TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby redline hood quicklift kit

dingo2008

Does any one have the Shelby redline hood quicklift kit for their gt500 the part number is S5MB-16612

Do you need to drill holes in your hood to use this one? I like how it looks but I see rivets in the kit so guessing you have to drill the hood. I'd like one just like this but no modifying things to make it work, don't want extra holes in my car

Does any one have the Shelby redline hood quicklift kit for their gt500 the part number is S5MB-16612

Do you need to drill holes in your hood to use this one? I like how it looks but I see rivets in the kit so guessing you have to drill the hood. I'd like one just like this but no modifying things to make it work, don't want extra holes in my car

Yes, drilling/riveting is required.

I have the generic Redline (Elites) on my 2010 GT500.

I was dead set against drilling holes in my hood too, until I saw where and how small they are.

If you go back to the hood prop, you can pull the rivets and no one would ever see the holes without someone in the know, pointing them out.

They look like they came from the factory, no extra brackets other than the two small ones you rivet on to the hood. The base is just two ball joints (one on each side) and the hole in the fender pinch weld looks like one of the many that are already there.

Phill

QuickLIFT Installation Guide

do they work with and will hold up a glass hood? anyone?

They hold up my SS hood just fine.

Archived