TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Automotive Ramps

venom07

Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready to install the Borla's that I bought over the weekend and am looking to get some ramps so I can get under there to change them out. Has anyone bought some ramps yet for their car? If so, what kind did you get? I have seen some that are specifically for low profile cars but I am not sure is we actually really need that. The GT500 is low but not as low as some. The price range is all the way from $45 - $300+. I plan on using these ramps for future oil changes as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Venom07 (Kirk)

Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready to install the Borla's that I bought over the weekend and am looking to get some ramps so I can get under there to change them out. Has anyone bought some ramps yet for their car? If so, what kind did you get? I have seen some that are specifically for low profile cars but I am not sure is we actually really need that. The GT500 is low but not as low as some. The price range is all the way from $45 - $300+. I plan on using these ramps for future oil changes as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Venom07 (Kirk)

I used these plans, except 12" wide. Had the lumber store cut the pieces for me and I used wood screws instead of nails. I really love these ramps, they don't slide, work great for low clearance cars, super easy to use, and cheap. I park my car on them ever time I pull in the garage.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/mwramps/index.htm

post-5223-1172596955_thumb.jpg

post-5223-1172596977_thumb.jpg

post-5223-1172596997_thumb.jpg

post-5223-1172597018_thumb.jpg

I used these plans, except 12" wide. Had the lumber store cut the pieces for me and I used wood screws instead of nails. I really love these ramps, they don't slide, work great for low clearance cars, supper easy to use, and cheap. I park my car on them ever time I pull in the garage.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/mwramps/index.htm

Thanks for the response.

Do you mind telling me how much the wood cost? I am sure it wasn't too much but I am trying to compare.

Oops, never mind. I see in the other thread that it is around $30 in wood.

Kirk

Kirk -

I bought the Dambach 66" long ramps. !0" rise. Pricey, light, easy to store. They clear the air dam on my GT500 by about an inch or less. Used them last night to change the oil, and am very satisfied. Your choice.

Yeah, those were some of the ones I was looking at. There are some very similar ones on discountramps.com as well. They are about $20 cheaper but are built to order so they take 2-3 weeks to ship.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the response.

Do you mind telling me how much the wood cost? I am sure it wasn't too much but I am trying to compare.

Oops, never mind. I see in the other thread that it is around $30 in wood.

Kirk

You can also chamfer the first piece so the tire rolls on easier.

For any of you that are interested, I went ahead and bought the Rhino ramps at a local auto parts store. They work just fine. They were $45. The front just barely misses the ramp when you pull onto it but doesn't seem to touch. I do have the 20 inch razors on my car so that might affect the clearance but I don't think that really played into it too much.

Kirk

Archived