TEAM SHELBY FORUM

She Got A Car For Christmas

JimC

She got here car for christmas. I hid it at the shop while I added the mods. The shop owner and his wife dropped it off in our neigbhors driveway Christmas Eve, I parked it in front of out home Christmas day. Shirley got up about 4:40am Christmas and I gave her her key.

The work started with fresh engine and transmission oil, then removing the old parts prior to the arrival of the camera. The pictures will help tell the story.

Row 1:

Pics 1-3 Here is where I started taking pics with the wheels shocks off, with new springs. Pic 3 Just didn't look right with all the rust.

Pic 4 Rust removal.

Pics 5 - 8 the panhard bar gets installed, pic 8 is a sigh of relief it was colder then a witchs _ _ _ and my hands were frozen - were are the glove when you need them?

Row 2:

Pics 9 -12 New Shocks.

Pics 12 - 16 New Lower Ars

1 In The Begining.jpg

1a Rust and Springs.jpg

2 Lowering Springs.jpg

3 Rust Removal and Painting.jpg

4 FRPP Panhard Bar.jpg

4a Panhard Bar Install.jpg

4c Panhard Bar Adjustment.jpg

5 Painted Rearend Springs Panhard Bar.jpg

6 FRPP Shocks.jpg

6a Shocks Psssaanger side.jpg

6b Shocks Driver side.jpg

6c Shocks installed.jpg

7 Stock Lower Cnt Arm.jpg

8 Lower Control Arm Old vs New.jpg

9a Lower Cnt Arm Install.jpg

9b Lower Cnt Arm Install.jpg

1 In The Begining.jpg

1a Rust and Springs.jpg

2 Lowering Springs.jpg

3 Rust Removal and Painting.jpg

4 FRPP Panhard Bar.jpg

4a Panhard Bar Install.jpg

4c Panhard Bar Adjustment.jpg

5 Painted Rearend Springs Panhard Bar.jpg

6 FRPP Shocks.jpg

6a Shocks Psssaanger side.jpg

6b Shocks Driver side.jpg

6c Shocks installed.jpg

7 Stock Lower Cnt Arm.jpg

8 Lower Control Arm Old vs New.jpg

9a Lower Cnt Arm Install.jpg

9b Lower Cnt Arm Install.jpg

Row 1:

Pic 1. Pumpkin housing gets painted and fresh oil goes back in.

Pics 2 - 6 Finished without straching the fresh paint.

Pics 7-8 The Engine

Row 2:

Pics 1-2 Custom hood vinyl

Pics 3-4 Rear Fender Vinyl

Pics 5-6 Shirley get the get and sees the car for the first time

10 Painted Pumpkin Housing.jpg

11 Rear End Completed.jpg

11a Rear End Completed.jpg

11b Rear End Completed.jpg

11d Rear End Completed.jpg

11e Rear End Completed.jpg

12 Engine.jpg

12a Engine.jpg

13b  Hood Strips Installed.jpg

13c Hood Strips Installed.jpg

14 Rear Fender Strips.jpg

14a Rear Fender Strips.jpg

16 Shirley getting car key.jpg

17 Shirley Gets 1st look at car.jpg

10 Painted Pumpkin Housing.jpg

11 Rear End Completed.jpg

11a Rear End Completed.jpg

11b Rear End Completed.jpg

11d Rear End Completed.jpg

11e Rear End Completed.jpg

12 Engine.jpg

12a Engine.jpg

13b  Hood Strips Installed.jpg

13c Hood Strips Installed.jpg

14 Rear Fender Strips.jpg

14a Rear Fender Strips.jpg

16 Shirley getting car key.jpg

17 Shirley Gets 1st look at car.jpg

Here she is checking out her new car.

17a 1st look at car.jpg

18 Unlocking car door.jpg

18b Getting in car.jpg

18c Getting in car.jpg

19 Stitting in car for the 1st time.jpg

19c Sitting in car.jpg

20 Getting out of car for the 1st time.jpg

21 MY CAR.jpg

17a 1st look at car.jpg

18 Unlocking car door.jpg

18b Getting in car.jpg

18c Getting in car.jpg

19 Stitting in car for the 1st time.jpg

19c Sitting in car.jpg

20 Getting out of car for the 1st time.jpg

21 MY CAR.jpg

Nice job!!! I love to surprize them.... how did ya keep a secret that long and yet have time to work on it?!?!?!?

the panhard bar gets installed pic it is a sigh of relief it was colder then a witchs _ _ _ and my hands were frozen - were are the glove when you need them?

Ya know Jim, maybe if ya closed the garage door it wouldn't have been that cold!!! :hysterical:

She sure looks happy, you can sleep well my friend, a job well done!

The results are not bad

Parts installed:

FRPP Shocks

Springs - lowered the car by 1 inch.

GT500 Adjustable panhard bar

GT500 Lower control arms

Flowmaster exhaust - sounds nice, but I may install the Borla cat back system off the SS.

All replacement oils are Royal Purple - We drove after replaceing the Engine and transmission oil and yes it did make a difference. Improved shifting & excelleration.

The suspension parts greatly improved the handling of the car, it corners better and launches better.

She sure looks happy !!!happy%20feet.gif

You did good Jim.:salute:

Thanks I wasn't sure if she was going to like it because it is a 5 speed and she didn't want to deal with the shifting.

But once she saw it it was a done deal and when she got in it, well you could pry it away from her, its loaded, it talk and responds to voice commands and drives very smooth.

Nice job!!! I love to surprize them.... how did ya keep a secret that long and yet have time to work on it?!?!?!?

Ya know Jim, maybe if ya closed the garage door it wouldn't have been that cold!!! :hysterical:

She sure looks happy, you can sleep well my friend, a job well done!

Oh sure where were you when I could have used your words of wisadom :hysterical:

At first it wasn't easy, First off I couldn't tell anyone in our house, the kids would have gave it up, so it was a head banger till I started toying with her.

I'd call her and tell her the owner of the 65 we are restoring wanted to paint his car black and did know what color strip to add, what color would she pic.

Then I told her I wanted to change the name of my car because everyone with a SS had Snake as part of the cars name and through out a bunch of name, Stang -A- Lang stuck, but she started to doubt my intentions and started cquestioning why I was coming home late wanting to know what I was up to. I had to do something, when she decided to take my truck to work instead of her mini and saw the old lower control arm in the back seat and got mad thinking I was buying more parts for my car. Which really set her off since I hadn't been able to FIND her a Christmas present. HEE HEE HEE... I had her believing she wasn't going to get a present.

It was her driving my truck that made it all work. She likes driving my truck not her mini so I offered to give her the truck and told her I would sell the mini and buy a used clunker for me - WOW did she go bilistic on me. She said I was poning off my truck on her so I could buy the new Shelby GT350 HEE HEE HEE..... Boy does she know me or what.

She was so fired up I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it from her on christmas, so I gave her the key before anyone in thje house got up and before she had her cup of coffee.

Archived