TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ATTENTION TO TEAM SHELBY MEMBERS WHO LIVE ON THE WEST COAST OR IN CALIFORNIA WITH A STOCK 2011 GT500

supersnake94

So we all know that there are not that many parts out there to modify the 2011 GT500. I know that one perticular element of modifying the GT500 is through sound AKA exhausts. I know that Magnaflow, Stainless Works, Borla, Kooks, and Corsa have some nice systems out there, but I've always been also a Bassani exhaust king of guy and I know that they don't have an exhaust.

So I contacted Bassani via facebook,email,etc. to see if they have an exhaust or if they are making an exhaust for the 2011 GT500.

Well today, I got this email from Bassani Xhaust and this is what they said:

"Yeah we will be working on that first thing january, 2011, we are looking for a stock GT500 2011 if you know anyone in Calif who would let us use their car for R&D."

So I replied saying I was from the east coast, but I am also a TS member and said that I would start a post here on the forum to see if any of the TS members with a 2011 GT500 are willing to bring their car to Bassani and be used as a test car for the exhaust system.

So if anybody with a 2011 GT500 and lives in either California or on the west coast and they are willing to take on the challange and bring in their car to be used to test out Bassani's exhaust system once they have it finished and they need a car to install and test it on, either reply here to the post, send me a PM, or call Bassani themselves and tell them that you are willing to put your GT500 into their hands to use as a donor car. I can also have Bassani look at this thread and they can tell me the member or members who want to use their GT500s as a test car.

Hope some of you guys are interested in doing this. It would be totally worth it to have it done to your car.

Damn, I wished I lived in Cali! Great post and thanks for letting others know about this....

Thanks, maybe if the mods see this and they like it, maybe they can make this thread a sticky. Then we can have people post in it to see what they think and see if some of them could volunteer. :)

from the original post: "Yeah we will be working on that first thing january, 2011, we are looking for a stock GT500 2011 if you know anyone in Calif who would let us use their car for R&D."

Yeah, I read that. So why does the thread title read "ATTENTION TO TEAM SHELBY MEMBERS WHO LIVE ON THE EAST COAST OR IN CALIFORNIA..."

Confused? :headscratch:

I guess some people would do it if the exhaust was going to be given to them for free.

I'm definitely interested if it's a free full length "Stainless" system, but I would need to know real Dyno testing would be done, not "seat of the pants" thrashing as I've seen on some of the You Tube posts for the 2011 Mustang GT...

I'm definitely interested if it's a free full length "Stainless" system, but I would need to know real Dyno testing would be done, not "seat of the pants" thrashing as I've seen on some of the You Tube posts for the 2011 Mustang GT...

Are you taking about a cat-back and headers too? If it is that, then that's something that you could talk to bassani about. If you are just talking about the mufflers, I'm not sure about a dyno test as of I don't think that just mufflers gives a horsepower increase. Maybe I am wrong, but I suggest talking to bassani about it.

Archived