TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Exhaust for 2011 GT500

Rachane

I have just found that Ford Racing Performance Parts makes a 50-state-legal catback exhaust for the 2011 GT500. It is described here. [Note that there is a different catback for the 2010, to which there is a link on this page.]

I'm wondering whether anyone has experience with this FRPP 2011 catback, and if so what your impressions are.

• 2 weeks later...
I have that exhaust new in the box for $400.00 shipped to yor door. I bought it for my 2011 GT500, I re installed the stock exhaust it sounded great but not loud enough for me.

We've got a deal! :) I have sent you private email through Team Shelby.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed today. Don't know how to capture or upload a sound-sample, but it (the FRPP 50-state-legal "touring" exhaust for the '11 GT500) is to my ears about the same volume as the stock exhaust, but it gets completely rid of that "tinny rasp" of the stock, and lowers the tone from baritone to bass.

This is basically what I wanted it to do, which is what the FRPP "touring" exhaust did for my earlier '07, so I'm completely gruntled. The rolled/chrome tips with the "Ford Racing" stamped on them also stick out about an inch from the rear of the car (the stock were flush with the rear), so this is a nice touch too.

Installed today. Don't know how to capture or upload a sound-sample, but it (the FRPP 50-state-legal "touring" exhaust for the '11 GT500) is to my ears about the same volume as the stock exhaust, but it gets completely rid of that "tinny rasp" of the stock, and lowers the tone from baritone to bass.

This is basically what I wanted it to do, which is what the FRPP "touring" exhaust did for my earlier '07, so I'm completely gruntled. The rolled/chrome tips with the "Ford Racing" stamped on them also stick out about an inch from the rear of the car (the stock were flush with the rear), so this is a nice touch too.

A guy with a '10 found the same thing. He order the 50-state legal (CA) FRPP mufflers and the first thing he noticed is that they weren't round but oval.

With a little reasearch I found out that the CA legal mufflers are called "quiets" and the 49-state are called the "louds".

I assume it's the same for the 11's as well. If you want loud, go with the 49-state, ROUND "louds".

If you want quiet, use the CA legal "quiets".

Phill

1. Phill, I finally made it all the way through your sig.

2. Those ccognetta's KR wheels you list?

3. '08-'09 KR wheels replacing your factory 19" wheels/tires?

4. Have a shot of that?

Tob,

As per the numbers I attached to your post.

1. LOL...yeah, I need to shorten it up a bit. Okay, A LOT. I tried to make double colums by using spaces to move a second column over but it just runs the rows together and eliminates the spaces for some reason.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Not yet, the wheels are in transit (check from me to him/wheels from him to me).

Like I told C, I've wanted a set of Alcoa Dura-Brights since I first laid eyes on 'em but I didn't want to go with 20" wheels/tires. I'm a "drag racing guy" so I want SIDEWALL on my car. If Alcoa would have made a 19" Dura-Bright, I would'a went with them just for the benefit of not screwing with the dynamics of the car, mechanically or asthetically, being able to use my *like*new* OEM F1's, blah X 3.

So the 18" Alcoa's are the best of both worlds, for me. I get to have my cake and eat it too. At first he was like, "the KR wheels are this and that" and I told him the fact that they are KR wheels actually *detracts* from the value, as far as *I* am concerned. If they didn't have the KR machined into the rim I'd be MUCH happier. I also want to put my SVT caps on them and NOT "KR" caps (he has a set of caps for sale). I didn't know it but the Alcoa wheels will accept OEM center caps so you don't have to use the Shebly center caps that stick out like little hubcaps.

I *will* get pics of the car but it's still gonna bit awhile. I'm STILL waiting for the FR3 pack from Tousley. They finally stopped giving me new shipping dates and found out from the head guy at FRPP that they are changing suppliers for their shocks/struts so they are not expected to ship until mid-February. I don't want to put the car all back together with OE/Stock suspension only to tear it back apart when the FR3 gets here but I *might* put the 18's on, put the car on the ground and snap some pics.

I pulled the rear axle out and was waiting for the FR3 but I couldn't get a jack under the front with the rear in the air so I put the OE (rear) shocks/springs back in, put the rear down, lifted the front and then the back again so I could get the car up on 4 stands. And there is sits! I got smart and didn't pull the front struts so it's not *that* far from being able to put a set of wheels on and sitting it down for a photo op. Problem is, it won't be lowered so I won't know how it will look until after I get the handling pack delivered and installed.

And then there's the issue of photo size....I've tried to upload pics to TS multiple times and apparenlty my pics are either too BIG.....or too small! It's agravating. What's the op photo size for TS???

Thanks, and Happy New Year to you (all),

Phill

I believe the 49 state legal is what I ordered (FRPP SVT Sport Mufflers) for my 11 Pony. They are an upgrade for the GT500 and also for the other 11 Mustangs according to FRPP. I hope with the headers and x-pipe they will sound very good, even on the new V6. I am a bit worried that using the stock midpipe is going to be a weak link. If so I will get a muffler shop to build me something less restrictive.

Archived