TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th anniver

shelbymarie

here is my question, will the 2007 have any badging on it that will say 40th, dealers down in texas are getting 15k to 25k over sticker and are running around saying this is it ford will build no more, from everything i read it sounds like dealers are going to suck this up as long as possible. in everyone's opion, if you are going to keep the car forever which would be a better car to have 2007 or 2008, the wait really doesn't bother me.

here is my question, will the 2007 have any badging on it that will say 40th, dealers down in texas are getting 15k to 25k over sticker and are running around saying this is it ford will build no more, from everything i read it sounds like dealers are going to suck this up as long as possible. in everyone's opion, if you are going to keep the car forever which would be a better car to have 2007 or 2008, the wait really doesn't bother me.

Hold tight, prices will come down, it's inevitable.

And Ford is going to build plenty more of these, it's an obvious cash cow. By adding the Shelby moniker alone they were able to charge much more for this car than if it had simply been the next generation Cobra. I think without it, this car would be around 40k... (NOT HATING ON THE CAR) So I think it's in their best interests to continue producing the car.

I also think that they will have enough to meet the demand to a point where prices will fall. As much as we like the car and it's an amazing car, the crowd of people that can and will spend 45+k on a 500hp car isn't so vast as to exceed that supply and keep the ADM's where they are.

I'm sitting on the sidelines till 08, even if ADM's aren't completely gone, you're surely not going to be looking at 10-20k, more like 2-5k if that.

Good luck to you -

Hold tight, prices will come down, it's inevitable.

And Ford is going to build plenty more of these, it's an obvious cash cow. By adding the Shelby moniker alone they were able to charge much more for this car than if it had simply been the next generation Cobra. I think without it, this car would be around 40k... (NOT HATING ON THE CAR) So I think it's in their best interests to continue producing the car.

I also think that they will have enough to meet the demand to a point where prices will fall. As much as we like the car and it's an amazing car, the crowd of people that can and will spend 45+k on a 500hp car isn't so vast as to exceed that supply and keep the ADM's where they are.

I'm sitting on the sidelines till 08, even if ADM's aren't completely gone, you're surely not going to be looking at 10-20k, more like 2-5k if that.

Good luck to you -

I hope you are right, and 9 months ago I would have agreed, but now I am not so sure as I can't see any drop in sight here in Colorado.

CC

I cant say who told me this, but he is very involve in the making of the gt500. He told me to wait until 2009, that something very special was going to be done to the gt500. He wouldnt tell me what, but I think it will be the gt500kr with more hp. I got lucky I feel and paid much less than $10,000 ADM. I just feel that if you want to gamble, the price will come down next year, but I wouldnt wait for 09, I think with something special in the works, plus all who are trying to wait it out may be left out.

The only badging that I seen other than the cobra is for the 40th anniversery package for the 2007 GT500.

Archived