TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's that time of year again....

sgt1020

Well, winter is certainly here. :cold: Took the car out today, got her washed, topped the fuel tank off with gas, put sta-bil fuel in and tucked her away in the garage. Won't be coming out till March when the salt is off the roads. It's going to rain here tomorrow and most likely turn to freezing rain, aka ice and most likely the salt will be dumped all over the roads. :rant2:

Post a picture of your SGT all tucked away in the garage, nice and warm .(Not really warm, but you get the idea).

The one thing we have not put away around here is the sunscreen - tomorrow is to be sunny and 77 degrees.

Jim

I envy you; it only got up to 72 today in central texas ! :hysterical:

Well, winter is certainly here. :cold: Took the car out today, got her washed, topped the fuel tank off with gas, put sta-bil fuel in and tucked her away in the garage. Won't be coming out till March when the salt is off the roads. It's going to rain here tomorrow and most likely turn to freezing rain, aka ice and most likely the salt will be dumped all over the roads. :rant2:

Post a picture of your SGT all tucked away in the garage, nice and warm .(Not really warm, but you get the idea).

I alway put fuel Stabilizer in all my gas equipment all year round just for safety. In case they dont get used the gas will be safe. I drive my car all year round.

Yes, you definitely suck.

But there is a story to it. It's not my fault. It's my parents' fault. You see, my Dad was a Marine in WW II but he and my Mom grew up farm kids in Minnesota. On his way to the South Pacific, my Dad came through San Diego in what passes for the Winter time. He took one look, called my Mom back in Minnesota (and that was expensive back then) and told her that if he survived the South Pacific, he was coming home, marrying her and they were both moving to San Diego. They did just that . . . along with about a million other people. I was born here.

And I just got back from a run along San Diego Bay. Have to go now and wipe off all the sweat. I know, I know. I will do it to myself and save everyone the trouble. :redcard::chairshot::slapfight::boxing::club::censored:

Jim

Hey make sure you dont sun by that fault line it could be a killer !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

You know, in all seriousness, we are sooooooooo over due for a big one. And over the last year we have gotten a few teasers that don't make the national news -- as recently as two days ago. When it happens, come dig me out of the rubble, okay? Or at least dig out the Shelby.

Jim

But there is a story to it. It's not my fault. It's my parents' fault. You see, my Dad was a Marine in WW II but he and my Mom grew up farm kids in Minnesota. On his way to the South Pacific, my Dad came through San Diego in what passes for the Winter time. He took one look, called my Mom back in Minnesota (and that was expensive back then) and told her that if he survived the South Pacific, he was coming home, marrying her and they were both moving to San Diego. They did just that . . . along with about a million other people. I was born here.

And I just got back from a run along San Diego Bay. Have to go now and wipe off all the sweat. I know, I know. I will do it to myself and save everyone the trouble. :redcard::chairshot::slapfight::boxing::club::censored:

Jim

I hope you sweat your a-- off. :rant2:

Only kiddin just jealous . Wait for spring.

I hope you sweat your a-- off. :rant2:

Tough crowd! I have a serious question, though. Is there an agreed upon latitude north of which you are pretty much going to have to put your Shelby away or is it more variable than that?

Jim

You know, in all seriousness, we are sooooooooo over due for a big one. And over the last year we have gotten a few teasers that don't make the national news -- as recently as two days ago. When it happens, come dig me out of the rubble, okay? Or at least dig out the Shelby.

Jim

I have a special tool already made for your rescue all I need is 5 cans of beans and a torch. I will melt you out but their is a risk of you becoming addicted to the smell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

DSCN0832.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

All tucked away for the winter. (The palm tree makes it 40 degrees warmer in the garage btw) :hysterical:

When are going to invite me over ???? You can trust me ask Wicked shelby I promise to leave when you tell me too but if you like for free. I can live in your garage and keep everything nice and clean. PLEASE !!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Jim, move to Jersey! We need more SGT's here!!! :gang:

I agree. 90% of my friends have trucks and imports here in somerset, NJ. It would be kool to do a cruise with other Shelby's !!!

Jeff

I agree. 90% of my friends have trucks and imports here in somerset, NJ. It would be kool to do a cruise with other Shelby's !!!

Jeff

Jeff, where have you been?!?! I think I may have seen you in somerville once or twice. Not unless that was a different black SGT. lol I'm in somerset too. (Bridgewater) to be specific. We need to get some cruises together. I know two other SGT guys besides you. (Well now that I know you live in NJ.) :happy feet: :dance:

Jeff, where have you been?!?! I think I may have seen you in somerville once or twice. Not unless that was a different black SGT. lol I'm in somerset too. (Bridgewater) to be specific. We need to get some cruises together. I know two other SGT guys besides you. (Well now that I know you live in NJ.) :happy feet: :dance:

Thats awesome!! I got my SGT from MO, in July. I didn't make it to somerville this year because i didn't want to make my father feel bad because since earlier this year his 69 gt500 has been smearing cam bearings which has caused oil blockages to the rockers and filling the engine with metal. Long story short we haven't found a solution yet and many engine builders are stumped by our problem. And then in the fall i had a class friday nights so i was screwed there. Next year i'll be hitting up somerville. With the salt i'm keeping in the garage but ur welcome to come see it and i would like to see yours as well !! Maybe we can meet for lunch and then go check out each others cars soon.

What about guys like me who will park their cars for say 2-6 weeks mabe then get a chance to drive it a few days. Would It be wise to still use stabil fuel in my car? If so I will pick some up tomorrow and I guess It would be good to use in my streetbike too huh?

Hey NJ guys, YEA!

New guy here, sorry no Shelby only a nice blue '98 Cobra conv. "SGT1020" your garage is AWESOME! I love the Razors on your SGT, very nice.

What about guys like me who will park their cars for say 2-6 weeks mabe then get a chance to drive it a few days. Would It be wise to still use stabil fuel in my car? If so I will pick some up tomorrow and I guess It would be good to use in my streetbike too huh?

If you have the same tank of fuel all winter it's a good idea, but I would think running the car every few weeks with a good warm up would move the gas through the system and prevent any of the classic gumming issues. With todays fuels having so many additives I would think your ok doing that. Basicly I do the same thing as you starting it every few weeks. I also run the tank to about 1/4 tank before the winter storage and when we get a decent warm day and the salt is washed away from a good rainfall I take it to get another 1/4 tank with fresh fuel. Be sure to move the car to avoid flat spots in the tires. Call me crazy but, I keep it parked on thick plush carpeting to avoid the concrete from dry rotting the tires prematurely. My neighbors and friends think I'm obsessed. I say, yea and....

Thats awesome!! I got my SGT from MO, in July. I didn't make it to somerville this year because i didn't want to make my father feel bad because since earlier this year his 69 gt500 has been smearing cam bearings which has caused oil blockages to the rockers and filling the engine with metal. Long story short we haven't found a solution yet and many engine builders are stumped by our problem. And then in the fall i had a class friday nights so i was screwed there. Next year i'll be hitting up somerville. With the salt i'm keeping in the garage but ur welcome to come see it and i would like to see yours as well !! Maybe we can meet for lunch and then go check out each others cars soon.

Def sounds like a plan to me! I'll send you my phone # in a PM. And yes, my car is tucked away until it rains and warms up. Getting ready to do some work to it as well in march. Where in Somerset county are you?

Archived