TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fasteners

davegt500

You need a trim removal took. It's kind of like a little spade fork that slides under the head and levers it up.

sounds like the same tool i use for removing carpet staples.Its about 4in long and has a kind of "nail remover" fork o the end--got mine at Ace Hardware

When I got my 2010 500 I took off the plastic radiator cover to clean bugs off of rad. I saw that the car is held together in many places by the same type of fastener. They looked like something I should have around in bulk just in case. I had Ford dealer parts guy look up and they didnt stock. I wanted to order a dozen or so spares. I forget the price but it was something outrageous like $4.00 a piece. Im kind of a spend thrift cause I believe in OEM stuff but that was stupid high! O'Reillys has some pretty close looking on a generic rack for really cheap so I loaded up. Just an FYI.

When I got my 2010 500 I took off the plastic radiator cover to clean bugs off of rad. I saw that the car is held together in many places by the same type of fastener. They looked like something I should have around in bulk just in case. I had Ford dealer parts guy look up and they didnt stock. I wanted to order a dozen or so spares. I forget the price but it was something outrageous like $4.00 a piece. Im kind of a spend thrift cause I believe in OEM stuff but that was stupid high! O'Reillys has some pretty close looking on a generic rack for really cheap so I loaded up. Just an FYI.

Thanks for info. Guess I better get some of those.

Doesn't the radiator cover use the reusable pins? On mine, 2010, I pull the center out until stop, carefull not to go to far, and then the pin comes right out. To put it back, push the pin in the hole then push the center pin in to lock.

Doesn't the radiator cover use the reusable pins? On mine, 2010, I pull the center out until stop, carefull not to go to far, and then the pin comes right out. To put it back, push the pin in the hole then push the center pin in to lock.

Yes, they are. I assumed we they were the same. You know what you get when you assume! That particular one is used in several places, though and they can get lost or goofed up when taking on and off. Just me, I suppose...........

Archived