TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Shelby 350 Package"???

Bushmaster

Uh, yep...

not really sure what it qualifies as... (if anything other than a modded GT)

Probably just a way to get more views (from folks looking for real Shelbys).

I wonder how many people actually buy stuff like this, thinking they're getting the real deal. Not like there's any shortage of dummies in this country, and as they say, "a fool and his money......"

From the auction description:

THIS IS A 2007 MUSTANG GT WITH A SHEBLY 350 INSTALLED BY A FORD DEALER .

Sounds like a Ford dealer needs to receieve a letter from Shelby Licensing.

Steve

Steve, speaking of Shelby Licensing................ is there any way you can post up a List of all the Businesses Licensed by Shelby?

Steve, speaking of Shelby Licensing................ is there any way you can post up a List of all the Businesses Licensed by Shelby?

David

I'm not sure that can be done. I'm thinking there could be privacy issues. It would be best for you to ask Shelby Licensing directly about this.

Steve

I just sent the seller a message asking him what, exactly, is the "Shelby 350 package" and if it was installed at an authorized Shelby shop. Should be interesting to see what the response (if any) is - I'll post it here if I get a reply.

His response:

When the Mustang was bought at Jordan Ford, all the upgrades were done at time of Sale. They are a Shelby Dealer. This car is Not numbered, but the parts are Shelby. The Hood, Grill, bumper, spoiler, Wheels, seat markings, floor mats, and rear trunk cap. I have driven the car, which we just took in on trade, and it is very quick, so I think there has been performance upgrades, too. The shifter is a Hurst. It originally had racing stripes, but were removed because they did not hold up.

I thought the car looked cool but it was the "Shebly" name that got my attention. You know Shebly--he's that guy from LA (lower Alabama) that does VERY limited modifications to Mustangs....very rare, very rare indeed. I belive he got his start putting a small block Ford engine into a Austin Healey and equipping it with 4 wheel drive and mudders. I think I'll buy it as an investment. Mothball it for 10-15 years and then roll it across the B-J block and retire on my earnings!

I thought the car looked cool but it was the "Shebly" name that got my attention. You know Shebly--he's that guy from LA (lower Alabama) that does VERY limited modifications to Mustangs....very rare, very rare indeed. I belive he got his start putting a small block Ford engine into a Austin Healey and equipping it with 4 wheel drive and mudders. I think I'll buy it as an investment. Mothball it for 10-15 years and then roll it across the B-J block and retire on my earnings!

Didn't old Shebly collaborate with Junior Lingerfelten on this historic (or was that hysteric?) piece of automotive history?

car944.jpg

His response:

When the Mustang was bought at Jordan Ford, all the upgrades were done at time of Sale. They are a Shelby Dealer. This car is Not numbered, but the parts are Shelby. The Hood, Grill, bumper, spoiler, Wheels, seat markings, floor mats, and rear trunk cap. I have driven the car, which we just took in on trade, and it is very quick, so I think there has been performance upgrades, too. The shifter is a Hurst. It originally had racing stripes, but were removed because they did not hold up.

I got news for him, those are not Shelby Wheels and that is not a Shelby Trunk Cap. Is there any Ford Dealerships that are NOT allowed to sell a New Shelby or do they have to be an SVT Dealership.

I got news for him, those are not Shelby Wheels and that is not a Shelby Trunk Cap. Is there any Ford Dealerships that are NOT allowed to sell a New Shelby or do they have to be an SVT Dealership.

I didnt know Airaid is a Shelby part .... who knew????

:headscratch:

Jordan has been doing this for years....

While they do a great job servicing us, and have a customer friendly reputation, they are "overly ambitious" when it comes to throwing together "tribute" mustangs and clones.

I know a guy who bought a "BOSS" 2010 in Grabber Blue. I asked the guy about it, and he said he hated the color, but couldnt pass up buying a BOSS. :redcard:

I remember feeling sorry for the guy, because now he just bought a car that throws him into the "poser" class. And he ended up with a 2010 GT with the 4.6, instead of the 5.0 if he could have just waited a bit longer. But he didnt know.

Right after I bought my GT500 Red Stripe, I would see another one, but a coupe on the highway ALL THE TIME. My brother passed him one day and called me, and since the guy was headed my way I went out to the highway at the end of my street, and he was just driving by, so I got in behind him and followed him. He had a Jordan Ford badge, and the car was exactly what mine was in looks, and he had all of the badging and hood and front and rear dampers, and then he turned in front of me, and I saw the side stripes- "GT350". Really, a Shelby GT350 back in 2008...hmmm

I wasnt thrilled about that. I wondered if Shelby would have a problem with that, but I have seen probably a dozen GT350 tributes over the years here locally, so, it is what it is.

Archived