TEAM SHELBY FORUM

500 Miles and Broken!

1wickedgt500

Well I finally bought the car of my dreams (2011 GT 500) and its broken already. I have not beat on the car and it has 500 miles on it. The car would not go in reverse and the shifter seemed real loose when it was in gear. I took it to Ford today and they said something is wrong with the linkage and they have to drop the tranny, so we will see! :banghead::banghead: Anybody else heard of this? I'll post the outcome, supposed to find out in a few days.

Did you try putting it in first gear to slow the gears down before you put it in reverse. Mine does it and was told it's normal. Good luck with the dealer mechanics tearing into your new car.

Yep, I tried everything before taking it to Ford! Not thrilled at all by someone tearing into my car, trust me I'm not at all please with this non-sense! Thanks for the reply, I'll keep ya posted

Well I finally bought the car of my dreams (2011 GT 500) and its broken already. I have not beat on the car and it has 500 miles on it. The car would not go in reverse and the shifter seemed real loose when it was in gear. I took it to Ford today and they said something is wrong with the linkage and they have to drop the tranny, so we will see! :banghead::banghead: Anybody else heard of this? I'll post the outcome, supposed to find out in a few days.

Dont fret--they'll fix it,probably make it better than new--i know its a PITA--had that with a new vette,and it was fixed quickly and was fine.Let us know how it does--bob

If they say its the shifter , I can`t see it though if they are similar to the 07-09 there isn`t a lot to go wrong . No big deal to drop the tranny its when they rip it a part to do the TSB . A shifter on 07 -09 can be changed without pulling the tranny out , don`t know how much different the 10-11`. Hope it is simple & you get your car back like new . Good Luck let us know what happens

You can change out the shifter without removing the trans so I don't know what they must be doing. 2 day's to just remove a trans and diagnose it sounds fishy to me. Did you write your odometer reading on the window or leave a post it with the mileage and average mpg to avoid the mechanics from joy riding? There has been a few thread's here where members have found out about un-documented miles and joy ride's while there car is in for repairs.

Did you try putting it in first gear to slow the gears down before you put it in reverse. Mine does it and was told it's normal.

Normal for one of these, sure

1.jpg

This, should go into reverse without a problem

2011_Shelby_GT500_2.jpg

Dont fret--they'll fix it,probably make it better than new--i know its a PITA--had that with a new vette,and it was fixed quickly and was fine.Let us know how it does--bob

Great level-headed response as always from you Torched10...you are officially the "Voice of Reason". Just because it's a Shelby or costs $50,000...doesn't mean it's perfect. I have the same outlook. :)

A tranny drop is no big deal until how you see them beat the hell out of the underside of the car like they did on mine.

If that happened your definitely at the wrong dealer.

I've had my cars to the dealerships about 10 times over the past 15 years...never once did I ever find any damage done to my car - and trust me, I am fully aware of every nick or scratch that is on my car - bottom or top. They all came back the way I left them, I've been more than happy with the service I received. As Shelby001 stated maybe you need to think about finding a different dealership to do your warranty work in the future. There are good dealerships and bad ones.

Great level-headed response as always from you Torched10...you are officially the "Voice of Reason". Just because it's a Shelby or costs $50,000...doesn't mean it's perfect. I have the same outlook. :)

thanks Blue--i guess with age comes perspective, after all its just a car made of parts by human beings,none of which are perfect

Thanks for the all reply's and words of advice. I picked my car up today and it seems to be back to normal. The invoice stated the following, "reverse gear for K roll pin came out of place, installed new reverse gear fork roll pin" I'm not quite sure what this means, I thought I knew alittle something about cars but this is above my pay grade! Anyway all I care about is the outcome and I'm pleased with that. I did like Torched10's response and outlook!

Thanks for the all reply's and words of advice. I picked my car up today and it seems to be back to normal. The invoice stated the following, "reverse gear for K roll pin came out of place, installed new reverse gear fork roll pin" I'm not quite sure what this means, I thought I knew alittle something about cars but this is above my pay grade! Anyway all I care about is the outcome and I'm pleased with that. I did like Torched10's response and outlook!

Glad it worked for you,really--just be careful on the 1/2 shift for a while

Not heard of it but be there for the diag and they'll take care of you. If not, move to a dealer who will. They are out there.

DaFreak

One thing I have found out in working at a dealer you will have brand new cars/trucks that will just break soon after they leave the show room.

Your dealer will take good care of your car and get it back to new sooner than you realize. We just had a new :happy feet:

Archived