TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Valve Covers

Well I finally decided to go with a new set of valve covers for my SGT. Of all of the currently available 4.6 valve covers, the new ones by Shelby just semed to be a better option. Unlike the 5.4 valve covers, the 4.6 3-valve just doesn't lend itself to a cool looking cover. The blue version from Ford Racing really clashes with my Vista Blue SGT, and since nothing else under the hood is chromed, I didn't think the chrome cover would work either. So I opted for the new Shelby GT cover, (photo attached) Unfortunately, with all the hoses & dip sticks and the proximity of the shock tower the visability is somewhat limited. Still, I think a big improvement.

I think it comes about as good as it can to being "cool."

Bob

4.6 SHLB

&

57 AGIN

post-28691-007799300 1291762651_thumb.jpg

post-28691-007799300 1291762651_thumb.jpg

Nice look...You are correct, it is somewhat hidden by all the other parts in there. I wonder if centering the letters was more important to the designers than what the finished product was going to actually look like when installed... :shrug:

FordRocks1:

The install took about 2.5 hours. Took our time and actually had to trim a small piece from the battery tray that just couldn't seem to be worked around. Also took off the air intake assembly to allow driver side to be snaked out & back in. For the life of me I can't imagine why Ford made the original valve covers so ugly and that an upgrade wasn't developed early on by Shelby.

Since there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done for the 4.6 coil covers, the next thing is to figure out something to dress up the two fuel rails a little.

Bob

4.6 SHLB

&

57 AGIN

Archived