TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I gotta rub it in!!

Cdvision

I just gotta rub it in to all you guys in the snow belt. It was beautiful out today here in Vancouver BC, so I went for a long cruise. This is the first winter I've spent in a city where you can actually drive your good car in the winter. Lol

Lots of cool stuff out even managed to snap a pic of a Ferrari 458 that drove by. :dance:

PC176669.jpg

PC176670.jpg

PC176673.jpg

PC176676.jpg

PC176677.jpg

I just gotta rub it in to all you guys in the snow belt. It was beautiful out today here in Vancouver BC, so I went for a long cruise. This is the first winter I've spent in a city where you can actually drive your good car in the winter. Lol

Lots of cool stuff out even managed to snap a pic of a Ferrari 458 that drove by. :dance:

PC176669.jpg

PC176670.jpg

PC176673.jpg

PC176676.jpg

PC176677.jpg

My wife is in Vancouver now until next Tuesday . She says it beats being in Timmins ( here in Ontario ) as we have just got another 2 feet of snow . At least the weather's warmed up to -12 . She says i would Hate it in Vancouver being able to drive the Shelby this time of year Lol .

My wife is in Vancouver now until next Tuesday . She says it beats being in Timmins ( here in Ontario ) as we have just got another 2 feet of snow . At least the weather's warmed up to -12 . She says i would Hate it in Vancouver being able to drive the Shelby this time of year Lol .

Yeah it's awesome out here!! I moved here from Edmonton 9 months ago and love it!! I have to go to Edmonton next week for X-mas and I'm not looking forward to the sub zero temps and snow. We were planning on going somewhere warm but my wife's Mom is fighting her second bought with cancer and family come first. If you ever get out here shoot me a PM.

Claude

I just gotta rub it in to all you guys in the snow belt. It was beautiful out today here in Vancouver BC, so I went for a long cruise.

I'm going to steal some of your pics so I can tell my co-workers that I drove to Vancouver on my vacation, k?

I went out for a bit today too. 33° but all the snow is off the roads. It was quite enjoyable.

I'm going to steal some of your pics so I can tell my co-workers that I drove to Vancouver on my vacation, k?

I went out for a bit today too. 33° but all the snow is off the roads. It was quite enjoyable.

Go for it!! Lol :shift:

It only hit 44° here today. But I could still get it to hook good enough in 1st gear by rolling on the throttle, that I got some wheel hop. I gotta get off my butt and install my control arms.

It only hit 44° here today. But I could still get it to hook good enough in 1st gear by rolling on the throttle, that I got some wheel hop. I gotta get off my butt and install my control arms.

Good for you, I live in the Seattle area and it was nice here too. Unfortunately I winterized mine and tucked it away last Sunday. But boy I sure was tempted to get her out. I am glad that you were able to enjoy yours today.

Good for you, I live in the Seattle area and it was nice here too. Unfortunately I winterized mine and tucked it away last Sunday. But boy I sure was tempted to get her out. I am glad that you were able to enjoy yours today.

It always makes me laugh when I hear about guys that live in a climate where it is cool and damp in the winter, that put their cars away for "winter". Lol A friend of mine just sent me a pic from back home and it's -25 degrees and 3 ft of snow....that's winter!!

I take mine out for a blast as long as the roads are dry. It's not like they dump gravel and salt on the roads here like they do in areas that get a "real" winter. I guess when we get freak snow storms they do dump some salt. But a few days of rain takes care of that. The longest I had to wait to drive my car has been 8 days. I'm getting pretty spoiled.

It always makes me laugh when I hear about guys that live in a climate where it is cool and damp in the winter, that put their cars away for "winter". Lol A friend of mine just sent me a pic from back home and it's -25 degrees and 3 ft of snow....that's winter!!

I take mine out for a blast as long as the roads are dry. It's not like they dump gravel and salt on the roads here like they do in areas that get a "real" winter. I guess when we get freak snow storms they do dump some salt. But a few days of rain takes care of that. The longest I had to wait to drive my car has been 8 days. I'm getting pretty spoiled.

Just curious, What did you use to lower the stance of your car? It looks great, and I am wanting to do the same.

Thanks

Just curious, What did you use to lower the stance of your car? It looks great, and I am wanting to do the same.

Thanks

It's just the way I bought it. Stock height.

PC176672-1.jpg

Thanks...that will go a long way to further the "worldly" image that I have been building up at work! lol.

We had been dealing with 15-20° weather all week...so today was a relief. You just gotta keep the tires under control in the cold weather. I don't feel the need to drive like a maniac all the time...so I'm content with just driving a really nice car and enjoying the scenery. Snow in the country is a beautiful thing. The lakes are frozen over with geese and ducks walking around on them. I really wanted to get some pics with my car in the snow...but dang...everytime I think I'm alone somebody decides to come up by me. I'm kind of self conscious when it comes to having people watch me take pictures of my car.

...but dang...everytime I think I'm alone somebody decides to come up by me. I'm kind of self conscious when it comes to having people watch me take pictures of my car.

I just wait until other folks start snapping pics then I jump in. Lol

Mine is black on black, and since it rains almost everyday in the winter months, the roads rarely dry out. Instead of letting it sit, I winterize it for about 3 months and save on insurance. Even on clear days they use a nasty de-icer here in the AM and it is REALLY corrosive. Today I missed out though.

We should get the Northwest Shelbys together sometime.

post-29319-081468700 1292649474_thumb.jpg

post-29319-081468700 1292649474_thumb.jpg

Mine is black on black, and since it rains almost everyday in the winter months, the roads rarely dry out. Instead of letting it sit, I winterize it for about 3 months and save on insurance. Even on clear days they use a nasty de-icer here in the AM and it is REALLY corrosive. Today I missed out though.

We should get the Northwest Shelbys together sometime.

Yeah I don't blame you. Our 2010 GT convertible is black and a pain to keep clean. We should get a bunch of us together in the spring, I'm only a little over 2 hours from Seattle. I know I'm planning on going to the International Mustang Meet in Spokane in Sept 2011.

Thats the weather we had in Timmins ONTARIO last week . -31 !!! , i think we just had 2 feet of snow in the past few days to pile on top of what we already had . I usually put mine away for winter around Halloween as thats when we start getting snow . Thats were she stays until April or even May ( weather dependant of course ) .

I love the color of your Car . I have the reverse , White with Blue stripes .

I will for sure drop you a line if we ever venture out that way . I would like to go to Red Deer when they have the Mustang gathering . I think its State side next year though .

Never know though when a road trip will happen . Send more pics so us poor folks in the dead of Winter can Cry Lol .

I love the color of your Car . I have the reverse , White with Blue stripes .

I will for sure drop you a line if we ever venture out that way . I would like to go to Red Deer when they have the Mustang gathering . I think its State side next year though .

Never know though when a road trip will happen . Send more pics so us poor folks in the dead of Winter can Cry Lol .

Thanks your combo looks sweet too. Yeah the International Mustang Meet is in Spokane in 2011. There is event info on the Inland Empire Mustang Club website. I'm planning on attending.

Inland Empire Mustang Club

Keep the Vancouver (and lower mainland) pix coming. I grew up in Port Moody, so its fun to look on and remember. Vancouver is one of the MOST beautiful cities in the world.....when it isn't raining...

We had a great summer. Only 3 days that we got showers in all of July and August. I live in a good spot (10 min walk to downtown) just off Cambie St and we get much less rain here. 20 min east and north it seams like it is always raining. Even the forcast will say it raining went it's usually just party cloudy. It's like a little bubble here, Lol

I'm in the same boat - Denver has 300 days of sunshine a year, and the city uses very little chemical deicer on the roads (most of the time), so I'll get to roll around in the beast all winter long! :happy feet:

Thanks your combo looks sweet too. Yeah the International Mustang Meet is in Spokane in 2011. There is event info on the Inland Empire Mustang Club website. I'm planning on attending.

Inland Empire Mustang Club

Thanks for the Link . The biggest issue were we live is Distance . Its around 3500 km's from here so theres a couple of days driving added each way .

No problem for me though , its the KIDS !!! . Can you imagine trying to drive that distance with a 4 year and 11 year old .

I'll have less hair left after being in a car with them for that amount of time Lol .

We'll see though , September is a long time off .

"Rubbing it in" is bad JuJu. :redcard:

I won't rub it in that you live in Canada. :salute:

DISCLAIMER! I'm married to a Canadian so save the hate, it was a JOKE.

I do notice in those pictures, the architecture seems to be very similar to Toronto; lots of high-rise condos? They all look the same... The mountains look spectacular though. Enjoy your winter cruising. I used to live in LA and San Diego. There's more to life than sunny days. It's about 12 degrees here with a stiff North wind. Shelby's asleep. Might take the sled out for a ride this afternoon. I have a place right across the highway out back with a nice, long straight where I can hammer the throttle and let the studded track grip the snow and with 1000 CC's, it feels good.

:happy feet:

At least the Shelby's not racking up lots of miles when she is hibernating, although I'd rather be driving it than watching it sit all winter.

There is an upside to this though. It happens every spring on that first ride. After driving whatever you drive for winter, and not feeling "the power" for all those months, that first time you mash the gas is ALWAYS a thrill. You feel it bigtime. It also makes you appreciate it all that much more. Absence makes the heart grow fonder as they say...

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New year from Cold Country.

I do notice in those pictures, the architecture seems to be very similar to Toronto; lots of high-rise condos? They all look the same... The mountains look spectacular though.

Mostly on the south side of downtown the condos are similar and have that Hong Hong kinda look. But elsewhere downtown there are some incredible buildings. You really have to see this place....it's a very beautiful city. I was out again today cruising around, people out in their convertibles...tops down (to cold for me. Lol) and I saw a nice 1969 Mustang coupe.. Here's a couple pics I took today.

PC196688.jpg

PC196689.jpg

PC196686.jpg

I'm in coquitlam!!

Mike

2010 gt500 sterling grey, silver stripes

PC176669.jpg

PC176670.jpg

PC176673.jpg

PC176676.jpg

PC176677.jpg

Great .... someone further north and still able to drive their mustang! :banghead:

Must be nice, oh wait I used to do the same last year in Ga. No, I had to move and get promoted ..... should have saved the money and enjoyed the drive?

Sweet looking ride, btw!! Thanks for sharing.

Nice Merry Christmas weather here in AZ. Wife, son and I out checking out lights last night in town in the stealthy SGT. I have my SGT primed and ready for a cruise after dinner later. Oh dare I say, it is 65 degrees sunny and so nice. May have to take a swim.

Merry Christmas to all, be safe, and have a Happy New Year! :party2:

Dang! Mine's sitting in the pole barn waiting for next spring! I did get to sit in it a couple of days ago when I was changing the shifter boot. The last time I got a good ride in was on November 9th, got another chance to hit the various beaches (for photo ops) while it was sunny and (relatively) warm.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

and how are things in the rain forest today??

Looks like the sun will be back for a day after the bash :hysterical:

it is a beautiful city even in the rain

I just got back from Edmonton....-20 or colder, yipes!!! Cleared up here today and was a nice afternoon for a cruise.

DSCF1548.jpg

DSCF1551.jpg

Here's what it was like in Edmonton Alberta over Christmas. These pics are at our friends place that we stayed at. That's a nice frozen man made lake!!

It was nice to see friends and family but it's also nice to be home and drive the GT500 again. We had a little yellow Aveo to bomb around in.

PC236700.jpg

PC246710.jpg

DSCF1363.jpg

Archived