TEAM SHELBY FORUM

11 Week Wait Over

HSURB

Due to Winter weather and salted roads, I have been unable to get my GT500 out since the first of December. Today was the day. We missed a predicted 4" of snow last night, and the roads were dry today.

To everyone waiting, just hold on, it's worth the wait. I hadn't driven the car in basically 11 weeks and completely forgot how dam much fun it is (although it scares me at times). I think it could be dangerous without the electronic traction control. Makes an average driver look half decent.

Today was like taking a second delivery. I just returned from cleaning up the car (the inevitable brake dust) and putting it away back in the building. The car is one of tne of the best decisions I've ever made.

When I returned, my wife wanted a ride. She couldn't believe how it still smelled new and how perfect everything still is on it. Plan on keeping that way for many years.

Spring is just around the corner. Look out.

HSURB

Man that sounds like a ton of fun. :happy feet:

I cant wait for my GOto arrive. :hyper:

I can't tell you what type of good mood that 1 hour this afternoon put me in. Heck, I'm almost excited for the work week to begin.

Second thought, I better have something to drink. :hysterical:

HSURB

Just came in from shoveling 3" of snow & read your post can`t wait for spring. Mine still smells new only got to drive it 98 kms.

They originally had us predicted for 4" to 8". Then they backed it down to 1" to 4". In the end, it totally missed us. Couldn't be happier.

I'm telling you, I hadn't driven it in so long, it was just like driving it for the first time, without any fear. I loved it. There's still too many rocks and gravel on the sides of the roads, so I put it up before something bad happened. But you're right, Spring is just around the corner and it is going to be one hell of a good time.

Enjoy and I hope your Spring breaks early.

HSURB

Archived