TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Shelby - " free stuff "

1 Alibi 2

Ordered my 2011 on 17 May, it was delivered on 3 July....................in the glove box was a " wheel lock kit ".....( $ 45.00 ) ................I didn't order & doesn't appear on my window sticker. This item is listed on the Ford web site under accessories, & clicking it does add $$$$ to the cost column.

So how many others got this item for free, or am I just lucky ??

Ordered my 2011 on 17 May, it was delivered on 3 July....................in the glove box was a " wheel lock kit ".....( $ 45.00 ) ................I didn't order & doesn't appear on my window sticker. This item is listed on the Ford web site under accessories, & clicking it does add $$$$ to the cost column.

So how many others got this item for free, or am I just lucky ??

I got 'em also!

HAWKBARR

I believe it may have to be with the HID headlights being installed on the car. Because when I went on the ford site and speced out a 2011 Mustang GT (not GT500) and I put HID lights on the car in the configurator, it told me I had to add the security package which included the active anti-theft system and the wheel lock kit. So I assume that because the HIDs are now standard on the 2011s, they give you the wheel lock kit for free.

That's what I think. Just my $0.02

They come with all the GT500's.....or at least are suppose to...

They also come with Escapes... These have been in every Ford I've bought in the last several years...

Ford just tosses the lock package in the car. Some dealers install them, some dealers just leave them in the package and some dealers give the opportunity for people to walk off with them. The last reason is why many dealers remove & lock up items like the owners manual, the cig lighter, the removable cup holder, nav discs, remotes, etc. if not the dealership will end up replacing these items.

Steve

Ford just tosses the lock package in the car. Some dealers install them, some dealers just leave them in the package and some dealers give the opportunity for people to walk off with them. The last reason is why many dealers remove & lock up items like the owners manual, the cig lighter, the removable cup holder, nav discs, remotes, etc. if not the dealership will end up replacing these items.

Steve

My 07` came with the locks on & the 4 spare lug nuts were in a bag with the key. I believe that they are put on at the factory. which makes sense as the cars sit in lot before shipping .

Both my '07s and the '11 came with the locks. It is standard on the GT500s. The set for my '11 were inside the vert boot cover package and it took me awhile to find them.

I didn't know there was a air compressor in the spare tire bay for 2 months though :headscratch: . How long they been doing that??

My 07` came with the locks on & the 4 spare lug nuts were in a bag with the key. I believe that they are put on at the factory. which makes sense as the cars sit in lot before shipping .

The factory assembly line equipment is not set up for installing these locks. I'm not sure if Ford specifies that the dealer install them under the dealer prep agreement but if they were installed its the dealer that installed them.

These locks may slow down a thief but they are no way a stop to having your wheels stolen. Very easily defeatable with common hand tools and master key sets are out there by the thousands.

Steve

Mine came with them and installed. The bag has a set of the orig. nuts and the key.

-Wingrider

+1... my old 2010 and new 2011 both came with the wheel locks installed and the bagged key & spare nuts were in the center console.

Archived