TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Kr

mustang freak

I found a used 2008 KR with 88 miles on it for a price of $ 53,000 not including tax.. I haven't purchased it yet. One prior owner. Any feed back on this price and what do you feel about the long term value of this car. They say it takes about 7 years for the value of the car to go back up..... wondering. I also own a 40th Anniversay CSN # 0700076

Ron

Florida

That price is fairly close to current market value right now. The value increase is very subjective and there really is no magic timeframe for values to move upwards.

The KR is a special vehicle and if you want the car than my advice to you is get it ! There is no better time to buy one.

Before you make a deal though make sure it comes with all the items that came with the KR when new. There are a number of items that are non-replaceable so you want to make sure they haven't been lost.

There is a post on here listing all the items so review that list and if everything is there go for it!

Andy

I found a used 2008 KR with 88 miles on it for a price of $ 53,000 not including tax.. I haven't purchased it yet. One prior owner. Any feed back on this price and what do you feel about the long term value of this car. They say it takes about 7 years for the value of the car to go back up..... wondering. I also own a 40th Anniversay CSN # 0700076

Ron

Florida

Ron,

I just bought an 08 KR on Monday. I think it will well worth 53K. I paid 52K plus tax. Mine had 19 miles on it. This car is awesome. you will not regret it. :superhero::salute:

Ron

Florida

Ron,

RealOne created this list. These are for the most part the items you want to make sure come with the car as they are basically not available anymore:

1. KR certificate of authenticity

2. GT500 window sticker noting "Not Legal for Sale" noting the car was shipped through Shelby Automobiles Las Vegas then shipped to the original dealer where the KR was sold.

3. Shelby American window sticker for the KR

4. Select Dealer letter from Ford Marketing noting the inclusion of the Certificate of Authenticity.

5. Shelby GT500KR supplement owners manual in addition to the standard manuals and booklets for the GT500.

6.Shelby Automobiles invitation to purchase GT500KR print artwork signed by CS

7. Shelby watch advertisment.

8. Zmax pamphlet

9. Blue Shelby Automobiles "As altered" sticker on door jam drivers side.

10. Team Shelby poster card reminding you to register your KR with Team Shelby.

Other special items. KR ID plate under hood and on dash, brake duct cooling kit in truck (hopefully not installed), 2 Wheel lock key tools with instructions in glove box.

Also:

KR engine fluid caps

Shelby front floor mats

Good luck and post some photos of #110 once you get it!

Andy

I agree with Eagledriver and Realone on the list. Some may have had the option of the car cover. That would be listed on the window sticker.

Also, if yoiu want a KR, that is a good price - Get It!! Very low miles and a lot off the $83,000 sticker price. I have heard many times that the first 7-8 years a car will lose value and if it has potential to appreciate, it will then begin to appreciate. That is based on averages. Could be a little later or a little earlier. I beleive this KR will appreciate significantly after that time period.

Thanks Andy and Shelbypt and Eagledriver..... You guys are a great help. The information is invaluable. I'm a new member here and it is wonderful that your guys are so quick to respond with so much information. I haven't closed the deal yet, because I asked the Ford Salesman to check the car for certain paperwork and of course he hasn't called back yet.

If you're ever in Florida especially West palm Beach, Please feel free to contact me. I'm a Detective Sergeant in WPB and I would love to show you and your family around .

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Ron

My advice is get it. If there are some pieces of paperwork missing don't let that break the deal because the next guy's going to have it parked in his garage with a big smile on his face. Mine didnt come with,

I dont even know what the zmax pamphlet is and have no idea about the as altered sticker. Alot of people on here are missing pieces here and there as dealers just tossed these things around. My brake duct kit was missing also, I purchased one later but in no way would I of ever thought twice about this car. One look at it with the intention to purchase just hypnotizes and sucks you in. Go get it!

Thanks Andy and Shelbypt and Eagledriver..... You guys are a great help. The information is invaluable. I'm a new member here and it is wonderful that your guys are so quick to respond with so much information. I haven't closed the deal yet, because I asked the Ford Salesman to check the car for certain paperwork and of course he hasn't called back yet.

If you're ever in Florida especially West palm Beach, Please feel free to contact me. I'm a Detective Sergeant in WPB and I would love to show you and your family around .

Ron

My advice is get it. If there are some pieces of paperwork missing don't let that break the deal because the next guy's going to have it parked in his garage with a big smile on his face. Mine didnt come with,

I dont even know what the zmax pamphlet is and have no idea about the as altered sticker. Alot of people on here are missing pieces here and there as dealers just tossed these things around. My brake duct kit was missing also, I purchased one later but in no way would I of ever thought twice about this car. One look at it with the intention to purchase just hypnotizes and sucks you in. Go get it!

I have to say that I love my KR. It is a joy to drive and as many have said probably one of the best looking Mustangs ever produced. Its power and performance are tremendous and I believe its a better balanced package then the SS. To me the KR has that "it" factor the SS does not have eventhough the SS is more powerful and aesthetically more attention getting with those 20" wheels. Of course thats MHO. The KR is the "Big Daddy" of Mustangs eventhough some may boast more power or sharper handling. At the end of the day there is only one King and its the KR .

Saturday I let my son drive the KR. I was outside when he returned with it. I have to say it is a very handsome Mustang and seems to strike that perfect balance between looking muscular and aggressive without looking overstated. Aggressive yet classy but not over the top in appearance...and with that exhaust note....the KR is perfect in my mind. Just right to borrow a phrase. Hard to explain in words but I think you guys know what I'm saying.

With only 1600 examples ever produced and probably the last of the pre title Shelbys ever chances are it will be viewed as a special car in the future even more so then now. MHO.

Ron

I think you will find everyone here more than eager to help. We all love the KR for many reasons. There are some really smart people here that really know these cars. They are always available to bounce thoughts off of.

We all hope it works out for you and you end up with this amazing maching in your garage. Best of luck and Merry Christmas!

For everyone that has responded and there are many......... I thank you all for all your inspiring advise and I think after hearing from everyone, I probably will close the deal. It will be the silver kr and Car # 110. I will post pictures if and when I commit . Again thanks to everyone........... Happy Holidays

Ron

2007 GT 500 Vista blue/satin silver stripes 40th Anniversary CSN 00076

1999 Red Cobra convertible

For everyone that has responded and there are many......... I thank you all for all your inspiring advise and I think after hearing from everyone, I probably will close the deal. It will be the silver kr and Car # 110. I will post pictures if and when I commit . Again thanks to everyone........... Happy Holidays

Ron

2007 GT 500 Vista blue/satin silver stripes 40th Anniversary CSN 00076

1999 Red Cobra convertible

Congrats MFreak! I've got the 110th '68KR built! maybe we should trade '08's .....

Hey Tom and Ron,

I've got a great idea!! Both of you should bring your KRs to the "Hall of Kings" in Carlisle,PA this June for the Ford Nationals! We have pristine examples of all 3 years of KRs that will be on display. We don't have any "identical" numbered 68-08 combinations and I think it would be a neat attraction along with the other great KRs that will be on display.

Summer road trip guys? :shift:

Andy

Hey Tom and Ron,

I've got a great idea!! Both of you should bring your KRs to the "Hall of Kings" in Carlisle,PA this June for the Ford Nationals! We have pristine examples of all 3 years of KRs that will be on display. We don't have any "identical" numbered 68-08 combinations and I think it would be a neat attraction along with the other great KRs that will be on display.

Summer road trip guys? :shift:

Andy

As appealing as that sounds, and as great as the "gathering" will be, it just isn't geographically possible for me....so I will rely on viewing the pix, post event...

Well I closed on the deal. I will getting my KR # 110 very soon. I have to find a transport company to bring the KR to Florida. The KR event sounds pretty cool. I might consider bringing the car to the event. Keep me updated if you can.

Ron

Cool, keep me posted, perhaps we can get together.......I often go to the car show Friday nights in RPB or Wellington.

Well I closed on the deal. I will getting my KR # 110 very soon. I have to find a transport company to bring the KR to Florida. The KR event sounds pretty cool. I might consider bringing the car to the event. Keep me updated if you can.

Ron

Way Cool! We have another KR owner and a low CSM#. Congratulations, we look forward to seeing those pictures and possibly meeting you in Carlisle Pa.

When you drive it for the first time, remember to breathe!! :drool:

And my advice is to the GT500 guys when they drive their car is "Keep it between the lines"

Have fun...:shift:

Ron

Ron,

Congrats on the purchase. You will never regret it. Listen, go with the transport company below. Trust me. I have had 3 Shelby's delivered and can tell you war stories. One company when I was trying to save a couple bucks delivered my Shelby GT Convertible and when it came I found the rocker tape worn off down to the paint and the retard didnt realize the car was low and pulled the car to forward on the carrier and messed up the front. Cost me $3000 on top of the delivery and I couldn't take it so I sold the car right after I fixed it. So use horsless, trust me. If you want to talk about my experiences with the transport shoot me an e-mail. I see you also work civil service, I am a Professional Firefighter here in NY so we can also swap stories. :salute:

http://www.horselesscarriage.com/

As you can see on the carrier the rocker stripe is fine and this is what it looked like when it got to me.

Shelbydamage001.jpg

Shelbydamage2002.jpg

Shelbydamage002.jpg

Scott001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well Congrats! I paid $59,999 on a $87,000 sticker and these prices continue to drop. Just doesn't seem right for these cars but I guess we should be happy. Wish I could get a Ford GT for a dropped price like the KR. Enjoy. Which company did you use for shipping?

[Happy Holidays to all. My 2008 KR will be arriving in a couple of days from Troy Michigan. I noticed that there was a 2008kr on ebay for $48000 buy now. It was, i think car #610 with 1600 miles. Why are the prices dropping so low. I bought my for $53,500 car number 110 with 88 miles?.

Archived