TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Financing SS

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question! I searched and couldn't find my answer, so I'll ask it here. I have a 11' GT500 and am interested in the SS package. Since I already purchased my car and financed it through FMC, am I stuck paying cash for the SS package or can it be financed? Thanks for any help with this!

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question! I searched and couldn't find my answer, so I'll ask it here. I have a 11' GT500 and am interested in the SS package. Since I already purchased my car and financed it through FMC, am I stuck paying cash for the SS package or can it be financed? Thanks for any help with this!

It's not a stupid question per sey, but two liens = no deal. I the event you default who would own the car?

Cash is king in all respects. Just my 2 cents.

if you really want to ss it and can afford TWO payments, you can always use your credit line on your credit card. wait for the convenience checks offers, sometime they have low interest and its good until the balance is paid off. i don't really recommend this financial move to most, almost in the "i am buying beyond means category" BUT if u don't have any other monthly obligations, and this TWO payments won't make you eat instant noodles for the next 5 years, it is do able.

other than that i don't see any financial institutions loaning you money as a lien is already there on the car and its not like they can repo just the ss items.

Thanks for all the reply's. My wife happened to look over my shoulder as I was typing on this thread, safe to say I love my GT 500 and a SS is NOW out of the question! :talkhand: Oh well, I'll just keep looking at pics of everyone else's SS!

Keep the dream and it will happen...........it may just take a long time.

Thanks for all the reply's. My wife happened to look over my shoulder as I was typing on this thread, safe to say I love my GT 500 and a SS is NOW out of the question! :talkhand: Oh well, I'll just keep looking at pics of everyone else's SS!

:barf:

When there's a WILL there's a WAY.

As mentioned, low or 0% CC offers, LOC or Home Equity.

However, there are rules to the game:

1. Everything is on a need to know basis. If she dosn't need to know ___________ .

2. Do you have a teenage son? (They can be useful in convincing mom that you NEED that mod).

3. When you're "in season" for needing a mod: LOCK THE DOOR!

Signed: Troublemaker :bag:

BTW, This post is invisible to women.

Dump the wife and get the SS. Life is too short to be told what you can and cannot do.

Dump the wife and get the SS. Life is too short to be told what you can and cannot do.

I didn't just wan't to come out and say it, lol.

Unfortunately, the phrase, "It's cheaper to keep her" still applies today but fortunately so does "stealth modding" (I just made that up).

Shelby requires Cash On Delivery. I think it's a $1,000 deposit and the remainder is paid upon completion, prior to delivery.

They don't care if your car is paid for or not as they get their money up front. That way, if you default on your loan and the bank repo's it, they don't lose anything.

There was a recent e-bay auction for a Super Snake that the owner defaulted on the car loan and the bank sold the car for what he owed, not for what it was worth. People here thought it might be a scam because the price was so low and the bank officer actually chimed in and explained the situation on Team Shelby.

The bank isn't in the car selling business and by law, if they sell it for more than owed they have to give the overage to the car/loan buyer.

Which is why they only have to get what is owed and not any more...

Shelby is protected by taking cash.

The bank is protected by A; getting a down payment and B; having a car worth more than is owed on it.

It's smart business on both parties behalf,

Phill Pollard

When I was at the Las Vegas facility last year I asked about it and was told I had to have a clear title and a $1000 deposit with the balance due on delivery.

I assumed a clear title meant the car is paid for and I have the title in my name with no lien holder.

I asked that question and was told the car had to be paid off and in my name.

headscratch.gif

Yup keep the dream, just focus on paying off the car and save money for the SS. Just stay away from buying mods here and there, it will just keep pulling you away from that dream. Plus you already have a great car as is. I'm keeping my car stock until the waranty is up which during that time, saving up money and paying off the car as early as possible (hopefully when the time comes, Shelby is still in business). And I love my wife.

Do the mods yourself, and get your own stripe colors, wheel package etc and you still can go out and enjoy the car, not be scared to leave it anywhere etc (yeah right). You already have a Shelby GT500. Get the signed dash plaque and be at piece! With that xtra cash you save on the mods, you can almost by the wife a Shelby GT or GT-H (a payment she just won't mind making! :)

My guess is that once a Super Snake conversion is completed, and an appraisal is done on that specific car, a loan of XXX could then be applied for and the Super Snake appraised value would be the collateral. Before the conversion, the lending institution will want something else as collateral for the cost of the conversion. Sometimes it requires working the numbers and floating short term loans to get where you want to be, but that can also come back and bite you, and possibly cause some sleepless nights. Most times it is better to wait until there is a more clear $$$ direction. <<<That is the safest way to do something of this nature. If your wife is not on-board, get her on your side before this kind of $$$ are spent. Tell her it is an investment, when she asks "what kind of investment?" tell her it is an investment in pleasure, "Man pleasure!!" My house is currently worth much less than it was 3 years ago, so it is not like real estate is doing any better, and yes, there is pleasure in owning a home, but "that" kind of pleasure, "Man pleasure" is not like weeding, mowing or painting. She might even like to sprint fast also?

R

whenever this happens to me i always play the "saftey" card:

"but dear, the supersnake has a more advanced suspension... you can't expect me to drive a car with that many HP on a stock suspension?! are you trying to kill me?!"

or

"the SS has more power... i will need that power in order to merge into highway traffic more safely..."

or

"the distinctive markings and appearance moifications of the supersnake make it much easier to pick out on a crowded road. This will help others avoid me."

or

"the Supersnake is doctor recommended! (just don't tell her i am the doctor!)"

it rarely works for me but there's no harm in trying. if this doesn't work i'm out of suggestions.

just tryin' to help a brother out.......

Ron

whenever this happens to me i always play the "saftey" card:

"but dear, the supersnake has a more advanced suspension... you can't expect me to drive a car with that many HP on a stock suspension?! are you trying to kill me?!"

or

"the SS has more power... i will need that power in order to merge into highway traffic more safely..."

or

"the distinctive markings and appearance moifications of the supersnake make it much easier to pick out on a crowded road. This will help others avoid me."

or

"the Supersnake is doctor recommended! (just don't tell her i am the doctor!)"

it rarely works for me but there's no harm in trying. if this doesn't work i'm out of suggestions.

just tryin' to help a brother out.......

Ron

:hysterical2:

Good stuff Ron.

Ron

Hey Ron,

Are you still across the water?

I'm hearing the 101st it taking it, hard.

You okay over there?

Be safe,

Phill Pollard - CoS, CO

Hey Ron,

Are you still across the water?

I'm hearing the 101st it taking it, hard.

You okay over there?

Be safe,

Phill Pollard - CoS, CO

Yep still here thru april. The 101st Airborne GIVES more than it takes but they are in the dangerous region (which is why i'm here).

Taliban hide in the mountains on the pakistani border. Every so often the 101st (and SF) go in and extract a few!

Happy New Year, Phil and everyone!

Archived