TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4th mod

Next, I decided I needed a little more strength in the driveshaft. I ordered the DSS 3" aluminum one piece driveshaft, and installed it with SVOC Friday the 17th. I didnt take any pictures of the install, but the funny thing is there isnt much to see, and it is a super easy install anyway. I had heard you need to change out the UCA with this install, but I didnt and havent had any problems and no vibrations up to 80. Also, I was worried there would be more vibration noise, but that hasnt been the case either! Im very happy with my new driveshaft!:salute:

The install took about an hour and a half...but we were taking our time too.

Chad, umm, yeah, thats why you need to swap your UCA. Most dont think it is necessary, but it is. The pinion angle is fine under load on a smooth road, but when that axle moves up past an inch, it gets into a bind. We will see how it handles Vegas track at the bash....if Shelby happens to have a UCA, I may have them throw that on for me if the time is available.

• 3 weeks later...

OK I'm new at this . I was thinking of 4 MOD'S ? I was thinking of the one piece driveshaft . What will it do for me ? I'm slso thinking of doing a fuel rail , crank shaft damper and power pack . Am I doing to much ?

Archived