TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Tower Brace to fit a Whipple

sgt1020

It is rumored that the V6 strut brace (Terlinqua?) will fit...I think I've even seen pictures...

I forget where on the forum, but I believe I have seen pictures of braces on cars with whipples. Wonder which brace it is.... :headscratch:

• 1 month later...

unless you lower the motor, one will not fit.

Your are absolutely 100% correct ; if you do not lower the motor with special motor mounts you will not be sporting a strut tower brace on your GT/SC.

Scotty

I have heard that the V6 strut tower brace will fit the whipple, but I cannot verify it.

edit...I already said that on this thread! :hysterical:

• 1 month later...

I have heard that the V6 strut tower brace will fit the whipple, but I cannot verify it.

edit...I already said that on this thread! :hysterical:

It does fit but you must lower the motor mounts.

Scotty

Where do you get the mounts to lower it?

Thanks-

Hey Swede,

i believe you can get them or order them from Tasca and you can ask Gil at SAI performance shop if that's where your car is at.

Scotty

Hey Swede,

i believe you can get them or order them from Tasca and you can ask Gil at SAI performance shop if that's where your car is at.

Scotty

Thanks Scotty. Car is still at Shelby, I'll ask him tomorrow for the info.

PS: New Whipple stock FRPP tune yesterday.........506 RWHP per Gil. A little scary wouldn't you think? I wonder if I shouldn't have him tune it down, but he said this was a stock tune from Whipple/Ford.

Dave

I just heard from a TS memeber that the engine lowering mounts are a PITA to deal with. Lots of rattles etc.... infact after they were installed professionally he had them removed and never looked back. Just an FYI here.

I'm running them, no rattles here

I hate to leave my brace off but with contradicting reports....I am going to pass right now. I guess the V-6 brace works but only with a KB blower.

Correct, the v6 brace only with the KB.

Hi,

I have the Whipple SC'er on my 07SGT and can attest for a fact there is NO room for the Strut Brace!!!!

They cut a hole in my SGT H hood to accomodate the top of the SC'er.

As for RWHP, mine is pushing 476 HP at the rear wheels as Dyno'ed at Taska who also installed and

did the tune for the SC'er, if you feel you need over 500 Ponies at the rear end, all the power to you, as

Dennis pointed out, if you feel it's over done we'll back it down.

Good Luck

Moe in NH

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no such thing as to much power if you have the traction to use it. :yup:

And the driveline to withstand all that power connecting to the ground HARD.

Wheelspin is God's way of saving you the expense of a stronger clutch, tranny, rearend, etc... hysterical.gif

Seriously, though, with stock non-forged internals and driveline, something's gotta give... I'd rather it be the tires! If you were to hook up flawlessly, the next sound you'd hear would be metal wrenching.

Traction is the immovable object, a badass engine is the irresistable force. Sir Isaac Newton didn't know it, but he had some Shelby in his genes...

Just my ridiculous 2 cents. Laugh at me all ya want, my wife does. glare.gif

Jer

• 3 months later...

Archived