TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 + 146RWHP/+167RWTQ with VMP TVS Supercharger

Justin00Stang

I had a customer bring his new 2011 GT500 down from NC today. It only had 1000 miles on it, and half were from the drive here!

We baselined the car at 508RWHP/481RWTQ with the stock tune.

After that I got to work swapping the blower:

daryl11stock.jpg

daryl11noblow.jpg

daryl11tvs.jpg

After a couple hours of wrenching and a few pulls to get it dialed in, these were the results:

darylv11gt500tvs.jpg

The 2011s take to higher boost very easily. The stock CAI with the new for 2011 frequency based maf does very well at 17-19psi. The 11s actually have a feature that is very neat, they can increase alternator voltage based on fuel pump flow rate. With an extra .3v-.5v kick, the stock fuel pumps had plenty of capacity. Stock injectors were also doing fine. I was very happy with the results from a car with stock throttle body and low miles.

Very impressive numbers on this car with stock TB and CAI. I'm also impressed that a TVS could be fitted and calibrated on the 2011s. I talked to Roger and they said that they don't have a TVS calibration with the 2011 GT500 for the Super Snake package. This also surely proves that part wrong. Maybe you can work with Shelby to have it as an option on the 2011-2012[?] Snakes. Or work with Ford to have it as a standard option on the 2012 GT500 like everyone wants.

Just my 2 cents, but overall, impressive numbers for this car and it's features too.

Very impressive numbers on this car with stock TB and CAI. I'm also impressed that a TVS could be fitted and calibrated on the 2011s. I talked to Roger and they said that they don't have a TVS calibration with the 2011 GT500 for the Super Snake package. This also surely proves that part wrong. Maybe you can work with Shelby to have it as an option on the 2011-2012[?] Snakes. Or work with Ford to have it as a standard option on the 2012 GT500 like everyone wants.

Or just find one of the many shops and have it custom dynoed tuned vs a canned tune

As the owner of a 2011 GT 500, with a smidge over 2000 miles on it, the 508 hp ( stock ) caught my attention.....................Have a couple of questions..

What type of dyno was used for the baseline ? Was this a SVT GT 500 ? ( 373 rear ) ( a mag article dyno'd an SVT unit @ 497.5 hp )

Was the heat exchanger upgraded ? Thermostat changed ? ( if so to what temp ? )

Including parts & labor, what does a blower upgrade like this cost ??

As the owner of a 2011 GT 500, with a smidge over 2000 miles on it, the 508 hp ( stock ) caught my attention.....................Have a couple of questions..

What type of dyno was used for the baseline ? Was this a SVT GT 500 ? ( 373 rear ) ( a mag article dyno'd an SVT unit @ 497.5 hp )

Justin knows his stuff..period. I was extremely impressed with his work. On the drive home yesterday the car scared the crap out of me. I thought the car was fast from the factory compared to my supercharged 08 California Special...All I can say is..Holy Crap.

The car was completely stock when dyno'd except for an Airaid Filter and Resonator Delete on 93 octane fuel.

The fitment is as good or better than stock and after seeing Justin put it on the car....I can truthfully say anyone with a average amount of wrenching time could have it on the car in about 2 hours taking your time. With Justin busy doing several things at once, it only took him about 90 min to R/R including gapping the plugs for the higher boost.

My recommendation...if you can possibly do this upgrade, do it because you will not be sorry. His pricing is ridiculously reasonable for what you get and the results.

Justin knows his stuff..period. I was extremely impressed with his work. On the drive home yesterday the car scared the crap out of me. I thought the car was fast from the factory compared to my supercharged 08 California Special...All I can say is..Holy Crap.

The car was completely stock when dyno'd except for an Airaid Filter and Resonator Delete on 93 octane fuel.

The fitment is as good or better than stock and after seeing Justin put it on the car....I can truthfully say anyone with a average amount of wrenching time could have it on the car in about 2 hours taking your time. With Justin busy doing several things at once, it only took him about 90 min to R/R including gapping the plugs for the higher boost.

My recommendation...if you can possibly do this upgrade, do it because you will not be sorry. His pricing is ridiculously reasonable for what you get and the results.

so the car is yours. i asked about the octane in the other post. have fun.

I had a customer bring his new 2011 GT500 down from NC today. It only had 1000 miles on it, and half were from the drive here!

We baselined the car at 508RWHP/481RWTQ with the stock tune.

After that I got to work swapping the blower:

daryl11stock.jpg

daryl11noblow.jpg

daryl11tvs.jpg

After a couple hours of wrenching and a few pulls to get it dialed in, these were the results:

darylv11gt500tvs.jpg

The 2011s take to higher boost very easily. The stock CAI with the new for 2011 frequency based maf does very well at 17-19psi. The 11s actually have a feature that is very neat, they can increase alternator voltage based on fuel pump flow rate. With an extra .3v-.5v kick, the stock fuel pumps had plenty of capacity. Stock injectors were also doing fine. I was very happy with the results from a car with stock throttle body and low miles.

Thanks for the pics, Justin. They will help me install the TVS I recently ordered from you, when it arrives.

Barry

508RWHP stock? Something isn't right there. Justin does good work but that dyno number just seams way too high. I thought there was only a few HP difference between the 2010 and 2011?

That's 597crank hp out of the box. I agree, seems high. There are so many variables in dynos it's crazy.

This was on a dynojet 224xLC, as the weather gets cooler we are going to see higher numbers than everyone got over the summer when the cars were new. No cooling mods were made. Both MMFF and 5.0 magazine baselined two different 11 GT500s at 498-500RWHP on their dynos. I had one make mid 480s back in the summer.

10 and 11 are different, 11 has elec powersteering (no drag from pump) and 2.75" exhaust along with better cats. Daryl, you'll have to tell us if you had 3.55s or 3.73s, but a 3.55 car may dyno a few HP higher.

Install and dynotune is not too much, if you are interested in specific pricing email me. Exact price depends on whether or not you need a tuner.

508RWHP stock? Something isn't right there. Justin does good work but that dyno number just seams way too high. I thought there was only a few HP difference between the 2010 and 2011?

There's is NOTHING wrong with the dyno. There's plenty of stock 2011's putting down 500-522whp all over youtube. Go try a search if you dont believe me

This was on a dynojet 224xLC, as the weather gets cooler we are going to see higher numbers than everyone got over the summer when the cars were new. No cooling mods were made. Both MMFF and 5.0 magazine baselined two different 11 GT500s at 498-500RWHP on their dynos. I had one make mid 480s back in the summer.

10 and 11 are different, 11 has elec powersteering (no drag from pump) and 2.75" exhaust along with better cats. Daryl, you'll have to tell us if you had 3.55s or 3.73s, but a 3.55 car may dyno a few HP higher.

Install and dynotune is not too much, if you are interested in specific pricing email me. Exact price depends on whether or not you need a tuner.

its a SVTPP car with 3.73s.

Cleaned it for hours today after the trip and took it out (about 42 F here today)...This car in cold air is just obnoxious..I LOVE IT. 4th gear feels like 2nd, 3rd feels like 1st gear...so much fun.

There's is NOTHING wrong with the dyno. There's plenty of stock 2011's putting down 500-522whp all over youtube. Go try a search if you dont believe me

Yeah but dyno numbers can be pretty easily fudged or the dyno's not properly maintained. (not saying VMP is doing either, as I like Justin's work)

The 2010 was between 460ish to 480ish depending on the dyno. Hell my 2010 only dyno'd at 512RWP with a 2.6 pulley and a 93 VMP tune on a Dynojet.

Hello, new here.

I just wanted to let you know that my '11 SVTPP cranked out 507/485 stone stock at HP Ranch, a very well respected outfit here in the NW. A tune was only able to eek another 10hp out of it. It would appear that Ford seems to have dialed in the '11s pretty well.

Back on topic, excellent numbers and this is at the top of my mod wish list!

-James

Hello, new here.

I just wanted to let you know that my '11 SVTPP cranked out 507/485 stone stock at HP Ranch, a very well respected outfit here in the NW. A tune was only able to eek another 10hp out of it. It would appear that Ford seems to have dialed in the '11s pretty well.

Back on topic, excellent numbers and this is at the top of my mod wish list!

-James

That's pretty cool then, it's nice to know they are getting almost the max power out of them in stock trim.

Yeah but dyno numbers can be pretty easily fudged or the dyno's not properly maintained. (not saying VMP is doing either, as I like Justin's work)

The 2010 was between 460ish to 480ish depending on the dyno. Hell my 2010 only dyno'd at 512RWP with a 2.6 pulley and a 93 VMP tune on a Dynojet.

2011's rolling 510-520hp stock is true.

Archived