TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrading to the TVS

shelbypt

Hey Guys, I have a question for the tuners on this forum!

I will be upgrading to a TVS shortly. I will get the Procal2 tuner that was used on another GT500 once. Will this install into my GT500? Or will I need to contact Ford and get the same tune with my VIN #?

I BELIEVE YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR A NEW PROCAL TUNE FOR YOR TUNER OR YOU COULD GO FOR A NEW WITH MORE H.P OPTIONS. THE SCT TUNER WITH CONTROLER FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE ,BUT IF YOU GET YOUR PROGRAM FROM ONE OF THE FORUM VENDERS; LIKE VMP OR JON LUNN YOU WOULD NOT ONLY GET THE BEST TUNE , BUT A PROGRAMMER THAT WILL HELP FACILITATE MANY OTHER OPERATIONS OR FUNCTION THAT YOU CAN USE ON YOUR CAR ,LIKE TIRE SIZE , RING N PINION SIZE , REV-LIMITER , SPEEDO-GOVENOR AND SHIFT POINT WARNING LIGHTS.

B.O.L

SCOTTY

I BELIEVE YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR A NEW PROCAL TUNE FOR YOR TUNER OR YOU COULD GO FOR A NEW WITH MORE H.P OPTIONS. THE SCT TUNER WITH CONTROLER FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE ,BUT IF YOU GET YOUR PROGRAM FROM ONE OF THE FORUM VENDERS; LIKE VMP OR JON LUNN YOU WOULD NOT ONLY GET THE BEST TUNE , BUT A PROGRAMMER THAT WILL HELP FACILITATE MANY OTHER OPERATIONS OR FUNCTION THAT YOU CAN USE ON YOUR CAR ,LIKE TIRE SIZE , RING N PINION SIZE , REV-LIMITER , SPEEDO-GOVENOR AND SHIFT POINT WARNING LIGHTS.

B.O.L

SCOTTY

The TVS is also coming with a SCT3 tuner with a three tunes. One of the tunes is for a TVS with 2.65 pulley, port matched elbow, and FRPP TB. I was not aware that with the SCT you could change the speedo governor though. I've never seen that before in the menus. Where is that done?

Archived