TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lower grill installation

How do I attach the lower grill I just purchased for my 2008 SGT? it didnt come with any screws but

yet it does have a one pre-drilled hole on both ends of the grill brackets.

If this does indeed call for screws to install what kind and what size screw should I use?

I am embarrassed to ask but I just dont want to screw this UP!!

:headscratch:

well.... not sure if this is "correct", but what i did, was to rivet it on. I held the grill in place, and guessed where the grill "tabs" were and drilled thru the facia into the grill tabs, one at a time, and riveted each hole as i went. i did all 4 corners. IF you have an intercooler, don't push too hard on the drill OR put something behind the grill to absorb the drill bit if it goes thru too hard. I just took my time and let the bit do the work, and it went quickly and safely...

No reason to try and use the pre-drilled holes on that grill in my opinion, just makes it harder to install...

good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

i used small bolts, nuts and lock washers. (all stainless)

not that hard to do. and a little dremel drill for easy to reach access to drill holes. my dad did the drilling while i held the grill centered and level.

puttin the bolts on where a sinch.

good tip: always better to have couple extra hands. even for this tiny project

• 2 weeks later...

I also used screws and nuts and lock washers, all stainless. I think it would make it easier to take out for cleaning or what ever. Get an extra pair of hands for holding while drilling. Rick

• 4 years later...

Post to an old thread with good instructions from Grabber:

I just dropped my Shelby off to have a lower grill installation done at Twin City Collision in Texarkana. I would not let anyone else work on my car. I actually left it for three minor projects.

Installation of the lower Shelby grill insert

installation of clear front turn signals for the appearance of driving lights with clear bulbs and yellow turn signal bulbs

Installation of new Shelby GT logo Billet hood pin disks, new screws, gaskets, and replacement lanyards.

Grabber did his lower grill install without pulling the bumper, I asked them to pull the bumper off, which is really no big deal and it will make the grill install easier. I have no idea how the clear turn signal project will look. Keeping stock parts always.

I will post up some pics when I get it done. For those asking why I am changing out the Shelby GT hood pin disks, over the years with the lanyards flopping around they were slightly worn and like most of us am to anal to have anything not just perfect. Didn't have the time or rivets and rivet tool to do the grill install project. The body shop will do it right.

I came close and I mean close to installing a stock black Ford GT 2008 rear deck wing I have had for 6 years, but just could not bring myself to do it, even though at times when I see a Shelby GT-H, I think it looks really cool.

I did use Grabbers post to show them how the grill cover fit from the back. Zackman & Springer are responsible for this project after talking me into the lower grill purchase.

Regards..... GG

I just dropped my Shelby off to have a lower grill installation done at Twin City Collision in Texarkana. I would not let anyone else work on my car. I actually left it for three minor projects.

installation of clear front turn signals for the appearance of driving lights with clear bulbs and yellow turn signal bulbs

Installation of new Shelby GT logo Billet hood pin disks, new screws, gaskets, and replacement lanyards.

Grabber did his lower grill install without pulling the bumper, I asked them to pull the bumper off, which is really no big deal and it will make the grill install easier. I have no idea how the clear turn signal project will look. Keeping stock parts always.

I will post up some pics when I get it done. For those asking why I am changing out the Shelby GT hood pin disks, over the years with the lanyards flopping around they were slightly worn and like most of us am to anal to have anything not just perfect. Didn't have the time or rivets and rivet tool to do the grill install project. The body shop will do it right.

I came close and I mean close to installing a stock black Ford GT 2008 rear deck wing I have had for 6 years, but just could not bring myself to do it, even though at times when I see a Shelby GT-H, I think it looks really cool.

I did use Grabbers post to show them how the grill cover fit from the back. Zackman & Springer are responsible for this project after talking me into the lower grill purchase.

Regards..... GG

Glad to see my old write up is still useful. I miss that car !

I did the clear lights on mine a few years back, I think you'll like the look a lot better. It just looks cleaner

Jeff

post-30105-0-93246800-1452138490_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-05202200-1452138507_thumb.jpg

I did the clear lights on mine a few years back, I think you'll like the look a lot better. It just looks cleaner

Jeff

Looking at your picture makes me say hmm? You have a Kenne Bell and intercooler yet you have the lower lights setup which SAI back in 2007 said won't fit with the intercooler, so how did you install them? Or were they not correct?

Looking at your picture makes me say hmm? You have a Kenne Bell and intercooler yet you have the lower lights setup which SAI back in 2007 said won't fit with the intercooler, so how did you install them? Or were they not correct?

They were kind of correct, at the moment the lights are on but the hoses are zip tied to the area where the backside of the cooling bezel comes through. The back of the brake duct side of the bezel had to be trimmed back some to allow the intercooler to fit, the lights fit no problem, so it works it just has to be modified. I'm working on an adapter that would attach and make an immediate turn so that I can attach the brake hoses back to them. similar to CDC;s designe to move there's over some, only we would need it for both sides to get around the intercooler. I've attached a cropped pic of their unit, the pic is just to show the idea of moving the backside hose attachment area over. Don't know how well the pic is going to come out had to do some serious cropping.

Jeff

post-30105-0-37414300-1452188108_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived