TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT or Boss 302?

sgt1020

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both would be my preference, however, I'm in the minority from the sense that if I could sell the SGT for high 20's, I'd be all over a Competition Orange Boss!

Having had the pleasure of see a few Boss's in person at Woodward as well as take rides in a couple of 302 mule cars, the PICS don't do this car any justice!

Ok, I guess I'll have to do a search in order to refresh my memory.

On 2nd note, I won't even bother. You can keep the GT500 spoiler. I'm ok with the spoiler on my KR.

Hey, it's all good.............

And I will stay with my undisputed SVT designed and installed Stock Shelby GT500 Spoiler that

is also Great enough to leave installed with the "KIKA$$" Supersnake Upfits at SAI........................... :happy feet:

I drove a used 2011 Mustang GT with borla exhaust and it was really fast and had that 5.0 sound . That thing just kept on pulling in every gear. Can't emagine what the Boss will be like . I would take that car except it has no image like the SGT. Hell there's a Mustang GT on every corner.

I thought seriously about a BOSS 302 but decided against it. It is a very nice car but the color combination engineer should be fired! I just saw the Black and Orange/Red BOSS at the Portland auto show, it was ugly. Very ugly. That being said I am "still" seriously thinking about sc'ing my SGT. I think the Whipple 550 is the best way to go. I have never driven one but if Chip Beck says it blows the doors off anything he comes accross, I believe him.

EDITED:

I thought seriously about a BOSS 302 but decided against it. It is a very nice car but the color combination engineer should be fired! I just saw the Black and Orange/Red BOSS at the Portland auto show, it was ugly. Very ugly. That being said I am "still" seriously thinking about sc'ing my SGT. I think the Whipple 550 is the best way to go. I have never driven one but if Chip Beck says it blows the doors off anything he comes accross, I believe him.

EDITED:

My same thoughts,I would never pay that kind of money for a car that looks that bad.Maybe Ford will change it for 2013.I sure hope so I would sure like to have one but won't pull the trigger on something that look's that bad,well maybe to put it out of it's misery.That's also what I am thinking about doing is SC'ing my SGT at SAI,It sure beat's having a car payment.

I thought seriously about a BOSS 302 but decided against it. It is a very nice car but the color combination engineer should be fired!

EDITED:

Maybe thats the same engineer that designed the current Mustang

with the "toyota celica" rear end......................................................................... :hysterical:

Maybe thats the same engineer that designed the current Mustang

with the "toyota celica" rear end......................................................................... :hysterical:

We get it it's ugly! lol :beatdeadhorse:

SGT for me, no questions asked. IMO, the SGT is the sexiest mustang I have ever seen. No matter what I do, I cannot get myself to like the two tone paint job on the Boss.

Chris

+1

I just can't get past the looks of the new mustang. The back end is just terrible! I like the engine and transmission though.

I love threads like this - somehow all the same debates are dragged back out of the closet for another public flogging! I guess that's why I try not to compare one of our cars against anything else anymore. The opinions end up pretty biased and personal. The new Boss is badass because it says Boss on the side the same way that the SGT is badass because it says Shelby on the back. End of story for me.

The new body style will never grow on a lot of guys, that's obvious, but I've certainly grown to appreciate it more and more. At the end of the day, would I trade my SGT for one? Not a chance in hell. But I wouldn't trade my SGT for anything (within reason obviously).

But I still love the new Boss and the new Shelbys regardless, well except for those horrible wanna be Shelbys that aren't even built by Shelby (you know who you are)! JUST KIDDING :lol:

I would already have my name in the hat for a new Boss honestly, except that I really want to hold my dough for another couple years to see what comes down the road next from Ford/Shelby. If they build the Shelby GTS prototype (which I saw at the Bash and absolutely love), I'll spend my money there. If not, I'll wait for the next big thing or maybe I'll pick up a Boss at MSRP later and modify the bejesus out of it. Either way, it doesn't have to be a choice. They're both worthy of our checkbooks IMO.

"I would already have my name in the hat for a new Boss honestly, except that I really want to hold my dough for another couple years to see what comes down the road next from Ford/Shelby. If they build the Shelby GTS prototype (which I saw at the Bash and absolutely love), I'll spend my money there"

Now that would be different, a pre-title Shelby GTS from Ford, that I would really consider and just might buy! :) Also the new BOSS in 2013 could be very interesting and not such a novelty of having the first BOSS since 1969. With that said, different color combinations and options will arise and might make this car more appealing to people like us.

Archived