TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Might miss deadline to re-order car

Still no word from either insurance company about totaling my 350. Without documentation that I will receive a check in full for the car, I cannot commit to Roger and put a deposit on a replacement car. With the holiday season upon us, I'd be shocked if I were to hear anything before they new year from these big insurance companies.

I am so sickened by this entire situation already and now I might miss the chance to get a 45th.

BTW - I picked up a copy of the police report today and the young man that hit the car was distracted by reaching for his wallet and then when he finally looked and noticed all the traffic had stopped, he hit the gas at first instead of hitting the brake. I knew he was moving pretty fast.

Tony,

The other thing is that Ford is having problems with the 6 speed tranny syncros and I suspect a TSB will be out soon. Some of the fuel pump modules are bad too, so the 2012 may have fixed these 2 problems.

Tony,

The other thing is that Ford is having problems with the 6 speed tranny syncros and I suspect a TSB will be out soon. Some of the fuel pump modules are bad too, so the 2012 may have fixed these 2 problems.

2756 - 2011 MUSTANG - MT82 COLD SHIFT EFFORT

SOME 2011 MUSTANG VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A MT82 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION MAY EXHIBIT INCREASED SHIFT EFFORTS IN COLD AMBIENT TEMPERATURES. THIS IS USUALLY MOST NOTICEABLE IN 1ST AND 2ND GEARS BUT MAY ALSO BE NOTICED IN 3RD THROUGH 6TH GEARS. ENGINEERING IS INVESTIGATING THIS CONCERN AND NO REPAIRS ARE RECOMMENDED AT THIS TIME. THE USE OF FRICTION MODIFIERS OR OTHER FLUID ADDITIVES IS NOT RECOMMENDED SINCE ALTHOUGH THEY MAY PROVIDE SOME IMMEDIATE IMPROVEMENT IN COLD SHIFT EFFORT, THEY ARE LIKELY TO RESULT IN LONG TERM DEGRADATION OF THE SYNCHRONIZERS.

2756 - 2011 MUSTANG - MT82 COLD SHIFT EFFORT

SOME 2011 MUSTANG VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A MT82 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION MAY EXHIBIT INCREASED SHIFT EFFORTS IN COLD AMBIENT TEMPERATURES. THIS IS USUALLY MOST NOTICEABLE IN 1ST AND 2ND GEARS BUT MAY ALSO BE NOTICED IN 3RD THROUGH 6TH GEARS. ENGINEERING IS INVESTIGATING THIS CONCERN AND NO REPAIRS ARE RECOMMENDED AT THIS TIME. THE USE OF FRICTION MODIFIERS OR OTHER FLUID ADDITIVES IS NOT RECOMMENDED SINCE ALTHOUGH THEY MAY PROVIDE SOME IMMEDIATE IMPROVEMENT IN COLD SHIFT EFFORT, THEY ARE LIKELY TO RESULT IN LONG TERM DEGRADATION OF THE SYNCHRONIZERS.

Thanks grabber. Appreciate your thoughts always. Maybe I need to look at a '12 order guide.

Still no word from either insurance company about totaling my 350. Without documentation that I will receive a check in full for the car, I cannot commit to Roger and put a deposit on a replacement car. With the holiday season upon us, I'd be shocked if I were to hear anything before they new year from these big insurance companies.

I am so sickened by this entire situation already and now I might miss the chance to get a 45th.

BTW - I picked up a copy of the police report today and the young man that hit the car was distracted by reaching for his wallet and then when he finally looked and noticed all the traffic had stopped, he hit the gas at first instead of hitting the brake. I knew he was moving pretty fast.

Tony, may I ask why your signature states your Boss is on hold because of the gt350 mess? I have told my wife before that material things come and go and can always be resolved, those things are easy to deal with compared to health issues. Most of us are so lucky and others that aren't show us how amazing we can be even with difficult problems.

Yeah, but Tony wants a loaded donor car to be built. We had discussed your car Rick, but most of the guys here arent going to strip the car after getting it done, and while it would have been perfect for an "R code build", that doesnt appear to be an option at the moment.

Tony, I bet it will all work out, Santa knows you have been good this year!

Holy crap, I missed this until just now. Glad your okay Tony, was anybody with you and if so is everybody okay? I'll cross my fingers and hope you hear from the insurance company soon and that they total it as well. I understand completely how you feel about owning a collectors car that has been in an accident.

On another note, did you have any luck and is that Boss one of the LS models?

Holy crap, I missed this until just now. Glad your okay Tony, was anybody with you and if so is everybody okay? I'll cross my fingers and hope you hear from the insurance company soon and that they total it as well. I understand completely how you feel about owning a collectors car that has been in an accident.

On another note, did you have any luck and is that Boss one of the LS models?

Thank you sir. Got a call today that their will be no decision before the new year. It looks like they are shopping the car "as is" to gauge interest. I am getting ready to just ship it to Gary Davis at Shelby and have them repair it the best they can. Paper trail will be as good as it can be and keep my diminished value as low as can be expected.

Archived