TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRONT END NOISE

CITYSOUND

hello, hope someone can help me. live in nys, and have not driven car for about 3 weeks, has been sitting out side in cold. today it was about 30 and i decided to give it a wash.put car in reverse with wheels turned and front end sounded as though the tires were binding /draging once every revolution of the tire. tried turning wheel other way and it did same thing. to me the car is not out of allignment but tires seem to make a low thud sound and i can feel it in the steering wheel on each revolution of the tire. ford mechanic told me welcome to electronic steering. does cold weather have this effect. ps i also noticed that when my car came off trick, it was marked on windshied ball joint ok

hello, hope someone can help me. live in nys, and have not driven car for about 3 weeks, has been sitting out side in cold. today it was about 30 and i decided to give it a wash.put car in reverse with wheels turned and front end sounded as though the tires were binding /draging once every revolution of the tire. tried turning wheel other way and it did same thing. to me the car is not out of allignment but tires seem to make a low thud sound and i can feel it in the steering wheel on each revolution of the tire. ford mechanic told me welcome to electronic steering. does cold weather have this effect. ps i also noticed that when my car came off trick, it was marked on windshied ball joint ok

Sounds to me that tires are flat spotted. Will go away, but not until it gets warmer and tires come up to temperature. If it's gonna sit in cold for a while (or warm weather for that matter) you may want to consider over inflating the tires. Mines been sitting for about 5 weeks and will be until Aprilish. Inflatted to 42lbs to help prevent flat spots.

Sounds to me that tires are flat spotted. Will go away, but not until it gets warmer and tires come up to temperature. If it's gonna sit in cold for a while (or warm weather for that matter) you may want to consider over inflating the tires. Mines been sitting for about 5 weeks and will be until Aprilish. Inflatted to 42lbs to help prevent flat spots.

dont understand when car is going straight there is no noise only when you make a turn. another way to describe it is that wheels are going in opposite directions and when they line up, you get a weird feeling/sound.like something is trying to snap back in place

dont understand when car is going straight there is no noise only when you make a turn. another way to describe it is that wheels are going in opposite directions and when they line up, you get a weird feeling/sound.like something is trying to snap back in place

more pressure on tires during a turn, so flat spot will resist more.Just drive it around for a while--when that happens to me on my outside car,it can take 30-45 minutes to go away.BTW-do put more pressure in the tires--ill bet they got down to 25psi just sitting--did you check??Put 35 in them

Archived