TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long for Sills?

I ordered mine Nov 30th, they arrived today in the UK.

Thanks to Shelby for looking after the European owners.

Best Regards

Yeah Id like to thank Shelby for making door sills look like the building of the space shuttle and for looking out for US buyers who over spent on a car that should of had these things on the car when it was biult in a shorter time than these sills are taking. Ordered Oct. in the US and STILL waiting! Even though I lost interest and will never install them. Just the point. Ill sell them for $75 if I could.

something is out of whack here. I ordered mine, was told 6-8 weeks and they came in in that time frame. And I am in CANADA!!! I have ordered a lot of items from Shelby, like most here and I have had only 1 problem. It was with one of their suppliers and they bent over backwards to get it resolved which they did.

something is out of whack here. I ordered mine, was told 6-8 weeks and they came in in that time frame. And I am in CANADA!!! I have ordered a lot of items from Shelby, like most here and I have had only 1 problem. It was with one of their suppliers and they bent over backwards to get it resolved which they did.

Yes, somethng is out of wack! I think those that ordered 1st were put in the bottom of the pile, everyone else was put on top. Shouldn't it be first in first out ???? :confused:

Still waiting.............. but had enough. Bought and installed Shelby sill plates from A.M. I guess the best thing that happened from my 5 month wait for sills is

that there is no way after all of this that I'm going to do the KR post title upgrade package, because how long do you think they would have my car to install that package? Ron

Cannot say how disgusted I am with this order. If you can't produce a BS little part like this within 17 weeks and counting... THEN DONT SELL IT! When it comes in it goes right in the garbage, as a matter of fact if anyone from Shelby reads this just keep the part. I dont want it. Make a donation to Shelby's fund.

Yeah Id like to thank Shelby for making door sills look like the building of the space shuttle and for looking out for US buyers who over spent on a car that should of had these things on the car when it was biult in a shorter time than these sills are taking. Ordered Oct. in the US and STILL waiting! Even though I lost interest and will never install them. Just the point. Ill sell them for $75 if I could.

Sorry I didn't intend to indicate Shelby were looking after European owners over US owners. I'm just grateful that now they ship to Europe whereas before they didn't. Otherwise it would be very difficult for us to keep our cars running let alone do upgrades like these.

I hope you get your part soon.

Have to say I worry about the general availability of the parts - I hope they continue to be made and to be made available - for example the KR fuse box covers?

Best Regards

Alex

Can someone show a picture of what these sill plates look like? I have a 2008 KR and want to know if I can order a set. Are the 2008s readily available and the 2009s the ones that are delayed? Who do I talk to at Shelby America to look into this? I think the SVT plates look bad and need an upgrade for sure. What are you spending for these? Is it worth it for me to place an order?

TDSHELBY

Can someone show a picture of what these sill plates look like? I have a 2008 KR and want to know if I can order a set. Are the 2008s readily available and the 2009s the ones that are delayed? Who do I talk to at Shelby America to look into this? I think the SVT plates look bad and need an upgrade for sure. What are you spending for these? Is it worth it for me to place an order?

TDSHELBY

Here is a link to a picture of the door sills. www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60721-gt500kr-door-sill-plates-now-available-through-spp. I have a 2008 and it only took 2 weeks to get mine. It does seem that it is the 2009 that are having a problem. They are made to order so it might take a little while to get yours. I do not remeber what I paid for them.

Can someone show a picture of what these sill plates look like? I have a 2008 KR and want to know if I can order a set. 2008s readilAre the y available and the 2009s the ones that are delayed? Who do I talk to at Shelby America to look into this? I think the SVT plates look bad and need an upgrade for sure. What are you spending for these? Is it worth it for me to place an order?

TDSHELBY

The 2009 are delayed, thats a under statement, on Thursday it will be 6 months for 2 custom made plates and all you get from Shelby is it take time. Well I would have believe that if there where no other 09 Kr owners that already got there plates and all of them ordered after me. I gave up on calling because all you get is a different answer every time you call. I don't know how many Kr upgrade packages and super snake packages where done in 6 months but I guess they mail you your sill plates some time in the future. There is really no excuse for 6 months wait. They started at 4 to 6 weeks and then 6 to 8 weeks and here I am on week 26 on Thursday March 17th. You have a 08 so you will get yours before I see my 09. Ron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The wait was just rediculious and I lost all interest in the part so I cancelled and purchased the Signature mats and trunk liner. OH! Just so happens that my sill plates came in the day after I cancelled. If they would of offered me a discount on the sills I would of probably took them but I guess they have a set they cant use unless they rub out the csm#.

Scotty, I cringe to ask but did you ever receive your sill plates?

I got my set of sill plates recently and was wondering what is underneath the original sill plates on the KR scuff plates. Does it say "Mustang" or is just blank and flat. I bought a separate set if scuff plates to put the new sill plates on and keep the originals in tact. The problem is they say "Mustang" in the space where the plates go and the new sill plates don't fit in flush. Does anyone have this issue? Thanks, Jason

I got my set of sill plates recently and was wondering what is underneath the original sill plates on the KR scuff plates. Does it say "Mustang" or is just blank and flat. I bought a separate set if scuff plates to put the new sill plates on and keep the originals in tact. The problem is they say "Mustang" in the space where the plates go and the new sill plates don't fit in flush. Does anyone have this issue? Thanks, Jason

When I pulled the SVT sill plates off to install my new ones, it did just say Mustang on the original. Unlike others here, I had no issues putting in the new ones. They fit like a glove.

Archived