TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Shelby Magazine

LGSchmidtJr

I hope it's not old news but while Christmas shopping last week I spotted the new Shelby magazine and had to have it........

Anyone get it yet?

Laurence

Got ours when we visited the museum in Vegas the last week in October. Another great issue!

Been looking for it, even Walmart did not have it. Any help besides Vegas would be great.

Its getting near the point where the stores that still have issues left will be removing them from the shelf. I'm not sure why you want to avoid purchasing it from the Shelby Store. Seems the small shipping charge would be worth not having to drive from store to store trying to find a copy.

Even better would to become a Team Shelby member which would get you the Shelby Annual in your membership kit.

Steve

It will be great to have once I get it !!!!

Bookshops such as Barnes & Noble and Borders, as well as the Safeway grocery stores and all the military exchanges have had the magazine here in Hawaii since November. Since it takes weeks to get stuff here, it should be available everywhere by now. Great read!

B)

Got mine today at Books a Million in Vero Beach Florida. Still had a 1/2 doz. on the shelf.

our WalMart has 4 of them. Anyone want us to grab one for you it would be the cost of the magazine and about 2.00 for shipping it. pm or post if you would like one. I am going today. let me know.

Some Shopko's carry them too.

• 8 months later...

Any word on whether there is going to be a 2011 Shelby Magazine published?

They usually come out as a November issue, but I have been haunting the local car magazine stores and haven't seen anything as yet.

Any word on whether there is going to be a 2011 Shelby Magazine published?

They usually come out as a November issue, but I have been haunting the local car magazine stores and haven't seen anything as yet.

Yes there will but its a little early to be haunting your newstand for one ;)

Steve

Yes there will but its a little early to be haunting your newstand for one ;)

Steve

Steve,

When do they typically come out?

I need to renew my TS membership and last year I got the same magazine I had already purchased from a news stand and then shortly after, the TS member kit included that mag. I'm thinking about waiting for the NEW magazine to be included in the kit before I renew (which saves about 8 bucks on the kit).

But if I have to wait 6-mos....I'll get it now.

TIA,

Phill (I'll e-mail Tim too)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there This may be a stupid question. Do we have to contribute/ pay spinach to Team Shelby annually in order to be an 'official' member w/ discounts, etc? I joined last year and shelled out the ~$50 clams. Don't want to be having to do that every year. I really thought it was a lifetime thing.

Thanks in advance - Dana

Hi there This may be a stupid question. Do we have to contribute/ pay spinach to Team Shelby annually in order to be an 'official' member w/ discounts, etc? I joined last year and shelled out the ~$50 clams. Don't want to be having to do that every year. I really thought it was a lifetime thing.

Thanks in advance - Dana

it is an annual membership

I hope it's not old news but while Christmas shopping last week I spotted the new Shelby magazine and had to have it........

Anyone get it yet?

Laurence

Is this new new or will it come with membership renewal?

The Shelby Annual has previously hit the newsstands first around the end of October, beginning of November and I suspect this year will be no different. Sharon will have the answer to when the TS membership kits switch over to the latest Shelby annual.

Steve

I"ve been in contact with Tim Hill regarding this because this year I'm going to wait to renew my membership until the mag is out since it is part of the TS Club membership package.

He told me mid to late November, if I remember correctly (I believe it was MID Nov.). I can check my PM's to be sure but I do know he said sometime in Nov.

For those that need to know, the LAST Shelby Mag. published has a White w/Blue stripes GT350 on the cover.

For the lady that asked if it was a annual thing, yes it is but you get a complete new membership kit each time you renew and the contents of the kit alone would cost you more than the price of a membership package. Plus like someone else (Steve?) said, you get discounts greater than the General Public get so it more than pays for itself if you use the discounts. I probably saved....ehhh, $500-$1000 last year on discounts alone and the membership cost me $49.00. If you are planning on spending a LOT of money with SA, it's well worth the price of membership. If you don't plan to spend ANY money with SA, the kit itself gives you at least $49 worth of stuff (and each year it's different and dated for the year).

HTH,

Phill (awaiting Tim's "GO" before renewing)

Wow, it really is an annual thing? Hey, when I joined last year I received a small die cast White 2007 Shelby GT w/ Silver Stripes. My real car is a 2008 Shelby GT in Vista Blue w/ Silver Stripes which I would rather have. Anybody want to trade me? Mine is still new unopened in its original package.

Oh also, someone mentioned that they thought I was a 'lady'. I am no lady, I am a guy - but too funny. Anyhow, let me know if anybody wants to trade me a die cast VB '08 SGT for my white one! Thanks, Dana

Oh also, someone mentioned that they thought I was a 'lady'. I am no lady, I am a guy -

OUCH! <cringe> That was me.

And I should know better, I had a good (male) friend named Dana when I was growing up.

I guess I just got used to 'Dana' being a female since my hair cutter is a female named Dana.

Sorry 'bout that, Chief.

That just proves what happens when you (I) ASS-U-ME something. In this case, it was ME, not U that made a ASS of himself.

My apologies,

Phill (Phillip, not Phyllis!) Pollard <lol>

Sorry 'bout that, Chief.

That just proves what happens when you (I) ASS-U-ME something. In this case, it was ME, not U that made a ASS of himself.

No worries Phill you DID NOT make an ASS out of yourself! It happens all of the time! Dana

Dana;

My wife wanted to know who this girl was that owned the blue mustang. I had a hard time explaining that you were male. We kind of funny the way she acted. I've known people (male and female) with Dana as a name. I can see how it would happen. Have a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived