TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Convertible SGT Pricing

GT500-2007

So I am at a dealer. Unmolested used 2008 with 15000 miles we are at 34K.

Good price?

GT

Here is a coupe with similar mileage that did NOT sell for $25k buy-it-now.

CLICK HERE!

So is a convertible with fewer miles worth $9k more?

No. At least not in my eyes.

Let's see:

*technically, the car is almost four years old; 2012 Mustangs should be out by the summer time.

*older bodystyle

*yes it's a Shelby, but you can still get a Boss, a 5.0, a GT500, a GT350, etc.

Any sort of warranty? (obviously, the remainder of the 3yr/36k, but what about an extended warranty?)

I'd try for $31-32k-ish.

Good luck!

The poster is asking about SGT convertibles. If you can find a 2008 SGT convertible, I say if because they do not come up for sale very often, the price should be in the $32,000 to $36,000 range. As always, the price is based on condition, mileage, extras etc.

Based on the question from the first post, a 2008 SGT convertible, unmolested, with 15,000 miles, should not be out-of-line at all with an asking price of $34,000. Good luck in the negotiations. Let us know how you come out, and post some pics when you buy it! :salute:

The poster is asking about SGT convertibles. If you can find a 2008 SGT convertible, I say if because they do not come up for sale very often, the price should be in the $32,000 to $36,000 range. As always, the price is based on condition, mileage, extras etc.

Based on the question from the first post, a 2008 SGT convertible, unmolested, with 15,000 miles, should not be out-of-line at all with an asking price of $34,000. Good luck in the negotiations. Let us know how you come out, and post some pics when you buy it! :salute:

I agree. Everyone is pulling up 07 coupes. $38K firm for my GT/SC.

if $34K is the OTD price than it might be a good deal. If that's just the deal price then they should throw in a 3 yr warranty to make it a "good deal".

Be sure to inspect the suspension in the back for broken sway bar rods!

Check the black divider between the 2 windows for premature fading, and check for rattling sounds in the doors.

15,000 miles is nothing on these cars, but it needs to have been maintained properly. Any receipts?

As an update I did walk away from the deal. They did come down a little in price but I still thought the price was high based on the vehicle. Although unmolested it did need some stripe work, hood pins were in bad shape and one rim had some curb damage. The black rubber molding around the convertible top on the trunk end also was stained with embedded dirt that did not want to come off. Not sure if this is a typical issue with this molding but it did catch my eye. The fact that the car was out of warranty and still had the original scoop also worried me some.

So I'll wait and see what else shows up. Thanks for everyone's input as it helped to anchor me while negotiating on the car.

Great to have a knowledgeable team out there that can give great feedback on short notice!

Thanks again to everyone....

GT

Considering you only have a total of 778 blue 'verts to pick from ( and how many of them are for sale) it becomes an issue of supply and demand. I would sell mine right now for $31,000 firm. It has 3,900 miles, 5K in extras and all the stock parts except for the wheels. I also live 5 miles from Tasca and could drop it off there for more mods while you waited for the title and transport.

I agree. Everyone is pulling up 07 coupes. $38K firm for my GT/SC.

What else does it have?

I have had mine on ebay & autotrader for months and no lookers at $33,000. I have Brembo front brakes and GT500 tires & wheels and hav eit listed for $33,000. Every call I receive is someone thinking it is a GT500.

I have had all TSB's finished and painted the hood stripes so they do not wrinkle again.

http://www.autotrade...&standard=false

It also has all paperwork, documentation, and convertible boot cover.

Dr. Jon

Considering you only have a total of 778 blue 'verts to pick from ( and how many of them are for sale) it becomes an issue of supply and demand. I would sell mine right now for $31,000 firm. It has 3,900 miles, 5K in extras and all the stock parts except for the wheels. I also live 5 miles from Tasca and could drop it off there for more mods while you waited for the title and transport.

:headscratch::headscratch:

:cry:

Why are so many people selling their cars?

I'm at the point where my Shelby is two years from being paid off.. Why sell it now, lose money/down payment/equity/etc., when I can finish paying for it and get another one?

GT

I think this would match you Blue Super Snake perfectly :dance:

:headscratch::headscratch:

:cry:

Why are so many people selling their cars?

I'm at the point where my Shelby is two years from being paid off.. Why sell it now, lose money/down payment/equity/etc., when I can finish paying for it and get another one?

Making room in the garage for a Ford GT.

5spd or auto?

5K in extras, send me a pm :shift:

Archived