TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT0517 is down...

07SGT0517

Posting here to vent more than anything... I have done oval racing, autocross, and spent some time on the track at summit point. No matter how much experience... it means nothing once you hit a long stretch of black ice.

I hit a patch merging onto a highway the whole ass end of the car whip right around into a light pole, the pole fell knocked the mirror off and hit the right front fender.

post-25716-0-87438400-1293234303_thumb.jpg

post-25716-0-73714900-1293234319_thumb.jpg

post-25716-0-31280900-1293234354_thumb.jpg

Hope you all drive safe this holiday. I still plan on getting her to the track this spring.

-07SGT0517

I feel your pain, I too got into two fender benders yesterday both my fault in two cars, first one was with my SGT and second one with my wife's car. With my SGT I backed up into a pole since I always back up I thought the parking block would stop me before hitting the parking sign, only a small bump on the lower part of the license plate,nothing major but still my baby got hurt. As for my wife's car, I backed up into a Infinity SUV and her bumper got pretty messed up. Oh, well, no one was injured, the owner of the Infinity was cool about it, he goes to my gym and while we waited there for the cops we actually got to know each other pretty well. I'm not driving now unless I really need to, LOL!!! Merry Christmas to all.

d88f5534.jpg

3e72c562.jpg

Wife's car.

0b84cc3e.jpg

Posting here to vent more than anything... I have done oval racing, autocross, and spent some time on the track at summit point. No matter how much experience... it means nothing once you hit a long stretch of black ice.

I hit a patch merging onto a highway the whole ass end of the car whip right around into a light pole, the pole fell knocked the mirror off and hit the right front fender.

Hope you all drive safe this holiday. I still plan on getting her to the track this spring.

-07SGT0517

Good thing it was at low speed, glad to hear your all right, don't worry it can be fixed. Find a reputable shop and given enough time it'll be perfect again. Good luck!

Dude!!!!!!!

Say it ain't so. I feel just as I did when I saw Tony's 350 get ass-ended! One small diff, is that his was caused senselessly, by a doomoss!

Black Ice can only be blamed on MaNature. Don't you have an alternate car for weather??? I know I would never drive mine in anything inclement.

Yes....you are ok, and cars get fixed, but still the pain of knowing in your mind that something happened to it is hard to bear. It is truly a safer outcome than it could have been...you could have been rubberside up in a ditch, and not visible to passers by??? That happened in my town a few years ago, and it was later determined that should the poor young kid have been seen right away, he would have lived through the incident!

There's no better time than Christmas, to count one's blessings! :salute:

Wishing you a safe--er New Year!

BIKEBOY

Misery loves company. I spun off the road a few weeks ago. Dark, 90 degree corner, rain had left loose gravel and sand on the road, maybe a bit too fast. Scratched up two rims and scrapes and small dings halfway around. It has been in the garage while I find some time and courage to go get it fixed.

Hang in there, however I hate to be the person who brings you bad news - the worst is yet to come.

I had a small fender bender (required new right front fender and passenger door) due to a "stupid driver" exiting a parking space. The SGT was in the body shop for 2 months during which time I couldn't drive the SGT (mine is a daily driver). My wife was ready to temporaily move to her parents house because she said something about me being impossible to live with without my SGT.

Good luck and don't be suprised if you find yourself visting the body shop several times a week.

Damn! Sorry to hear about the accident and damage. Black ice is a killer, I hit a patch at night on the Interstate, spun out, hit a curb, got airborn and took out the welcome to New Jersey sign backwards doing 40 mph! Thank God it was in my company car about 4 years ago ...though my boss was not amused..............glad to hear everyone walked away......

hang in there and post pics when she is all mended~! :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

-07SGT0517

Sorry but anything can be fixed just ask my therapist I put this out there before for people like us in the snow state. Continetal DWS tires get awesome reviews for all season weather and snow also.. I want to get a set but have to wait till the cash flow is back up. But all the reviews from different sites people with sports car have no fear in the snow and ice. The only thing the sidewall is soft for track tires but thats with a normal size tire you can get them in 315/25/20 for 240.00

Be safe

Ya the DWS is what I am putting on my new wheels when I get the car back. Should be in the next couple of days, talked to them on Friday and the car was going into paint. And they where waiting for the correct muffler to show up.

Got the car back, it looks and drives just like it did. I am going to put it up on jack stands this weekend and tear the everything off in the rear to inspect.

Congrats!

Hope you're happy with the work, best of luck with the car in the future.

Jer

Archived