TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT or Boss 302?

sgt1020

Just wanted to see what some of you guys would choose. I love my SGT and refuse to trade it for anything. But would some of you guys prefer the new 2011 Boss 302 over your SGT? The new Boss is a limited production car just like ours. Except ours were a pre titled program.

I'm installing a non intercooled FR whipple supercharger in the spring. With a 3.75" pulley and 93 octane should give me around 400rwhp. I'll be a tad quicker than the new 5.0. Although I have to admit, that 412 N/A hp from the new 5.0 is impressive.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to have my SGT with a 2011 Boss engine and engine management electronics in it.

Just wanted to see what some of you guys would choose. I love my SGT and refuse to trade it for anything. But would some of you guys prefer the new 2011 Boss 302 over your SGT? The new Boss is a limited production car just like ours. Except ours were a pre titled program.

I'm installing a non intercooled FR whipple supercharger in the spring. With a 3.75" pulley and 93 octane should give me around 400rwhp. I'll be a tad quicker than the new 5.0. Although I have to admit, that 412 N/A hp from the new 5.0 is impressive.

The new car is impressive... but I'll keep my Shelby.

Jer

I wouldn't trade my Shelby GT for a Boss 302.

However,

If I didn't own either, and someone put both of them in front of me and said "Take you pick, one or the other, free of charge" I would take the Boss 302.

I agree with ilmor, I would not trade my Shelby GT/SC for a Boss, would not trade it for a GT500 either, but the SVT has tempted me. If I were starting all over again today and the Boss and Shelby GT were in front of me I would pick the Boss based on the 5.0 and the updated interior. Now if they made an updated Shelby GT with the New Mustang then I would have to see both.

I would have a very difficult time picking a New Mustang based on all the options these days, the Boss 302 would be one of my top choices.

Looks definitely go to the SGT...........

Performance goes to the Boss.........

Of course you cannot do anything with

the Fugly Rear End on the Boss so just

modify the SGT to outperform and there

you go......................... :hysterical:

Like everyone I like the engine but I wouldn't be caught dead driving that car! I'm completely serious! I got two complements today on my SGT. One a guy at a Walmart store parking lot that got into a Lexus and the other by a woman later in the day at the gas station. The Boss I suspect will get giggles and finger pointing. Sorry but to me the Emperor has no clothes...it's one BUTT UGLY car and I'll say again I HAVE ZERO interest in it.

ZERO!

Like everyone I like the engine but I wouldn't be caught dead driving that car! I'm completely serious! I got two complements today on my SGT. One a guy at a Walmart store parking lot that got into a Lexus and the other by a woman later in the day at the gas station. The Boss I suspect will get giggles and finger pointing. Sorry but to me the Emperor has no clothes...it's one BUTT UGLY car and I'll say again I HAVE ZERO interest in it.

ZERO!

Yup.

And even though I've heard so many accolades about the interior, I really like mine better. Those two horizontal vents in the middle of the new dash just bug me, for some reason. And the only car that looks OK from the rear is the GT350, its rear fascia softens up that new taillight area and makes it acceptable to me.

No concrete reasons, just aesthetics.

Oh, and, of course... "pre-title". I like that, too.

Jer

I get compliments on my SGT all the time. Infact, my SGT gets more compliments than my dads KR. I love the SGT, ESPECIALLY in white. No offense black/blue/grabber SGT guys but they don't call us "performance white" for nothin'! :shades:

What about a Supercharged SGT as apposed to the Boss 302? I'd take the SGT/SC for sure.

Your car is gorgeous. The Boss is not. Supercharge it to make it faster and then laugh when someone in a boss is looking at your sexy ass instead of the ugly butt on the Boss. Can't stand the Boss paint schemes either.

I get compliments on my SGT all the time. Infact, my SGT gets more compliments than my dads KR. I love the SGT, ESPECIALLY in white. No offense black/blue/grabber SGT guys but they don't call us "lack of performance white" for nothin'! :shades:

FIXT! LOL

I'd buy the regular Mustang GT before the 302 and I'm going to hang on to my SGT for as long as I can.

I still get compliments on my SGT, heck one guy even followed me into a parking lot

just so he could get a better look at her.

Yup.

And even though I've heard so many accolades about the interior, I really like mine better. Those two horizontal vents in the middle of the new dash just bug me, for some reason. And the only car that looks OK from the rear is the GT350, its rear fascia softens up that new taillight area and makes it acceptable to me.

No concrete reasons, just aesthetics.

Oh, and, of course... "pre-title". I like that, too.

Jer

Help me here, how is pre-title rellevant to this discussion?

Help me here, how is pre-title rellevant to this discussion?

SGT1020 started this thread, and he mentioned it in the first post.

Most SGT owners consider having a "pre-title" Shelby to be a special thing.

Jer

I've been going over this for since they posted about the Boss 302. The LS is limited, but Ford will build as many of the base 302's as they can sell. I like the looks of the SGT convertible and there aren't that many out there. I had this decision as well when I was deciding which to sell, the 40th Anniversary GT500 or the SGT convertible. I've about concluded SGT/SC with gears is the way to go, and possibly Griggs setup.

Jon

SGT1020 started this thread, and he mentioned it in the first post.

Most SGT owners consider having a "pre-title" Shelby to be a special thing.

Jer

Most GT500 owners consider their Cars being Born and Branded a Shelby

in Flat Rock Michigan a Special Thing...................... :happy feet:

Most GT500 owners consider their Cars being Born and Branded a Shelby

in Flat Rock Michigan a Special Thing...................... :happy feet:

Not trying to go into THAT discussion here - just explaining the "relevence" of my post to someone who asked.

Jer

I was around when the Shelby and Boss came out. The Boss back then was just seen as a muscle car - no one stared at it except gear heads - I saw them cruising on friday nights all the time. On the other hand, I never saw a Shelby as a kid. It was folklore to me. When I did see my first Shelby (especially the '68) I was in a trance. It had a cool look, a cool heritage name and you knew something unique was under the hood.

So Shelby means something different to me than Boss. Boss is a muscle car. Shelby is, well, a Shelby - something rare and unique. I would keep my Shelby even if someone offered me the Boss for free....no kidding.

HP isnt everything - some BMW's crank out 600 HP. Its about the car. For me Shelby wins.

Casey

I was around when the Shelby and Boss came out. The Boss back then was just seen as a muscle car - no one stared at it except gear heads - I saw them cruising on friday nights all the time. On the other hand, I never saw a Shelby as a kid. It was folklore to me. When I did see my first Shelby (especially the '68) I was in a trance. It had a cool look, a cool heritage name and you knew something unique was under the hood.

So Shelby means something different to me than Boss. Boss is a muscle car. Shelby is, well, a Shelby - something rare and unique. I would keep my Shelby even if someone offered me the Boss for free....no kidding.

HP isnt everything - some BMW's crank out 600 HP. Its about the car. For me Shelby wins.

Casey

I like the way you think.

Archived