TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ferrari Dealer has GT350 for Sale

I wish I could give you a definitive answer. But first I'd have to get one from SAI. Initially I bought into all the excuses about supply line problems, but the real story behind the delays has yet to be revealed...not that it might not at some point.

Considering that we only see a picture every couple of months of a few completed cars, I'm doubtful that many are actually getting done. It's obvious that the 5-7 per week number is not occurring...or mine would be done!

Do you have a dedicated salesperson that you purchased the car from? If so what do they tell you ? I'm curious how this all works. Do you get e-mails or is the communication handled by phone or both ?

In no way was I passing judgement. Only trying to state what my interpretation of the facts were. I was po'd also about being lied too and stated so. There is no excuse for the delays and the lack of information and then the misinformation. At #34 or 50 you have every right to be angry! Keep up the full court pressure. I'm sorry this is happening to everyone that is so anxious to get the car. The true enthusiast and shelby loyalists deserve better. Best of luck to everyone waiting - as again I am waiting also.

I'm with you,Tony. Not sure which is worse, your situation, or those of us that haven't received our cars yet.

I was just trying to shed a little more light on a dark and dreary situation.

Absent the GT350 situation, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! happy%20feet.gif

John

Do you have a dedicated salesperson that you purchased the car from? If so what do they tell you ? I'm curious how this all works. Do you get e-mails or is the communication handled by phone or both ?

The only communication is if I initiate it. The last timing and action response that was provided was - bear with us, we can't give you a definitive date...maybe Jan or Feb.

During the whole process SAI has sent out 3 emails to the GT350 owners en masse. I received one personal email since early in the year when I put down the deposit and that was to let me know my car had arrived at SAI. But has anyone ever called, emailed, followed-up or provided updates without my calling first? NO. NEVER. You pays your money and you takes your chances!!!

The only communication is if I initiate it. The last timing and action response that was provided was - bear with us, we can't give you a definitive date...maybe Jan or Feb.

During the whole process SAI has sent out 3 emails to the GT350 owners en masse. I received one personal email since early in the year when I put down the deposit and that was to let me know my car had arrived at SAI. But has anyone ever called, emailed, followed-up or provided updates without my calling first? NO. NEVER. You pays your money and you takes your chances!!!

The sharing of information has been very much a one sided process - the customer has to call to get any updates. I try to call every towo weeks for an update. My car was also delivered to SAI on June 29th. I was informed that my car was suppose to go in next week with a possible late Jan/early Feb delivery but do not hold them to any firm date. If this was true I probably delayed it some more when I change the stripes to painted since I was told that this will be an 11' option only.

The sharing of information has been very much a one sided process - the customer has to call to get any updates. I try to call every towo weeks for an update. My car was also delivered to SAI on June 29th. I was informed that my car was suppose to go in next week with a possible late Jan/early Feb delivery but do not hold them to any firm date. If this was true I probably delayed it some more when I change the stripes to painted since I was told that this will be an 11' option only.

Interesting...since my stripes were ordered as painted since the original order and I was never told that. And, some of the delivered cars have painted stripes....?

That would be pretty much a no.

Interesting...since my stripes were ordered as painted since the original order and I was never told that. And, some of the delivered cars have painted stripes....?

I was just informed about the painted stripes this week that they would be only offered on the 2011 modely. Based on my conversations, the painted stripes are slowing things down. If they are going to offer additional colors in 12", I could see things being even slower.

Archived