TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-11 Fender Flag Emblems

chitucan

I may be the doofus on the block here, but my 2011 GT500 came with two nicely-sculptured and perfectly-positioned cobras on its fenders. Why would I want to pry these off (and risk marring or damaging the fender paint) just to put two apparently-lesser-quality, unoriginal cobra/flag emblems in the same place?

I can see the flag emblems for original special purposes, such as the 40th-Anniversary and the KR. But on the regular GT500?

Incidentally I have the same mixed thoughts about aftermarket side- and window-scoops. I think they look very 67/68-sexy, but can't get over the feeling that they're pretentious on the current GT500s. [Having said that, I finally put a set of both on my 2007 and they looked great.] But I could never get over the feeling that over the long term, rain, driving windflow buffeting, carwashing, etc., the 3M tape would gradually weaken and one day one of them would just fly off at an inconvenient moment (such as in the middle of the freeway), leaving me to pull the others off, with again paint damage/fading consequences, etc. Also somewhat concerned about possible buildup of water, dirt, etc. underneath the taped-on scoops, which might make noise or just be bad for the paint underneath the side-ones.

Well, I'll shut up before further hijacking this thread! :talkhand:

I do agree with you to a point. I tend to be kind of a purist in some ways too. I do think the GT500 is crying out for the bottom side scoops however. I think at times the car companies/culture is going the way of Harley Davidson. I was told when I bought my first Harley in 2003 that the average person spends $1000 on add ons right away. Not me! Im a purist and not that stupid to fall for all that stuff! Oh wait, I guess I do need a windshield. And why, do you see there is no tach on this one? Bags would be nice just to hold "stuff" for a day trip or overnighter.................you get my drift! $3000 later..............................

*I* like 'em.

I WILL order a set but I'm still waiting on Robert to say if we will or will not get the grille wings too.

I'm also waiting to see if they're gonna have another 15% off sale so I can order the K-member, A-arms, Brake ducts, Shelby/GT500 wings, etc. etc. etc.

If they don't have a sale, I'll just save myself another ~$2,000 and do without! I have a REAL problem paying MSRP on just about ANYTHING. I sure do wish they'd give TS Club members a prepetial<sp?> discount.... <hint-hint...ahem! HINT-HINT-HINT>

Phill (I'm so tight my ass squeeks when I walk!)

Thanks, I like how they turned out too. I used a hand file and shaped them, took my time. It was actually fun. I was not comfortable with the idea of removing the Cobra and re-positioning it.

Let us know about the front grill wings if you find anything out, it is something I also want to add.

I see you are in Colorado Springs, I love it there.

Phill,

Your list of mods is very impressive. Not picking on you...but it's a large list to scroll through on every post that you make.

This is one of those cases, where "less is more". ;)

Ha! Phill needs a column mode! A good problem to have!

Yeah, I know. I've even commented on it when I first did it. I asked if there is a way to make two colums, even tried to use the space bar to make my own but all it does is run each column into the first making it one continuous line.

I've actually NOT commented on many posts because I knew my sig would clog up the page.

I fixed it....better? <lol>

I'll condense some of the fields into items (FRPP: Whipple 2.9, Axle Girdle, Door Sills, Blah, Blah, Blah, etc.) to shorten it up, when I have a little spare time.

Sorry 'bout that, chief!

Max

Phill,

I think there is a way to list your mods in a multi-column format as shown below. PM me if you think this might work.

ScreenShot001.jpg

Was told at the bash by Shelby that they were pulled do to a possible fit issue and should have the issue resolved shortly. Should be back avalible with in a month and the front grill wings will be avalible also.

Hope that helps.

I figured that they would get pulled. That is why I was willing to do a little file work to make them fit right. The right and left Cobra's were not mounted at the same angle from Ford, so I doubt that their is a fit issue fix. My guess is that every cars Cobra differs slightly.

I hope the grill wings will be available soon as well.

I put mine on right out of the bag. Noticing they did not fit to the contour of the snake and not being to picky about the gap. The problem I had was that worthless template that would not fit over the snake. So I eyeballed it as good as I could. I think they look great on a stripe delete car that way you do not have the stripe to gauge it off of. Just the body lines. It gives a little more wiggle room.

FenderEmblems012.jpg

I put mine on right out of the bag. Noticing they did not fit to the contour of the snake and not being to picky about the gap. The problem I had was that worthless template that would not fit over the snake. So I eyeballed it as good as I could. I think they look great on a stripe delete car that way you do not have the stripe to gauge it off of. Just the body lines. It gives a little more wiggle room.

FenderEmblems012.jpg

Looks pretty good from that shot. Yeah the rocker stripes probably do draw attention to the flags been off angle. Looks like it worked out well on yours.

FenderEmblems012.jpg

t-red04snake,

That is one badass looking 2011 Race Red Stripe Delete SVTPP Coupe. Congrats!!!

Oh, and the wings look great too. happy%20feet.gif

Archived