TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A little more HP required!

Hey fellas,

My 40th Anniversary was done with no upgrades other than the basic 40th appearance package. What would you recommend to increase the HP on a limited budget? I read somewhere the cold-air intake and pully system can bring the car from 500hp to around 540hp? Also, does the "one peice aluminum" drive shaft reduce weight, thereby adding any HP? I would assume someone can even point me to the correct Shelby part numbers in the catalog.

Thanks as always for the input!

Hey fellas,

My 40th Anniversary was done with no upgrades other than the basic 40th appearance package. What would you recommend to increase the HP on a limited budget? I read somewhere the cold-air intake and pully system can bring the car from 500hp to around 540hp? Also, does the "one peice aluminum" drive shaft reduce weight, thereby adding any HP? I would assume someone can even point me to the correct Shelby part numbers in the catalog.

By far the easiest horsepower up grade is a cold air intake and new pulley and tune. It took my stock horsepower to 543 at the wheels.

Hey fellas,

I had the same dilemma so my solution was to is to increase my budget. (thank goodness for paid up life insurance). The cold air/pulley as others have said are your best bang scenario after that you may consider porting

Archived