TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long for Sills?

Odered mine on 9/17 and still no plates, called and they said maybe by Christmas, thats maybe. Ron

Something wrong there (kinda like the waiter forgetting to put your order in)

Not to get you fired up, but I ordered mine on Nov 30, they shipped one week later on Dec 7.

Something is wrong here. If you ordered and recieved them already there is no reason why we are waiting 8 weeks. How is it possible you ordered Nov 30th and recieved them already. They must have forgotten or did not put the order in. It's just not possible, the order is the order it has to be made in. Someone on TS should check into this.

Something wrong there (kinda like the waiter forgetting to put your order in)

Not to get you fired up, but I ordered mine on Nov 30, they shipped one week later on Dec 7.

Something is wrong here. If you ordered and recieved them already there is no reason why we are waiting 8 weeks. How is it possible you ordered Nov 30th and recieved them already. They must have forgotten or did not put the order in. It's just not possible, the order is the order it has to be made in. Someone on TS should check into this.

I did call for the third time and they said mine was on hold because they didn't know if I wanted vin # or csm # on the plates. I thought I was clear the first time but I guess not, another 2 weeks for me, hope this helps. Ron

• 3 weeks later...

That's odd...I just ordered mine Jan 3rd and received them Jan 10th....is there an issue with your order somehow?

Last time I talked to Shelby on 1/3/11 and they told me the 08 were pre made with the csm#, I guessing all but the last four numbers. Some 09 were made. but now the are waiting for more plates. Ron

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered mine prior to Christmas and checked on status last Friday. I spoke to Cam and he told me a turn around of 6-8 weeks, but that they are custom made so the wait time varies....and sooo I'm still waiting. :doh:

I actually tried to cancel today. 2 reasons, I was just dissapointed in the time frame and realized why should I touch anything on exactly the way the car was built. I know I could change it but just seems a little more involved even if it's with tape. Anyway, they said they were expecting a shipment today of sill plates. Just wanted to let waiting people know should be anyday now.

Glad you didn't cancel...I agree that wait time is very frustrating but it really isn't typical of Shellby Parts. I also considered the leave original vs slightly modifying issue....I have done a handful of styling mods only to personalize the car a bit and have taken careful steps to be able to return it to 100% stock if I ever wanted to....like ordering a new set of sill plastics so that the originals could be put back with no effect whatsoever. In my opinion the interior is the part of this car that needs some upgrades. The 07-09 black interiors are kind of boring...and a few little upgrades really dress it up.

It's all personal choice of course but I think you made a great call.

Glad you didn't cancel...I agree that wait time is very frustrating but it really isn't typical of Shellby Parts. I also considered the leave original vs slightly modifying issue....I have done a handful of styling mods only to personalize the car a bit and have taken careful steps to be able to return it to 100% stock if I ever wanted to....like ordering a new set of sill plastics so that the originals could be put back with no effect whatsoever. In my opinion the interior is the part of this car that needs some upgrades. The 07-09 black interiors are kind of boring...and a few little upgrades really dress it up.

It's all personal choice of course but I think you made a great call.

I agree but the more I think about it why do I have to purchase new sills and replace them. If you or I were about to purchase this car and knew the part was changed, probably wouldn't stop me but I would go into it having degraded thoughts of the car. Just wouldn't want the car touched. I know this part is not major but the car came with SVT on them straight from Ford. I will not replace it but will keep the part.

Archived