TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kicker sound system for 2008 Mustang

dingo2008

You cannot even compare the difference between the Shaker 1000, and the Kicker system. Night and day difference. The Kicker system makes the Shaker 1000 sound like a Shaker 500. The sound quality is superb, you can crank it up as loud as you want with no distortion. IMO it is well worth the money.

Chris

I've installed aftermarket stereos before just wasn't sure if they made u run a wire from the new sub to the new amp. The amp under the glove box is for the 6x8s and 8" speakers right? The sub has it's own amp on the back of the box right?

The sub and the amps behind the sub all come out and is replaced with the new sub, no amps. A new amp is install behind the glove box. A cable is connected to the back of the radio to the amp then another cable runs from the amp the the new sub in the trunk.

Just trying to make up my mind but the kicker system now with 15% off and hopefully save enough to buy new supercharger this spring, or wait until Shelby has 15% off everything again and buy it then. How often does the Shelby store have 15% off the entire store or how often is the kicker system on at least 15% off. I'd wait till summer or fall if I new it would be on sale again.

Oh and right on the shelbystore website it says 200 watt amp and harness are mounted to the new sub that other amp is the treble speaker amp. You can see in the picture of the back of the sub box at the top right of the pic ox the sub box a black amp with a wiring harness sticking out of it, that's from the picture at shelbystore.com

They have a 15% off sale 2-3 times a year for PAID TS MEMBERS.....10% for us cheap guys who won't pay to be on a website. They won't have anymore sales than that per year because they don't want to be known as a discount retailer(their words).

Yeah they said on the phone 3 to 4 times a year, I'd love to buy everything now but can't so I need to decide buy a vmp tvs or stereo first and wait a little bit for the other. Such hard decisions, any one in the MN are that has it maybe I could listen to it first hand before I buy it.

Ordered my kicker system yesterday, do you really have to cut the speaker wires for the 8" speakers any one have a pic of the factory 8" speaker wires I'd much rather not have to cut the speaker wires and strip them. I seen a pic of a factory 8" speaker and it had spade terminals, should I be able to wrap a wire and heat shrink it and run that to the new 8" or solder it onto the factory spade terminal?

Also any one that has this can you tell a big difference from this one 10" sub compaired to the two factory 10" subs? Is there twice as much bass and is it deeper and better sounding than the two factory ones?

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my kicker system yesterday, do you really have to cut the speaker wires for the 8" speakers any one have a pic of the factory 8" speaker wires I'd much rather not have to cut the speaker wires and strip them. I seen a pic of a factory 8" speaker and it had spade terminals, should I be able to wrap a wire and heat shrink it and run that to the new 8" or solder it onto the factory spade terminal?

Also any one that has this can you tell a big difference from this one 10" sub compared to the two factory 10" subs? Is there twice as much bass and is it deeper and better sounding than the two factory ones?

You will have to cut some wires. No big deal, just follow the instructions. The kicker sub is way better than the factory subs. The bass is tighter, and much more musical. It also has more power. The factory sub amps are 80 watts RMS.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big stereo kind of guy and if that is what you want do not buy this system, the only thing that I kept was the amp, the 6x8 are decent also but I bought different ones. If I bought an alpine deck I would just spend the 200 extra and get the small 50x4 watt amp that hooks up to their decks and fits near the radio. I have the shaker1000 and like my subs better, just my opinion, but I'd say buy 4 6x8s and a new deck if you want to improve the stereo.

I just installed the Shelby Kicker system into my 2005 Mustang GT. First, I installed the four door speakers and 2 rear deck lid speakers. The sound was better, but unremarkable. Once I added the amp and the trunk sub, everything came ALIVE! :happy feet:

I was testing it in my garage and a neighbor four houses down stopped by. She asked "were you just playing Iron Man a few minutes ago"? After I sheepishly pled guilty she said I had awakened her baby (whoops!).

You need to pay close attention to the back of the A/C rotary switch when you are taking out the panel in the center stack. It took me hours to figure out that you push in (from the back of the connector) AND lift up at the same time. The part of the connector you move is gray colored. There's a video on YouTube on removing the Shaker that shows the back of the connector that was a big help.

System sounds great but, for me, is tempermental with freezing temperatures. If I open the hood and pull the two provided in-line fuses and put them back in then the system works again. Goes fine all day after that but for some reason doesn't like to be outside on cold nights. Haven't figured out a fix yet! Works without a problem when temperature is not freezing.

Have the whole set up. I didn't wait for a sale on the Shelby store but pieced it together from auctions on eBay. I got the 6 speakers first for $250, then 4 months later got the subwoofer for $330 and the 4.1 amp for $275. Everything was brand new I just had to be patient. Total was under $900!! I love the sound of this system. Well worth the money. My car is my daily driver so I'm in it all the time so it's gotta play the tunes.

Archived