TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who wants to go on a Chernobly Field Trip?

• 2 weeks later...

As someone that works in the "Industry," I can't think of anything that would get me over there other that professional curiosity.

Granted, it has been 25 years, most of the isotopes have decayed to a far lower level (Cesium-137 still has a 31 year half-life), but still...

The nukes in the U.S. have a program called ALARA - As Low As Reasonably Achievable. In essence, don't concentrate on your dose limit, whatever it may be, just try to get the least exposure possible.

That said, why would you go to an area where you knowingly are going to receive an unnecessary dose of radiation? :fool:

As someone that works in the "Industry," I can't think of anything that would get me over there other that professional curiosity.

Granted, it has been 25 years, most of the isotopes have decayed to a far lower level (Cesium-137 still has a 31 year half-life), but still...

The nukes in the U.S. have a program called ALARA - As Low As Reasonably Achievable. In essence, don't concentrate on your dose limit, whatever it may be, just try to get the least exposure possible.

That said, why would you go to an area where you knowingly are going to receive an unnecessary dose of radiation? :fool:

I think you would have to be very low on Brain Cells to go there. The Phrase "Thinning the heard" keeps coming to mind....... :hysterical:

QC, are you at CY?

Company I work for performed LCR/RVAIR at Trojan, RSNGS and SONGS 1 and recently did RH's at ST and PV.

QC, are you at CY?

Company I work for performed LCR/RVAIR at Trojan, RSNGS and SONGS 1 and recently did RH's at ST and PV.

I used to visit CY from time to time; they're just "down the road" from corporate.

Alas, CY is simply a grassy field now with a storage pad of cylindrical containers waiting for Yucca Mountain to open.

We make the Whole Body Counters, the gamma specs used in Chemistry, and the portals where you exit the RCA. (see www.canberra.com for a look)

Chances are, had you worked the east coast, our paths would have crossed!

This makes me wonder how the famlies of the conscript solders that died a horrible death from radition poisoning from putting the fires out and sealing the damaged reactor with concrete feel about this proposed "tourist attraction".

Oh wait, I just remembered that it's Russia that were talking about. That goverment could care less about what their people think.

This makes me wonder how the famlies of the conscript solders that died a horrible death from radition poisoning from putting the fires out and sealing the damaged reactor with concrete feel about this proposed "tourist attraction".

Oh wait, I just remembered that it's Russia that were talking about. That goverment could care less about what their people think.

Oh wait, you're wrong

I'm sure they feel no different than the families that lost there love ones in lower Manhattan on 911...

ChristmasNYC2010016.jpg

Archived