TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Viscious Rabbit!

CSX4350

Still not finished by any means, we have a couple more decals and the starter won't disengage, but as long as the Webers don't need rejetting it is looking hopeful that it will be at the Bash in January.

1950 pounds

538 horsepower

The Rabbit of Caerbannog:

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

It's alive, the jetting appears spot on and it idles silky smooth at 700 RPM. I hate that the Webers take all the lope out of the idle! It looks like it will be ready for Vegas.

The original "killer rabbit of Caerbannog", enjoy!

And don't hurt yourself laughing too hard.

It's alive, the jetting appears spot on and it idles silky smooth at 700 RPM. I hate that the Webers take all the lope out of the idle! It looks like it will be ready for Vegas.

The original "killer rabbit of Caerbannog", enjoy!

And don't hurt yourself laughing too hard.

Timeless and truly hilarious video!

The name in Python lore for the Rabbit is the Vorpalbunny for those wondering about such priceless trivia.

Awesome car! :salute:

VB

I didn't realize that, now I understand your screen name....

Yea, its pretty obscure lore. Cannot remember where I first heard it. If you do a Wiki search - you know the be all and end all of info LOL it will state that this is one of the name's for the Rabbit of Python lore. Because it beheads like a Vorpal Blade.

I just wanted some kind of mean or killer or viscious or dangerous rabbit name when I first knew I was getting the car. The only one that came to mind was the Vorpal Bunny and here we are.

I occaisonally post this info to help folks make the connection. It was extremely satisfying when at Terlingua 08 one of the magazine writers, maybe Autoweek, who wrote about the car and me asked about the plate Vorpl started reciting the video and the lines from the movie - he got it!!!

I was just so overwhelmed at the time, Carroll in my car signing, I had a mag writer interviewing me, folks taking photos, lunch was coming (kidding) that I forgot now who it was. Carroll getting in my car and allowing photos with it and me and Glenn the builder etc was the dream for me. A great day. :salute:

Vorpal aka David

Archived