TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Plaque Package

sicilianjg

Just to let everyone know I just talk to Bud @ Shelby Automobiles and he told me they ARE NOT PUTTING the vin # on the plaque WOW what a let down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored:

Boo - that means it's just a hunk of tin with a signature printed on it - maybe a real one but I'd rather have something i want signed if there is no VIN - I'm going to go back and look at the ones in the Shelby GT at the dealer and see if they have the VIN - I understand why they would do this but I won't pay for it this way....I'll buy the cobra logo'd center console and have it signed instead.

I understand why they are not doing it also.I called myself.The gentlman I spoke with was very nice and professional. I guess it will take too much time to send them back to have the vins done.He also said the plaque company is overloaded with the vins on the other 6000 shelby gt cars,Thats another reason.

After hearing that, I will never spend a dime on shelby parts. I dont expect everybody to agree with me and i really dont want to get harrases about my opinion but Sorry just my personal feelings. Ive said all along, This was the ONE thing i think everybody could agree, It would have made their car seem more special. This just proves to me one again that IN MY PERSONAL OPINION this car should not even have a shelby badge on it.It should be strickly an SVT cobra without the 20k ADM. I think if this car was badged as an svt cobra.The adms MIGHT have been 5k over for 6 months........... WE ALL PAID for the exclusitivity, But the car is less exclusive than a 319hp shelby GT.................

I know its just a plauque package and some might think im overeacting but to me this is icing on the cake.

Let me say this again.I should have known better anyway. I will NEVER pay over MSRP again for a car that "I THINK" is so special. Ill wait untill they come down.

Im not blaming shelby or ford individually but rather both. Thres just something NOT RIGHT somewhere in this build................. I guess my feelings are since we paid $60k for our cars, they should have been shipped to shelby for mods and plaques like the $35k ones.....................

Just to let everyone know I just talk to Bud @ Shelby Automobiles and he told me they ARE NOT PUTTING the vin # on the plaque WOW what a let down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored:

Well that item doesn't look as appealing now...

One option would be to get it engraved yourself. It's not the same, but if they allow room for the VIN#, then I might go that route. Is the signature real or is it an image printed on the plaque? If it's not real then count me out completely.

Well that item doesn't look as appealing now...

One option would be to get it engraved yourself. It's not the same, but if they allow room for the VIN#, then I might go that route. Is the signature real or is it an image printed on the plaque? If it's not real then count me out completely.

I think the sig is authentic and not just printed . If not ,then I tend to agree with you. This is a real disapointment .(No Vin )

I understand why they are not doing it also.I called myself.The gentlman I spoke with was very nice and professional. I guess it will take too much time to send them back to have the vins done.He also said the plaque company is overloaded with the vins on the other 6000 shelby gt cars,Thats another reason.

After hearing that, I will never spend a dime on shelby parts. I dont expect everybody to agree with me and i really dont want to get harrases about my opinion but Sorry just my personal feelings. Ive said all along, This was the ONE thing i think everybody could agree, It would have made their car seem more special. This just proves to me one again that IN MY PERSONAL OPINION this car should not even have a shelby badge on it.It should be strickly an SVT cobra without the 20k ADM. I think if this car was badged as an svt cobra.The adms MIGHT have been 5k over for 6 months........... WE ALL PAID for the exclusitivity, But the car is less exclusive than a 319hp shelby GT.................

I know its just a plauque package and some might think im overeacting but to me this is icing on the cake.

Let me say this again.I should have known better anyway. I will NEVER pay over MSRP again for a car that "I THINK" is so special. Ill wait untill they come down.

Im not blaming shelby or ford individually but rather both. Thres just something NOT RIGHT somewhere in this build................. I guess my feelings are since we paid $60k for our cars, they should have been shipped to shelby for mods and plaques like the $35k ones.....................

Well said. I seriously doubt Shelby will sign those plaques.

..from something that was mentioned before by amy, I really think that they will be signed by cs. Look on the bright side, if they leave enough room, I can just go ahead and engrave my build sequence on the thing once that information becomes known. Means more to me than the vin anyway.

..from something that was mentioned before by amy, I really think that they will be signed by cs. Look on the bright side, if they leave enough room, I can just go ahead and engrave my build sequence on the thing once that information becomes known. Means more to me than the vin anyway.

John,

The plate will have a Ford Vin stamped in it only. No CSM#.

They will be hand signed by CS.

Amy has verified this today and talked to Bud to clear up the confusion that he had.

Archived