TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire Size and Anti Lock / Traction Control

TicketMeBlue500

They are Michelin Pilot Sports that are a bit stickier in the cold than the stock Goodyears.

Have you verified for yourself that the G2's are not good in the cold, or are you going by the conventional wisdom on the forum(s)?

I'm asking because in the last week it's been 28-32 degrees here in Houston (when I go to work early in the morning) and so far I've had no problems with my '11 SVTPP. Sure I haven't been driving like a maniac either, but I haven't felt any sliding or fishtailing. It's a bit like driving in the rain - go easy on the throttle and you'll be fine.

Snow of course is likely a different matter, if that's your concern.

Coupled with the fact that I now have ~6500 miles on the G2s and they seem to have 50% of the tread left, I'm coming to the conclusion that they're not as bad as they're made out to be...

BTW: nice color combo - mine is identical!

I am not driving wild either, but would like to be able to use the pedal on the right more than the G2s allow. Getting the Michelins mounted this am....we'll see.

Have you verified for yourself that the G2's are not good in the cold, or are you going by the conventional wisdom on the forum(s)?

I'm asking because in the last week it's been 28-32 degrees here in Houston (when I go to work early in the morning) and so far I've had no problems with my '11 SVTPP. Sure I haven't been driving like a maniac either, but I haven't felt any sliding or fishtailing. It's a bit like driving in the rain - go easy on the throttle and you'll be fine.

Snow of course is likely a different matter, if that's your concern.

Coupled with the fact that I now have ~6500 miles on the G2s and they seem to have 50% of the tread left, I'm coming to the conclusion that they're not as bad as they're made out to be...

BTW: nice color combo - mine is identical!

Archived