretty sure Ford already has something up thier sleave. Its always nice when magazines pick your car as faster but, what does that translate to on the streets?

Blah, blah, blah, the car that hasn't proven anything yet... is THE BEST!.... fantastic point. Bravo sir. Well done.

I do gotta say, this guy sure does have a knack for stoking a fire every time it's seemingly cold. Funny thing is... nearly all his posts 149 are about loving Chevy's... sounds like someone is lost on the way to pleasegodletcamarosbeawesomeagain.com :baby::headscratch:

He's been banned from LStech so he's overhere trolling!

[

No forged Pistons in the upcoming ZL1. Big mistake by GM, leaving them firmly behind the GT500 in performance potential. Since boost is limited in the LSA, there are no aftermarket Superchargers lining up. Highest HP on the LSA is achieved by swapping Cam, Heads, Headers, and Porting the SC. That is 620RWHP for about $10k, and your HP is maxed out in a car that weighs over 4k. Glad GM has a chip in the game, but not many Shelby owners will fear the ZL1....... :rolleyes:

I do gotta say, this guy sure does have a knack for stoking a fire every time it's seemingly cold. Funny thing is... nearly all his posts 149 are about loving Chevy's... sounds like someone is lost on the way to www.pleasegodletcamarosbeawesomeagain.com :baby::headscratch:

Another Government Motors failure... the above link isn't working. :hysterical:

Archived