TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-11 Fender Flag Emblems

chitucan

Hi,

Somebody knows something about it Fender Flag Emblem for 2010-11 GT 500 ?....When it will be ready for sale ?

Thank's for your attention.

Regards !

The ones on page 33 of the catolog will be available in the first part of Jan. 2011 per Sharon.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I found these to be pretty disappointing and sent them back. At least on the ones I received there was some kind of white residue and while the drivers side fit acceptably (and by no means to I mean perfect) the passenger side flags were crooked.....and even if I removed the snake and repositioned it, it still would have been crooked. If the flags were anywhere close to being flush with the snake they came off at different angles. Quality control???

Well I found these to be pretty disappointing and sent them back. At least on the ones I received there was some kind of white residue and while the drivers side fit acceptably (and by no means to I mean perfect) the passenger side flags were crooked.....and even if I removed the snake and repositioned it, it still would have been crooked. If the flags were anywhere close to being flush with the snake they came off at different angles. Quality control???

Mine are supposed to be here today, I will post how they work out after I get a look. I am a little nervous now.

Well hopefully mine were just a fluke. According to Shelby you may need to remove and realign the OE Cobra emblems. Good luck!

Fed EX bumped my delivery date to the 17th (bad weather they said) Hopefully I can report back how they look early next week.

Got mine today and I have the same issue with the angles being off. However they are made out of aluminum, thus easy to file and reshape. This is the route I am taking and after 15 minutes I nearly have the drivers side perfect. I anticipate both sides will be perfectly level when I am finished. I figure 60 minutes tops for both sides.

I know I could have sent them back, but they look nice and I don't mind doing some final finish work. I am not interested in removing the Cobra emblem, I do not think that is a very good solution. I probably will not get back to them until the weekend and would be happy to post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Got mine today and I have the same issue with the angles being off. However they are made out of aluminum, thus easy to file and reshape. This is the route I am taking and after 15 minutes I nearly have the drivers side perfect. I anticipate both sides will be perfectly level when I am finished. I figure 60 minutes tops for both sides.

I know I could have sent them back, but they look nice and I don't mind doing some final finish work. I am not interested in removing the Cobra emblem, I do not think that is a very good solution. I probably will not get back to them until the weekend and would be happy to post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Yes would like to see some pictures when you are finished

So why can`t they make the other ones fit that way????????

Dunno.

Maybe it's the installer trying to put them on level and that would require the snake to be moved, If you look closely at the first KR pic....you will see the wings are not perfectly level (horizontal). Compare the fender flags to the bottom blue stripe. Not a big deal, but if you try to make them horizontal / level, then the gaps will be ugly.

g-wHw2EKGrHqJmIEz0E27skBNMik0FlsQ_4.jpg

g8drYwEGEKGrHqUOKkEE0gKqFB-BNJs9COIhg_4.jpg

Dunno.

Maybe it's the installer trying to put them on level and that would require the snake to be moved, If you look closely at the first KR pic....you will see the wings are not perfectly level (horizontal). Compare the fender flags to the bottom blue stripe. Not a big deal, but if you try to make them horizontal / level, then the gaps will be ugly.

g-wHw2EKGrHqJmIEz0E27skBNMik0FlsQ_4.jpg

g8drYwEGEKGrHqUOKkEE0gKqFB-BNJs9COIhg_4.jpg

LOL Gotta be the installer, OK. Actually mine were nowhere close to your picture, although in all honesty, I doubt that I would be happy with that angle either, although it would be acceptable.

Call me crazy but for hundred some dollars they are asking for these things that are going on $50,000+ cars they should be level. What they should do is make a completely new emblem in that style with the wings and then it would be straight. Crooked flags just look like a cheesy afterthought. Oh well....I guess some people like them so as long as they're happy that's what's important.

Call me crazy but for hundred some dollars they are asking for these things that are going on $50,000+ cars they should be level. What they should do is make a completely new emblem in that style with the wings and then it would be straight. Crooked flags just look like a cheesy afterthought. Oh well....I guess some people like them so as long as they're happy that's what's important.

Great point, if I cannot get them level, they will not be seen on my car. You are right, that pic of the crooked flags is very cheesy. Even my 63 Ford has straight emblems.

I may be the doofus on the block here, but my 2011 GT500 came with two nicely-sculptured and perfectly-positioned cobras on its fenders. Why would I want to pry these off (and risk marring or damaging the fender paint) just to put two apparently-lesser-quality, unoriginal cobra/flag emblems in the same place?

I can see the flag emblems for original special purposes, such as the 40th-Anniversary and the KR. But on the regular GT500?

Incidentally I have the same mixed thoughts about aftermarket side- and window-scoops. I think they look very 67/68-sexy, but can't get over the feeling that they're pretentious on the current GT500s. [Having said that, I finally put a set of both on my 2007 and they looked great.] But I could never get over the feeling that over the long term, rain, driving windflow buffeting, carwashing, etc., the 3M tape would gradually weaken and one day one of them would just fly off at an inconvenient moment (such as in the middle of the freeway), leaving me to pull the others off, with again paint damage/fading consequences, etc. Also somewhat concerned about possible buildup of water, dirt, etc. underneath the taped-on scoops, which might make noise or just be bad for the paint underneath the side-ones.

Well, I'll shut up before further hijacking this thread! :talkhand:

Check out this photo of a KR Cobra w/wings;

Hmm, for some reason the photo won't attach:

I'll keep trying to get it posted, or find the link to the OP of the wings.

The wings are mounted all the way at the bottom of the snake. So far down in fact, that the "coil" behind the snake is touching the wing on the rearward side of the snake.

The photo is from the Ford Mo. Co. KR release photo shoot and the wings are NO where near where the ones in this thread are mounted.

I'm going to get out my old copies of the Shelby magazine with a article on building the KR. It shows them installing the wings with a thick plastic template and I want to see where the OEM template puts the wings.

Now I gotta figure out why I can't post the photo (too large???).

Phill

Phill,

Your list of mods is very impressive. Not picking on you...but it's a large list to scroll through on every post that you make.

This is one of those cases, where "less is more". ;)

Ha! Phill needs a column mode! A good problem to have!

Great point, if I cannot get them level, they will not be seen on my car. You are right, that pic of the crooked flags is very cheesy. Even my 63 Ford has straight emblems.

Here are a few pictures with the flags level. Sorry for the picture quality, it is overcast in Seattle today and I was dodging rain showers. It is hard to see the lower stripe (black on black) on a dark day.

post-29319-0-44024200-1295641349_thumb.jpg

post-29319-0-14741700-1295641362_thumb.jpg

post-29319-0-44024200-1295641349_thumb.jpg

post-29319-0-14741700-1295641362_thumb.jpg

Phill,

Your list of mods is very impressive. Not picking on you...but it's a large list to scroll through on every post that you make.

This is one of those cases, where "less is more". ;)

Yeah, I know. I've even commented on it when I first did it. I asked if there is a way to make two colums, even tried to use the space bar to make my own but all it does is run each column into the first making it one continuous line.

I've actually NOT commented on many posts because I knew my sig would clog up the page.

I fixed it....better? <lol>

I'll condense some of the fields into items (FRPP: Whipple 2.9, Axle Girdle, Door Sills, Blah, Blah, Blah, etc.) to shorten it up, when I have a little spare time.

Sorry 'bout that, chief!

Max

Here are a few pictures with the flags level. Sorry for the picture quality, it is overcast in Seattle today and I was dodging rain showers. It is hard to see the lower stripe (black on black) on a dark day.

*I* like 'em.

I WILL order a set but I'm still waiting on Robert to say if we will or will not get the grille wings too.

I'm also waiting to see if they're gonna have another 15% off sale so I can order the K-member, A-arms, Brake ducts, Shelby/GT500 wings, etc. etc. etc.

If they don't have a sale, I'll just save myself another ~$2,000 and do without! I have a REAL problem paying MSRP on just about ANYTHING. I sure do wish they'd give TS Club members a prepetial<sp?> discount.... <hint-hint...ahem! HINT-HINT-HINT>

Phill (I'm so tight my ass squeeks when I walk!)

Archived