TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbys in Florida

x-Boss429

Boss,

I'm from Fort Walton Beach (in NW panhandle between Destin & Pensacola)... Don't have my GT500 yet!!!

Ordered from dealer in Mobile, AL last April, but still no build date.

I'm temporarily in AZ for awhile, but hoping to get the car next month when I'm back in FL for a short vacation. I have only seen two on the road here in AZ.

Have you checked out the Southeast Regional Discussion Board? I think you'll find a few other Floridians there. <r> OOPS Dont see the Regional Board anymore. Guess they moved it..</r>

Congrats on your car.

Keith

Thanks guys, doesn't seem to be a lot of us. Maybe we can organize a cruise sometime, possibly to the keys. :bandance:

I'm on the east coast, near Jupiter, have not seen one at all in this area. Surprising, but none at all. Not even in Palm Beach or Boca Raton. Mine is on order as well, Mat'l hold of course. Keep us posted on cruise - should have mine within a year or two!

Wow I thought there would be lots of Shelbys running around Florida

I bet Ford had a plan to ship all the GT500's to Michigan, Maine, Minnesota, MA, etc. in Dec/Jan/Feb where no one can drive them due to snow and cold so they just sit in their garages and then send the Florida cars in June when it's too hot to drive them. Would be nice if they would switch it around - at least we could enjoy them down here. Then again, I know there's no plan otherwise many of us would have our cars.

I'm on the east coast, near Jupiter, have not seen one at all in this area. Surprising, but none at all. Not even in Palm Beach or Boca Raton. Mine is on order as well, Mat'l hold of course. Keep us posted on cruise - should have mine within a year or two!

Two weeks ago ... one on 95 south in melborn FL

There are a few of us around. I live in Miami and drive a Red Shelby (weekend car) with about 1m miles on it. The car is ridiculous and even more than I expected. There is a hamburger restaurant called Fuddruckers on USI and 104 St. The first Saturday of every month there is a car show, great attendance and a lot of fun. The show has a little bit of everything. I will definitely be taking the Shelby next weekend there.

Enjoy your ride-

Lutzcat already reported me in Port Charlotte. I do know of someone in Bradenton. Us florida boys need to get together ... and talk shop one day !

I wouldnt mind going to Jacksonville one weekend !

There are a few of us around. I live in Miami and drive a Red Shelby (weekend car) with about 1m miles on it. The car is ridiculous and even more than I expected. There is a hamburger restaurant called Fuddruckers on USI and 104 St. The first Saturday of every month there is a car show, great attendance and a lot of fun. The show has a little bit of everything. I will definitely be taking the Shelby next weekend there.

Enjoy your ride-

For work, I spent time in Miami four different times this last year. I like the area, but that traffic is something I would not want to deal with on a daily basis. Lifes too short to spend it in traffic.

I'm sure you like it for your own reasons, and I really liked the area, just no patience for the traffic.

HSURB

I'll be home March 8th for 2 weeks. My car goes to the shop for the KB, lowering kit and drag pack install on the 12th. The weekend of the 17th I plan to make some shows and cruise-in's around Jax. I don't want to get to far away the first week after all the new parts are on. The club calender hasn't been updated for March yet but I will post it soon as it is. If any one would like to come up, let me know and I'll get you the directions to the events.

**EDIT**

Events Calendar for Jacksonville Area in March

Stang Fest in Daytona may be a good time also. I plan on spending the week there.!!!

http://www.superstangfest.com/

I live in miami too put about 2k miles on my car around town in the last two mounths

Cherry, I try to go out to Fud's every monday night at about 8:30 would love to see another GT500 out there also there are some nice open roads to tear up sat and sun. if you get up early enough down in homestead around the race track

I live in miami too put about 2k miles on my car around town in the last two mounths

Cherry, I try to go out to Fud's every monday night at about 8:30 would love to see another GT500 out there also there are some nice open roads to tear up sat and sun. if you get up early enough down in homestead around the race track

I am in West Lake Worth, their are a few Gt500 around, I met FL. Chris a couple of weeks ago. No you do not see any of these cars on the road, I have only seen three so far. I drive mine when i get a chance.

I'm in Palm City

I have not seen a GT500 on the road but have been told several are around. I don't drive mine often. I just hit 1000 miles. I picked mine up in Tampa through an export deal Nov 06. I have seen several GT-H but that's it. I was told Martin County was only getting 3 GT500's. I saw there first arrival tungston w/ silver stripes, it was gone in in less than 24 hours. I know nothing of the other 2.

• 1 month later...

Hey Gang!

Replied earlier in post before I had my car... Just picked it up on 29 Mar, 200 miles already. I'm up in Fort Walton Beach (NW Panhandle area) between Destin and Pensacola. Will be taking my Red with White stripes to Tucson AZ next week for 2 months, then 2 years of storage while I'm on assignment to Korea...

A local dealer here has one in his showroom and claims to have 2 more on order. Other than that I haven't seen any in this part of the state.

Will have to make plans for a joining a Meet & Greet sometime in late 2009 unfortunately. But keep me posted and I'd love to see pics.

Keith

Have you beat, got 4500 on mine. Still enjoying the tune? Still waiting til the piggy bank fills back up before I get mine.

Lutzcat

Still loving it! Trouble free, hit 5,400 miles!! Had my first oil change at Courtesy Ford....$70.44! Not as bad as some places. The tune made all the difference....this thing is a monster!! I just changed the letters on back to sweep across the decklid. Looks great!!

post-17-1175646985_thumb.jpg

Hey Gang!

Replied earlier in post before I had my car... Just picked it up on 29 Mar, 200 miles already. I'm up in Fort Walton Beach (NW Panhandle area) between Destin and Pensacola. Will be taking my Red with White stripes to Tucson AZ next week for 2 months, then 2 years of storage while I'm on assignment to Korea...

A local dealer here has one in his showroom and claims to have 2 more on order. Other than that I haven't seen any in this part of the state.

Will have to make plans for a joining a Meet & Greet sometime in late 2009 unfortunately. But keep me posted and I'd love to see pics.

Keith

Congratulations on your car! Sorry you have to store it but gives you a lot of incentive to come home safe. Hope to see you in 09. :speedie:

Still loving it! Trouble free, hit 5,400 miles!! Had my first oil change at Courtesy Ford....$70.44! Not as bad as some places. The tune made all the difference....this thing is a monster!! I just changed the letters on back to sweep across the decklid. Looks great!!

Nice job on the lettering, did you do it? Where did you get your tune?

Hi Boss,

I am in Kissimmee eagerly waiting for mine to come in. It is torch red with white stripes. Since the ADM's were out of sight in Orlando, I got one in Ohio. It is scheduled to be at the dealer tomorrow. It was confirmed by the lady at Ford customer service. Will be sending it to Florida via Exotic Car Transport and I should have it at my house by the 15th.

I would imagine that there are quite a few people still waiting for theirs. It has been a long wait but my baby should be here soon!!

Hi Boss,

I am in Kissimmee eagerly waiting for mine to come in. It is torch red with white stripes. Since the ADM's were out of sight in Orlando, I got one in Ohio. It is scheduled to be at the dealer tomorrow. It was confirmed by the lady at Ford customer service. Will be sending it to Florida via Exotic Car Transport and I should have it at my house by the 15th.

I would imagine that there are quite a few people still waiting for theirs. It has been a long wait but my baby should be here soon!!

Congrats! I assure you it is worth the wait. I almost used Exotic myself, brought mine down from Tennessee.

Archived