TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got Rear Ended Today!!!! WTF

Oh well. The first 30 day report on my car will have to wait as on day 29 of ownership, I was rear ended while stopped in traffic. Needless to say, I'm quite annoyed. The young kid that hit me was not paying attention and jammed on the brakes and lock them up then I looked in my rear view mirror as he took both hands off the wheel and smashed my friggin car. I'm totally disgusted I hope his insurance (Geico) totals the car at full value so I can order another car - and wait another friggin year! I cannot drive a collector car like this knowing it's current and future value has been ruined. Taken out by a 2003 Chevy Impala. If the car is gonna be wrecked, at least let me wreck it on the track.

You gotta be kidding me that this just happened to me.

post-27177-019407100 1292097388_thumb.jpg

post-27177-019407100 1292097388_thumb.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that just plain sucks!! I think we all worry about somebody hitting are cars. I hope the kid that hit you has enough coverage to pay for the car. I think in TX you only required to keep $25K in property damage for car insurance. It maybe worth calling his insurer to see what his limits are. I sure hope they give you a new car as it would be hard to keep it knowing it had been wrecked.

Good Luck getting this resolved.

SVT

this is my worst fear - so sorry - if it isn't totaled -why not fix it and get it back on the road to ENJOY it?

just my opinion, but why own one of these beauties only to never drive it? it's a risk we take but I can't let fear deter me from enjoying my car.

hope it works out and your car is fixed good as new

this is my worst fear - so sorry - if it isn't totaled -why not fix it and get it back on the road to ENJOY it?

just my opinion, but why own one of these beauties only to never drive it? it's a risk we take but I can't let fear deter me from enjoying my car.

hope it works out and your car is fixed good as new

thanks. i do enjoy the crap out of all my cars. in fact, in 29 days of ownership i already have 3500 miles on her. just very disappointing.

Man that just plain sucks!! I think we all worry about somebody hitting are cars. I hope the kid that hit you has enough coverage to pay for the car. I think in TX you only required to keep $25K in property damage for car insurance. It maybe worth calling his insurer to see what his limits are. I sure hope they give you a new car as it would be hard to keep it knowing it had been wrecked.

Good Luck getting this resolved.

SVT

Geico already called me and he has 100k/300k coverage so we should be good.

sorry to hear this and see this,,,parts are " out of stock " and are on back order will take six to eight weeks, :cry:

i spoke with roger already today and he said he would try and work with me the best they can to supply the shelby parts but my bigger fear if getting the ford parts.

Archived